Google's End of the Year Announcement

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
Ok so Google announces a device with a new platform at the end of every year. BUT, they just announced Jelly Bean, Nexus 7 and the Nexus Q. They've already pulled the Nexus Q and now there's talks about a redefined Galaxy Nexus.

WHAT IF!!!!

In November Google announces the Galaxy Nexus 2 and a new Nexus Q with an Android Interface. Since we jus got Jelly Bean Google might let the other OEMs catch up and let them upgrade their devices before it decides to release the next version.

Personally I think this would be an amazing move. Plus a Nexus Q that does more for the same price. I'm excited for this upcoming Holiday season. Of course everything I've mentioned is wishful thinking but still a Google Fan Boy can dream... :)

KidCuda

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I say even if Google were to delay the next OS release, manufacturers would be still not be able to deploy the latest updates how they should be able to.

I'm predicting that the Q will return/arrive between September and late October.

The (Android) Alliance is dead.

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
"I'm so excited they will be re-releasing the Galaxy Nexus with a mildly bumped processor (but still same last gen processor) and mildly improved cameras!"

Good for you. I'm not.

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
OR!!!

"We are proud to announce the Nexus Q. Now running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with it's new user interface. Run apps, play books, play movies, and play music all on any screen you'd like. You can now use your phone to control movement through the interface of the Q.
The Q now recognizes your device's UI layout and will copy the positioning of apps and widgets on your phone or tablet. YADY YADA YADA Q Does More!

AND!! We'll now be offering our Galaxy Nexus with more memory and a better camera running on Android 4.2. We will also be adding a Nexus 7 32GB variant to the Nexus family."

Personally I think the leading Nexus device will be The Nexus Q. They're gonna really make a push to make the Q something everyone will want and not just for Android enthusiasts. They might spec up the Nexus phone and tablet and make them better. Of course they won't be able to please everyone. I think with Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Nexus it's a big enough push that can hold this phone over till IO13 or next winter.

Keep in mind this is all "What If". What do you think Google will be announcing this October/November?

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I think there will be a new nexus. Even if its just a 4.2 upgrade. Its not googles issues what the other OEM's do. They have the means and the way to upgrade to jb. Google needs to keep moving and not worry about what these money hungry companies who just want to pump out as many phones as they can do. I will bet there will be a new nexus phone a nexus 10 tab and the nexus q with Google TV capabilities built it. I think Google knows who the nexus series is for and I doubt they will screw the most hard core of the android faithful

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
OR!!!

"We are proud to announce the Nexus Q. Now running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with it's new user interface. Run apps, play books, play movies, and play music all on any screen you'd like. You can now use your phone to control movement through the interface of the Q.
The Q now recognizes your device's UI layout and will copy the positioning of apps and widgets on your phone or tablet. YADY YADA YADA Q Does More!

AND!! We'll now be offering our Galaxy Nexus with more memory and a better camera running on Android 4.2. We will also be adding a Nexus 7 32GB variant to the Nexus family."

Personally I think the leading Nexus device will be The Nexus Q. They're gonna really make a push to make the Q something everyone will want and not just for Android enthusiasts. They might spec up the Nexus phone and tablet and make them better. Of course they won't be able to please everyone. I think with Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Nexus it's a big enough push that can hold this phone over till IO13 or next winter.

Keep in mind this is all "What If". What do you think Google will be announcing this October/November?

Why in the world would I be excited if Google re-released a year old phone? No, the GN cannot hold over until winter of 2013. It would be pathetically pathetic by that point. Google needs to release a new Nexus phone this winter. Period.

I'm off to WP8 for sure if Google wants to re-release an already old phone, that would be enough to convince me they aren't interested in pushing phones forward.

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I just can sew Google doing that. The nexus is targeted to devs and hard cores who want top specs why blow off the most faithful

geekgirl717

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
What I would like to see is a Nexus 7 with the option of a Google-managed 3 or 4G network connection.

Love my little Nexus, but taking it on the road would be a p.i.t.a. for us, particularly since we don't have cell tethering (don't need it for work, etc.).

Edit to add Google-managed up there. :)

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I just can sew Google doing that. The nexus is targeted to devs and hard cores who want top specs why blow off the most faithful

You just answered your own question. Top specs..

There is NO WAY that the current Nexus will be able to last until next winter. Its dated tech already. Why would people still want to buy it a year from now?

Google is making a push to make android more exposed to the average consumer. Take the Nexus 7 for example, they are in stores almost everywhere and were starting to see commercials left and right.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd be pissed as hell.

It would prove lazy and uninspired to warm over the same phone. This isn't Apple.

I would not be so harsh but I understand your point. If the Galaxy Nexus 2 pushed out same bench markets or better than top dual-core android phones then I will hold my judgement up until actually get my hands on the device. I more disappoint in fact if they going with Samsung and again why not just stick with them and push the nexus to next level exclusively with Samsung. I understand this goes against Google's philosophy with nexus but at this point I am kind tired how the nexus is being rolled out every year.

What I would be even more disappointed is not have multiple nexus smartphones this and idea I like because every fan boy gets there nexus but is it feasible or even practical. Regardless I would like to see Google try it. All know next smartphone get will be Nexus and going keep it for long hall and not follow what Google doing with future of Nexus line. I tired of just no structure imo to Nexus line. I believe Google see Nexus line as side project still they are just playing with whole bunch ideas and not ready to specifically lay go what it is for the company. This could be they still quite sure where they want go with the Nexus line.

I say even if Google were to delay the next OS release, manufacturers would be still not be able to deploy the latest updates how they should be able to.

I'm predicting that the Q will return/arrive between September and late October.

The (Android) Alliance is dead.

To be honest I getting tired of the other manufacturers and rather have Google go on with out them. Google gave them the pdk and if manufacturers do not want to make it priority to keep which I understand it's not a simple task but I believe manufacturers could keep update from now on with pdk if they were more concern about android then their ui. Can't these manufacturers just to make changes to there software to go at the beat of Google? Ultimately what trying say Google did their part and should just focus on Nexus not worry about their partners because they are obviously not worried about them.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

There is NO WAY that the current Nexus will be able to last until next winter. Its dated tech already. Why would people still want to buy it a year from now?

Google is making a push to make android more exposed to the average consumer. Take the Nexus 7 for example, they are in stores almost everywhere and were starting to see commercials left and right.

..yet the iPhone 3GS from 2009 just died recently.

As a new Nexus phone is released, I hope that Google keeps the Galaxy Nexus available in the Play Store at a much lower price. A Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean at the end of 2012 is still no slouch.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

The current Nexus might be dated tech in specs but in terms of performance it's still very good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn