Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

I'd like it to come instantly to all devices back to the G1 and shoot rainbows and unicorns.

More seriously, I'd like some of the more basic root functions to become part of the standard OS. 90% of the reason I have my Note rooted is just so Nova Launcher can have permission to manage widgets, have different quick settings, and Titanium Backup can back up my apps/data. Those are not things that should require root and "voiding your warranty". Themes would be great too.

ROM
    Different everyday.

I really want to see the quick settings expanded. First, They definitely need to be customizable. Also, it would be nice if all the settings could be handled in the status bar instead of opening the settings app. In example, instead of holding the wifi tile to see available networks in the settings, you could hold it and see all the networks in the status bar itself. This would also work well with bluetooth.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,745 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    If they don't I'd be amazed.

I'm sure we could develop an open source implementation of it but again it needs to be asked how important is that feature?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I wonder if Google feels a feature like Multiview encroaches on Chromebook functionality.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Does Samsung have a patent on their multi-view feature?
    By Multi view you mean cascade view and windows right? Windows exist in desktop and Apple have fullscreen mode on some apps in OS X, which looks like inverted solution but it practicly the same thing and they did that before samsung. Windows 8/RT got cascade windowing too and cascade windows managers existed in Linux long before that and they open sourced. So i don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    If they don't I'd be amazed.

I'm sure we could develop an open source implementation of it but again it needs to be asked how important is that feature?

And my example of having a live chat next to a stock ticker (or any other app) is not sufficient? If not, are you telling me that you never use side-by-side capability on your desktop? Everyone uses side-by-side on the desktop computer. They use it because it's useful. Explain why it's not useful on a smart phone with big screen.

I also highly doubt it's patented. I mean, this would be equivalent to patenting side-by-side on the desktop. Windows tablets have it too. But who knows.....

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tr-1 View Post
    And my example of having a live chat next to a stock ticker (or any other app) is not sufficient? If not, are you telling me that you never use side-by-side capability on your desktop? Everyone uses side-by-side on the desktop computer. They use it because it's useful. Explain why it's not useful on a smart phone with big screen.

I also highly doubt it's patented. I mean, this would be equivalent to patenting side-by-side on the desktop. Windows tablets have it too. But who knows.....
    Firstly I never said it couldn't be useful but I think you are again overplaying the demand for such a feature.

The implementation on windows machines may be totally different when it comes to software how its executed is key.

I just really want consistency. A unified way to play, pause, rewind, fastforward media. I love my ipad for being able to listen to youtube in the background. Android has no such feature

Quote Originally Posted by midnight93933 View Post
    I just really want consistency. A unified way to play, pause, rewind, fastforward media. I love my ipad for being able to listen to youtube in the background. Android has no such feature
    There are apps which let you do that. PVSTAR, Stick It for example

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by checknmator View Post
    There are many features to add on in Android 5.0 i.e. Key Lime Pie but these features are yet to be revealed but hopefully the New Android OS Key Lime Pie will be having some of these feature ....
    Enhanced Social Network Support
    Multiple Device Support
    along with a "Never Update Option"
    Click Here for full Post
    What is new in Android 5.0 features, News, Updates
    I think it would be nice, but a never update option will never happen. Security and other liabilities have to be fixed and IT support is easier when you are referencing one os instead of 2 or 3. It just won't happen officially

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

ROM
    Gelato 11-28

here are some concepts that i would like implemented

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by pwngmike View Post
    here are some concepts that i would like implemented

I really like the multiple Page notifications and the Google Now shortcut is a good idea.

Google Now Really needs some stream lining. Like just faster opening and response. I would use the thing if it were not so slow. Chrome integration would be great as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Here's another one. Should be a piece of KeyLimePie lol.
    I don't want to download a 3rd party launcher just to cut down on the number of screens. The most I use is 3.
    gnr_2 likes this.

I'd like to see some multi tasking, maybe...

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    dcunited08 likes this.

Long press for numbers/symbols on the stock swipe keyboard

That's already possible on the stock keyboard

How? Please provide some guidance. I'm running the latest JB and I don't even have numbers on the keys unless I switch to numbers/symbols.
    Thanks

Just long press on the top row of letters and the number pops up, same thing with alternate letters. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do. Hope this helps!

Is the stock "swipe" keyboard the same as the stock keyboard? I only have alt numbers on my top row of letters for the stock JB keyboard, unlike third party keyboards that have symbols on all the keys.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Nothing like that on the stock N7 keyboard.
    Not sure how it used to be before the swipe was introduced. I was using Swype Beta before that..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    Is the stock "swipe" keyboard the same as the stock keyboard? I only have alt numbers on my top row of letters for the stock JB keyboard, unlike third party keyboards that have symbols on all the keys.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    If you long press on letters, the accented version pops up like the numbers do on the top row. It could be the ROM I'm using, but it's AOSP based so I think it's a stock feature

Quote Originally Posted by jamontoast1291 View Post
    If you long press on letters, the accented version pops up like the numbers do on the top row. It could be the ROM I'm using, but it's AOSP based so I think it's a stock feature
    I think mine does that. I don't use the stock keyboard, I was just describing my JB stock keyboard to the person who doesn't seem to have it. The keyboard has virtually no settings so it's not like there's anything to change.

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I don't have it (checked multiple times and held the key for like 5 seconds to make sure LOL).

The stock Nexus 7 keyboard does not expose numbers/symbols on long press. You have to manually press the "?123" button on the bottom left to switch to numbers/symbols and then press the "ABC" button again to switch back. Very annoying because every other keyboard I've ever used has this feature.
    gnr_2 likes this.

I'm sure when the OP started this thread back in the year 2012 they had hopes of seeing a Key-Lime Pie code source operating system in place by Early-to-Mid 2013.. But code name "K.L.P." is no closer now than it was when this thread was first conceived.. There are so many issues with the current code ( JellyBean ) there is no way to move forward at the present time.. Maybe by the year 2014 new code will be ready for PrimeTime..

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I don't have it (checked multiple times and held the key for like 5 seconds to make sure LOL).

The stock Nexus 7 keyboard does not expose numbers/symbols on long press. You have to manually press the "?123" button on the bottom left to switch to numbers/symbols and then press the "ABC" button again to switch back. Very annoying because every other keyboard I've ever used has this feature.
    I just quickly googled it and it looks like google took it out on the Nexus 7 for some reason (https://plus.google.com/106855304824...ts/BKDjRsb4Dqq)
    Thanked by:
    tr-1 

Sorry dude, that made me laugh. Maybe the 4.2.1/2 keyboard will have it since it's supposed to be a better keyboard than the 4.1.1, or of course, download a new one!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast