What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Android has really advanced with Duarte at the helm, I have faith that KLP will be another huge step. I just want it to launch on a Moto Nexus.

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I would like to be able to do full backups with a non-rooted device. I would also like to see better implemented wireless printing, built in anti-theft software (to track phone if it is lost/stolen), and improvements to the stock keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

HimOffTheTelly

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure if this feature is in JB or not as I get conflicting statementsbfrom friends with JB-running phones, and I'm on a Note 1 still waiting on JB update, but basically I want the notification shade to be More dynamic, to carry functioning widgets for weather and calendars, news ticker etc, and for notifications to be more interactive. I gather that on iOS 6 one can reply to notifications directly without being taken to the corresponding app. Also you can tweet and update Facebook status directly from the notification shade. One thing I do miss from iPhone is the ability to have all previews of notifications appearing and scrollable on the lock screen so that they can be viewed without unlocking the phone. I'm not bothered about privacy personally as long as it remains an option rather than a default. Oh and although Samsung have always added most quick settings to the notification area, something I appreciated back on my first Android phone, the original Galaxy S, and this is now standard on JB 4.2 I gather

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

HimOffTheTelly

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Whoops posted accidently before I finished. Was just goingnto add that a brightness setting would be a good addition to the settings already in the notification shade. Aside from that Android is almost perfect already and most improvements I could think of are specific to my phone, some of which will be addressed by the 4.1 update I'm still waiting for!

mathiasjk

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

What I want most are mostly improvements in the notification bar.
- Why can't we answer texts and mails by using 2 fingre swipe?
- The quick settings, should be toggles and not just shortcuts into the settings. Pressing the wifi toggle should turn it on/of, and not directing you to settings. This is a feature in CyanogenMod 10.2, so Google can do it too.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

What I want most are mostly improvements in the notification bar.
- Why can't we answer texts and mails by using 2 fingre swipe?
- The quick settings, should be toggles and not just shortcuts into the settings. Pressing the wifi toggle should turn it on/of, and not directing you to settings. This is a feature in CyanogenMod 10.2, so Google can do it too.

The quick settings are already toggles as a part of android 4.2...unless I am missing something. The long press gets you into the settings. I don't think this is a CM10.1 feature as it has been there since day 1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Whoops posted accidently before I finished. Was just goingnto add that a brightness setting would be a good addition to the settings already in the notification shade. Aside from that Android is almost perfect already and most improvements I could think of are specific to my phone, some of which will be addressed by the 4.1 update I'm still waiting for!

Brightness settings are already a part of 4.2 quick settings as well. I think one of the only toggles that were added to stock was the flashlight (torch light).
I believe some of the CM10.1 settings we now use today will be built into KLP, which is good, but will make the update a little less impressive since we have already been using them for a while now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I said this before but I want Google to have their version Widgets and apps that come with Touchwiz and Sense. I also want to change the color scheme of the ui. I want the phone app more robust.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

im probably in the minority but i want notifications to be expanded once they come. I dont want to have to swipe down for it. I'd also like for them to let me respond directly from there without having to go into an app.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

We kinda already have that with Google+ and Google Talk. Sorry. Google should advertise those features more prominently though, they're awesome.

We don't actually have that integrated as well as iOS does with FaceTime.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Chillidog66

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to see a default pc streaming application like Splashtop but default and flawless.

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

We kinda already have that with Google+ and Google Talk. Sorry. Google should advertise those features more prominently though, they're awesome.

The biggest issue I have with all these Google "communication" apps is that they are all separated. We have G Voice, G Talk, G+ Messenger, and your standard SMS Messenger. This is waaaay too many messengers for basically the same purpose.
IMO, they can integrate most, if not all, into one and supposedly they are already working on it:

Google to merge Hangouts, Talk & Messenger — Tech News and Analysis

EGill#WP

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I would love to have my data backed up to the cloud. I believe iOS has this feature, and it seems like it would really useful for game data...Actually, for game progress is the main reason I would like this feature. I flash roms frequently, and never having to worry about a games progress would be great. It would even allow for one to delete a game, and comeback to if they desire at a later time.

Also, improved multitasking. At the very least, the browser and the YouTube app featuring improved multitasking would satisfy most peoples multitasking needs to compete with BlackBerry 10.

I got to admit, I like where BlackBerry 10 is going. With a little time to attract a few remaining applications, and some bug updates it seems like a winner. In spite of that, will see what the public thinks.

siriusnoodles

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

The biggest issue I have with all these Google "communication" apps is that they are all separated. We have G Voice, G Talk, G+ Messenger, and your standard SMS Messenger. This is waaaay too many messengers for basically the same purpose.
IMO, they can integrate most, if not all, into one and supposedly they are already working on it:

Google to merge Hangouts, Talk & Messenger ? Tech News and Analysis

I'd like that too. All I'm saying is that we already have all the services at hand. All google needs to do is consolidate them into one, unified service.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

They need to do Full cloud backup *cough like apple cough*

Some actual multitasking would be nice but probable a pipe dream for this version sense all anyone complains about these days is battery life and pretty screen transitions. No core functionality will improve until this is solved or stopped being focused on because its all anyone seems to care about.

Modular manufacture software is also a pipe dream but I will list it anyway.

Consistency with the back and home buttons when switching from app to app is something that should have happened a long time ago but still not fixed completely.

Please for the love of the lord, if you are not going to do any real multitasking, make it possible to reply to text messages without leaving whatever app you are in. Just this fix would make me very happy.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Please for the love of the lord, if you are not going to do any real multitasking, make it possible to reply to text messages without leaving whatever app you are in. Just this fix would make me very happy.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

They gotta do something similar to what Samsung did on Note 2.... side-by-side apps. It's kinda sad when a 3rd party manufacturer does a better job using your OS capabilities than you.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

There are a lot of 3rd party apps that can be resized and run side by side (browsers, calculators, etc). I don't really think it's something that needs to be built in to the OS and should be left to touchwiz, IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user