What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What improvements and features would you like in the future of android OS? What are most important improvement or features would you like?

Personalization: (Most Important)

-More stock Google Widgets
IE Clock and Weather widget of there own
IE Scrollable Current Widgets for separate feeds you follow
IE Battery Widget

-Change color scheme of stock OS
I would like the option to change the black and blue scheme ICS/JB as well the color of stock keyboard.

Features

-Notifications (Most Important)
I would like to be able to quickly reply or delete and email or message straight fom notification window from either lock or unlocked screen.
A vibrate feature to remind me notifications when pick up my phone but also vibrate by itself every so often as a reminder. For example I have some type of notification and it will vibrate once or twice every minute for five minutes. Obviously I would like flexibility to change time and frequency of vibration as well which notifications I would allow to have this option.

-Lockscreen
The ability have widgets on my lock screen.
The ability access the app drawer to have certain apps I choose to be access with out unlocking the phone.

-Multitasking
The ability to run more than one app at same time on screen.
IE play Angry Birds on the left or right side of the screen and text on opposite side.
IE watch video or browse the internet on top half or bottom half the screen and text on opposite screen

Performance (Most Important)
-Improved Speed
-Improved Battery Life
-Improved Sensitivity

I am not expecting android to make all my wishes come true with next OS but hopefully after a few updates they will have have most of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

These are all good ideas. The multitasking idea you have is already on the note 10.1 so it may be for all devices in key lime pie. Only problem with this is that most phones have to small of a screen to make use of it.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
These are all good ideas. The multitasking idea you have is already on the note 10.1 so it may be for all devices in key lime pie. Only problem with this is that most phones have to small of a screen to make use of it.

Some ideas I listed were not specific to either a tablet or smartphone but in general. I know some of ideas will only work on the tablet.

The windows surface was first device I saw and multiple apps running simultaneously on the screen.

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

Yes I know the windows surface has that type of multitasking but I referred to the note 10.1 because it is android and it is actually already out.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Multiple user accounts + Parental Control. JB has this feature so sure will get it.
Backup/restore home screen. Option in settings-->backup and reset
Sync Application data to Google drive and restore to any device.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Multiple user accounts + Parental Control. JB has this feature so sure will get it.
Backup/restore home screen. Option in settings-->backup and reset
Sync Application data to Google drive and restore to any device.

Like back up idea. I would like Google to restore and back up all user's media,messages, contacts, documents and apps.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Like back up idea. I would like Google to restore and back up all user's media,messages, contacts, documents and apps.

I think we're heading in that direction. Google is pushing the cloud and have been for some time, hence no external storage for the Nexus line. A more comprehensive or complete backup and sync is the next logical step imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Make Chrome default browser - Some might not like it but the default browser is developed by google so why not set chrome default.

App Features:

Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Kill the app when closed"
Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Dont start App automatically"

Lock Screen Features:

See Notification from lock screen(PIN,Pattern and Password) and make it an option in settings.

Option in Lock settings to unlock when right password is typed rather than pressing OK

Show widget lock before pin,pattern and password unlock option. that way you can go to camera app for other locks.

Like OP mentions would like to have the ability to open certain app even from lock screen Combined with Lock screen widget Customization.

Widgets in lockscreen

Change backgroud color/Image in lock screen.

Widgets:

More Toggle support for the default Android Toggle with customization.

Other features:

Quite hours with wifi/data connection/Bluetooth/GPS on off

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Contacts and apps are already in cloud and can be backed up using Sync.
Also should be an option in "backup and restore" to backup user's media,messages and other files.would love to see these backup in Google drive and manage it from there.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I think we're heading in that direction. Google is pushing the cloud and have been for some time, hence no external storage for the Nexus line. A more comprehensive or complete backup and sync is the next logical step imo.

How is us not taking the SD card out Google not wanting us to have SD cards if that was the case the sgs3 would be like that the non removable storage is unique in the nexus line only

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
How is us not taking the SD card out Google not wanting us to have SD cards if that was the case the sgs3 would be like that the non removable storage is unique in the nexus line only

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

I believe that's what I said. Google uses the Nexus line as reference devices. Part of that is no SDcard because of cloud storage (amongst other reasons).

The GS3 is neither a Nexus device nor a straight Android device, taking little from Googles own reference phone. Thus, it has an external SDcard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Yep

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I want to have the notifications be pull-able over full screen apps, like in iOS. The notification bar should vanish when I leave it and return with a simple gesture. Therefore I can easily see my notifications without having to press home and minimizing the app.

Whaddaya think?

Author of NoobTech:
http://wp.me/2uu9r

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I want to have the notifications be pull-able over full screen apps, like in iOS. The notification bar should vanish when I leave it and return with a simple gesture. Therefore I can easily see my notifications without having to press home and minimizing the app.

Whaddaya think?

Author of NoobTech:
NoobTech
isnt that how it works now??? I tried it in JB with a youtube video playing full screen. i was able to pull down the notification and as soon as i closed the notification the top bar disappeared.

maybe its not in ics but dont know. the notification works from any apps too.

Reactions: kkapoorr

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
isnt that how it works now??? I tried it in JB with a youtube video playing full screen. i was able to pull down the notification and as soon as i closed the notification the top bar disappeared.

maybe its not in ics but dont know. the notification works from any apps too.

Wha...? It's already there? Omg!:D:eek:;):)

Author of NoobTech:
http://wp.me/2uu9r

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Multitasking and ram optimization. I want have a video going and continue to play while I answer texts and check Web pages and stuff. AT LEAST this across tabs in crome. Also be able to answer texts quickly without going completely to the texting app. So be able to answer a text while playing a game or video without leaving that screen/app.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why messanger and gtalk are not the same thing on mobile devices. Google, make it so in klp.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21