What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Google now post to twitter Facebook and g+ s voice does twitter and I want it to lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I would like to have widgets in the notification bar, kinda like iOS but customizable to where I can change which ones are there and which one are not. Also I would like to see Swift Key keyboard integrated into the OS, the default ICS one on my phone sucks and Swift Key is just amazing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Aluzeros

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

1. Voice Dialling Name Recognition to be fixed. It barely gets American names correct, and forget Foreign names

2. Headphone Mic overhaul, Introduce 4 button standard (includes mute for those long conference calls), and works while phone is active and inactive, and the ability to activate voice actions through it. IOS is awesome in this area, would like to see it in Android. Why? Handsfree + bluetooth sucks for the receiver during a phone call when talking to a person on bluetooth compared to headphone/mic. I want to be able to have my phone in my case and be able to do basic stuff without removing it. The ability to program those buttons to specific actions the user wants.

3. Battery improvement. Battery improvement. Battery improvement! I want my phone to last all day, part of the issue is Android sucks a lot of battery juice from running apps, and hardware.

4. Ability to rearrange Notifications as they come in the drawer, I want certain things to come on top above other notifications.

5. Lockscreen notifications and the ability to swipe left and right to add more widgets on the lockscreen.

6. Google Music improvements: The ability to upload individual songs and albums, besides just left to the syncing feature. The ability to safe offline music to SD CARD because 16 GB is just not enough and I hate to burst everyone's cloud bubble/pedestal. A lot of us don't have signal everywhere, It would be nice to listen to music on the plane or in a spot with no reception / wifi. Helpful for military soldiers and people who travel a lot.

7. Multiple Profiles for Tablets

8. Multiple Apps next to each other for Tablets

9. Stop skimping on specs for flagship phones. Come out with at least three versions of flagship phone. Low end, middle end, and high end specs. Giving Nexus lovers more options. Why should someone buy a nexus to find out a month later, a galaxy s3 is twice as better in specs. At least make a high end nexus to compete with newer phones that will come out in the following year.

0 Google to stop letting carriers handle updates for flagship phones.

0 Google to kill fragmentation by forcing manufactures that come out with a new phone with certain min specs and carry the latest android os.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

google.jpg

Google Granted Multiple User Face-To-Unlock Patent – Coming Soon To Key Lime Pie
I don't see the use of this feature in a smartphone but a chrome book or tablet I see the practical use for those devices. I can see this greatly as feature used in a Android OS for PC or crossing figures for a "GC".

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

No more auto-loading the most recent page in the native browser..:D

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

man, many features we ask in KLP is already on Android 4.2.

We need to create a new thread and start over again

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Lol my thoughts exactly. On the list of features that I wanted in Key Lime Pie one of was the lock screen widgets that is now on 4.2. However wanted to be able open apps from lock screen as well without unlocking the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Multitasking multitasking multitasking. Whatever you have to do, do it and make it happen.

Some sort driver support so I can put a printer driver on, plug a usb into my phone, and print. Also support for drivers with controllers and other devices. The current apps for printing are horrible and there needs to be an easier way natively.

Google now to be faster.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Last edited:

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

I believe Gmail zoom functionality has already been done in 4.2.
Widgets in the notification bar are definitely part of 4.2.

Here's what I want and I think it's the most important features because others could be at least done via 3rd party apps:
- Side-by-side multitasking (for all G apps for starters). This can be done... Samsung did it.
- Integration of Talk, Chat (whatever else Google has), mobile Messenger. This is just crazy to have so many ways of communicating via separate apps.

Other than that I don't think it's fair to demand Google to have ALL possible features you may need in the OS. I mean, what are you going to leave for developers? Also, Google should focus on

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I would like a service similar to iMessage. I had the OG Droid on release day and have since had the Droid X, Bionic then the RAZR (not the MAXX). I couldn?t stand the battery life and some of the issues I was having with it so I switched to an iPhone 5 on release day. I like the iPhone but I want to switch back to Android, I hate how boring and cartoonish the iPhone looks and operates. I know we have Talk but let?s be honest, hardly anyone uses it. The advantage of iMessage is that you can see when people read your message (if they have it turned on) and, most importantly, you?re able to send actual clear quality video messages, not the compressed blocky unreadable ones that are sent via text message.
If Google could figure out a way to integrate Talk with a person?s phone number (instead of having to ask the person their Gmail address that?s linked to their phones [I swear nobody ever knows this] then having to wait for them to approve and use a totally separate app that can?t even send a picture). It would be even more awesome if they could integrate it with iMessage so you can have cross capability between Android and iOS users (as in being able to send an iPhone user a video that is actually viewable). I would also like a stock battery percentage readout that you can have displayed on the iPhone in the status bar (I believe Samsung built this into their ?new? touchwiz).
Like many others, I would like to be able to reply back to a text message when it pops up, instead of having to leave my current program. Also, a program similar to iTunes (in theory), just to make it easier to import/export files to and from your phone would be great. I hate having to roam around different folders trying to find something. The Emoji icons are cool as well. I know it sounds like all I am asking for is iOS features but after using these services, I enjoy them.

A few other things I would like to see is better battery optimization on the software side, ability to store purchases from Google Music on your computer (not just the download everything to two devices), ability to burn just a cd from Music, not download all 1200 songs I currently have uploaded on there. Although Google Music is not directly related to Android KLP, the Google ecosystem is what needs to improve by the time I switch back.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

1. Improved battery life. I'd like to see them do for battery life what Project Butter did for touch performance.

2. Expand Google Voice to improve its integration and natively enable VOIP (and add MMS and encrypted calling and enhance notifications)

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

They absolutely must merge ALL messaging apps into one. I'm sick of using SMS, Talk and Voice.
There's also G+ messenger... Crazy

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Integrate Google+ hangouts into the dialer/phone app (kinda like facetime). I know it's simple to just open an app like Google+/Skype/Tango, etc to video chat, but not everyone uses the same app and if they made it even more simple to use hangouts, then everyone would use it.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Multitasking multitasking multitasking. Whatever you have to do, do it and make it happen.

Some sort driver support so I can put a printer driver on, plug a usb into my phone, and print. Also support for drivers with controllers and other devices. The current apps for printing are horrible and there needs to be an easier way natively.

Google now to be faster.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

As Android uses Linux kernel it has all Kernel drivers at it's disposal, it's just matter of seting it up... except for printers, this is delt in userspace by cups for example

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Samsung GSIII already allows you to play a video and do other things. JB already allows quick response to messages right from the notification pane

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Imo samsung solution on multitasking with video looks ugly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle