Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 220
Like Tree50Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)

    What improvements and features would you like in the future of android OS? What are most important improvement or features would you like?

    Personalization: (Most Important)

    -More stock Google Widgets
    IE Clock and Weather widget of there own
    IE Scrollable Current Widgets for separate feeds you follow
    IE Battery Widget

    -Change color scheme of stock OS
    I would like the option to change the black and blue scheme ICS/JB as well the color of stock keyboard.

    Features

    -Notifications (Most Important)
    I would like to be able to quickly reply or delete and email or message straight fom notification window from either lock or unlocked screen.
    A vibrate feature to remind me notifications when pick up my phone but also vibrate by itself every so often as a reminder. For example I have some type of notification and it will vibrate once or twice every minute for five minutes. Obviously I would like flexibility to change time and frequency of vibration as well which notifications I would allow to have this option.

    -Lockscreen
    The ability have widgets on my lock screen.
    The ability access the app drawer to have certain apps I choose to be access with out unlocking the phone.

    -Multitasking
    The ability to run more than one app at same time on screen.
    IE play Angry Birds on the left or right side of the screen and text on opposite side.
    IE watch video or browse the internet on top half or bottom half the screen and text on opposite screen

    Performance (Most Important)
    -Improved Speed
    -Improved Battery Life
    -Improved Sensitivity

    I am not expecting android to make all my wishes come true with next OS but hopefully after a few updates they will have have most of them.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 09-04-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  2. #2  

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    These are all good ideas. The multitasking idea you have is already on the note 10.1 so it may be for all devices in key lime pie. Only problem with this is that most phones have to small of a screen to make use of it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
    These are all good ideas. The multitasking idea you have is already on the note 10.1 so it may be for all devices in key lime pie. Only problem with this is that most phones have to small of a screen to make use of it.
    Some ideas I listed were not specific to either a tablet or smartphone but in general. I know some of ideas will only work on the tablet.

    The windows surface was first device I saw and multiple apps running simultaneously on the screen.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    Yes I know the windows surface has that type of multitasking but I referred to the note 10.1 because it is android and it is actually already out.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Gotcha

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  6. #6  

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    Multiple user accounts + Parental Control. JB has this feature so sure will get it.
    Backup/restore home screen. Option in settings-->backup and reset
    Sync Application data to Google drive and restore to any device.
    ideedi likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Multiple user accounts + Parental Control. JB has this feature so sure will get it.
    Backup/restore home screen. Option in settings-->backup and reset
    Sync Application data to Google drive and restore to any device.
    Like back up idea. I would like Google to restore and back up all user's media,messages, contacts, documents and apps.



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    svfd757 likes this.
  8. #8  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Like back up idea. I would like Google to restore and back up all user's media,messages, contacts, documents and apps.



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I think we're heading in that direction. Google is pushing the cloud and have been for some time, hence no external storage for the Nexus line. A more comprehensive or complete backup and sync is the next logical step imo.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    Make Chrome default browser - Some might not like it but the default browser is developed by google so why not set chrome default.

    App Features:

    Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Kill the app when closed"
    Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Dont start App automatically"

    Lock Screen Features:

    See Notification from lock screen(PIN,Pattern and Password) and make it an option in settings.

    Option in Lock settings to unlock when right password is typed rather than pressing OK

    Show widget lock before pin,pattern and password unlock option. that way you can go to camera app for other locks.

    Like OP mentions would like to have the ability to open certain app even from lock screen Combined with Lock screen widget Customization.

    Widgets in lockscreen

    Change backgroud color/Image in lock screen.

    Widgets:

    More Toggle support for the default Android Toggle with customization.

    Other features:

    Quite hours with wifi/data connection/Bluetooth/GPS on off
    Last edited by still1; 08-20-2012 at 01:02 AM.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Like back up idea. I would like Google to restore and back up all user's media,messages, contacts, documents and apps.



