What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

And my example of having a live chat next to a stock ticker (or any other app) is not sufficient? If not, are you telling me that you never use side-by-side capability on your desktop? Everyone uses side-by-side on the desktop computer. They use it because it's useful. Explain why it's not useful on a smart phone with big screen.

I also highly doubt it's patented. I mean, this would be equivalent to patenting side-by-side on the desktop. Windows tablets have it too. But who knows.....

Firstly I never said it couldn't be useful but I think you are again overplaying the demand for such a feature.

The implementation on windows machines may be totally different when it comes to software how its executed is key.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

midnight93933

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I just really want consistency. A unified way to play, pause, rewind, fastforward media. I love my ipad for being able to listen to youtube in the background. Android has no such feature

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

I just really want consistency. A unified way to play, pause, rewind, fastforward media. I love my ipad for being able to listen to youtube in the background. Android has no such feature

There are apps which let you do that. PVSTAR, Stick It for example

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

There are many features to add on in Android 5.0 i.e. Key Lime Pie but these features are yet to be revealed but hopefully the New Android OS Key Lime Pie will be having some of these feature ....
Enhanced Social Network Support
Multiple Device Support
along with a "Never Update Option"
Click Here for full Post
What is new in Android 5.0 features, News, Updates

I think it would be nice, but a never update option will never happen. Security and other liabilities have to be fixed and IT support is easier when you are referencing one os instead of 2 or 3. It just won't happen officially

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I really like the multiple Page notifications and the Google Now shortcut is a good idea.

Google Now Really needs some stream lining. Like just faster opening and response. I would use the thing if it were not so slow. Chrome integration would be great as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Here's another one. Should be a piece of KeyLimePie lol.
I don't want to download a 3rd party launcher just to cut down on the number of screens. The most I use is 3.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to see some multi tasking, maybe...

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

How? Please provide some guidance. I'm running the latest JB and I don't even have numbers on the keys unless I switch to numbers/symbols.
Thanks

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Just long press on the top row of letters and the number pops up, same thing with alternate letters. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do. Hope this helps!

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Long press for numbers/symbols on the stock swipe keyboard
Is the stock "swipe" keyboard the same as the stock keyboard? I only have alt numbers on my top row of letters for the stock JB keyboard, unlike third party keyboards that have symbols on all the keys.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Nothing like that on the stock N7 keyboard.
Not sure how it used to be before the swipe was introduced. I was using Swype Beta before that..
Thanks

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Is the stock "swipe" keyboard the same as the stock keyboard? I only have alt numbers on my top row of letters for the stock JB keyboard, unlike third party keyboards that have symbols on all the keys.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

If you long press on letters, the accented version pops up like the numbers do on the top row. It could be the ROM I'm using, but it's AOSP based so I think it's a stock feature

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

If you long press on letters, the accented version pops up like the numbers do on the top row. It could be the ROM I'm using, but it's AOSP based so I think it's a stock feature
I think mine does that. I don't use the stock keyboard, I was just describing my JB stock keyboard to the person who doesn't seem to have it. The keyboard has virtually no settings so it's not like there's anything to change.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I don't have it (checked multiple times and held the key for like 5 seconds to make sure LOL).

The stock Nexus 7 keyboard does not expose numbers/symbols on long press. You have to manually press the "?123" button on the bottom left to switch to numbers/symbols and then press the "ABC" button again to switch back. Very annoying because every other keyboard I've ever used has this feature.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure when the OP started this thread back in the year 2012 they had hopes of seeing a Key-Lime Pie code source operating system in place by Early-to-Mid 2013.. But code name "K.L.P." is no closer now than it was when this thread was first conceived.. There are so many issues with the current code ( JellyBean ) there is no way to move forward at the present time.. Maybe by the year 2014 new code will be ready for PrimeTime..

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I don't have it (checked multiple times and held the key for like 5 seconds to make sure LOL).

The stock Nexus 7 keyboard does not expose numbers/symbols on long press. You have to manually press the "?123" button on the bottom left to switch to numbers/symbols and then press the "ABC" button again to switch back. Very annoying because every other keyboard I've ever used has this feature.

I just quickly googled it and it looks like google took it out on the Nexus 7 for some reason (https://plus.google.com/106855304824120284695/posts/BKDjRsb4Dqq)

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Sorry dude, that made me laugh. Maybe the 4.2.1/2 keyboard will have it since it's supposed to be a better keyboard than the 4.1.1, or of course, download a new one!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2