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Contacts and apps are already in cloud and can be backed up using Sync.
    Also should be an option in "backup and restore" to backup user's media,messages and other files.would love to see these backup in Google drive and manage it from there.
  11. #11  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I think we're heading in that direction. Google is pushing the cloud and have been for some time, hence no external storage for the Nexus line. A more comprehensive or complete backup and sync is the next logical step imo.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    How is us not taking the SD card out Google not wanting us to have SD cards if that was the case the sgs3 would be like that the non removable storage is unique in the nexus line only

    Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    How is us not taking the SD card out Google not wanting us to have SD cards if that was the case the sgs3 would be like that the non removable storage is unique in the nexus line only

    Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    I believe that's what I said. Google uses the Nexus line as reference devices. Part of that is no SDcard because of cloud storage (amongst other reasons).

    The GS3 is neither a Nexus device nor a straight Android device, taking little from Googles own reference phone. Thus, it has an external SDcard.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    I want video chat to be fully integrated into KLP like Facetime is with ios.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I think we're heading in that direction. Google is pushing the cloud and have been for some time, hence no external storage for the Nexus line. A more comprehensive or complete backup and sync is the next logical step imo.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Yep

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  15. #15  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I want to have the notifications be pull-able over full screen apps, like in iOS. The notification bar should vanish when I leave it and return with a simple gesture. Therefore I can easily see my notifications without having to press home and minimizing the app.

    Whaddaya think?

    Author of NoobTech:
    liljew likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    Quote Originally Posted by kritin kapoor View Post
    I want to have the notifications be pull-able over full screen apps, like in iOS. The notification bar should vanish when I leave it and return with a simple gesture. Therefore I can easily see my notifications without having to press home and minimizing the app.

    Whaddaya think?

    Author of NoobTech:
    isnt that how it works now??? I tried it in JB with a youtube video playing full screen. i was able to pull down the notification and as soon as i closed the notification the top bar disappeared.

    maybe its not in ics but dont know. the notification works from any apps too.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  17. #17  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    isnt that how it works now??? I tried it in JB with a youtube video playing full screen. i was able to pull down the notification and as soon as i closed the notification the top bar disappeared.

    maybe its not in ics but dont know. the notification works from any apps too.
    Wha...? It's already there? Omg!

    Author of NoobTech:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  18. #18  
    bipoler#AC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

    Default

    honestly....I'll settle for Splenda and zero calories

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    jebba likes this.
  19. #19  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default

    Multitasking and ram optimization. I want have a video going and continue to play while I answer texts and check Web pages and stuff. AT LEAST this across tabs in crome. Also be able to answer texts quickly without going completely to the texting app. So be able to answer a text while playing a game or video without leaving that screen/app.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    liljew and phillylois like this.
  20. #20  
    lkbig's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I don't understand why messanger and gtalk are not the same thing on mobile devices. Google, make it so in klp.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Central Forums
  21. #21  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    Quote Originally Posted by lkbig View Post
    I don't understand why messanger and gtalk are not the same thing on mobile devices. Google, make it so in klp.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Central Forums
    I agree. I hate messenger; I think talk is a bit cleaner, smoother, and more intuitive.
  22. #22  
    harhis23's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    Talking about setting Google Chrome as default browser, Google should make it more credible first. I honestly don't like when Chrome would just crash all of a sudden. But it might be great in terms of toggling support.

    I also agree on multitasking and RAM optimization. I think that's what many opt to get from their gadgets.
  23. #23  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Multitasking and ram optimization. I want have a video going and continue to play while I answer texts and check Web pages and stuff. AT LEAST this across tabs in crome. Also be able to answer texts quickly without going completely to the texting app. So be able to answer a text while playing a game or video without leaving that screen/app.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Try super video from the PS. It'll let ya run videos and web pages in windowed mode, so that you can text with it.

    Author of NoobTech:
  24. #24  
    ZachDasher's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    ROM
    Redemption Rom

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    use of touch/multitouch gestures, like web os...
    drewksparks likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

    would like them to have ability to add photos to gtalk.

    Better battery life of course.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B