Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ab304945
  • 1 Post By sirheck
  • 3 Post By GMJeff
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apple Wins: Is This The End Of The Note 2 ?

Well.. now what? if the Judge drops an injunction on Samsung products, will this force Samsung to yank the Galaxy Note 2 off the shelves ( To be Modified to meet Apple's approval..) before they even hit U.S. shores ?
    Last edited by RaiderWill; 08-25-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

I don't think it'll affect their newer stuff. They've been a lot more deliberate in differentiating their stuff from Apple as of late.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Product bans usually only apply to products where the other side applied to have rhat specific product banned, in other words, apple is likely to file a separate case in an attempt to get the Note 2 banned.

Sent from my ST25i using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Apple Wins: Is This The End Of The Note 2 ?

The Note 2 being released on VZW is starting to not look so good.

U can't ban something that hasn't even been announced yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    MERCDROIDRy 
    Ry likes this.

This is the new redesigned Note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple Wins: Is This The End Of The Note 2 ?-uploadfromtaptalk1346002182792.jpg  
    The only thing future proof in electronics is the electricity itself.

dmmarck "I love wiping myself!"
    RaiderWill likes this.

I wonder if Google will snap back with the notification shutter. Apple style that from Android...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

To the OP. Apple will not get the Note 2 pulled off shelves, much less delayed as i am sure samsung is in the lab changing everything that apparently copied apple's outdated iOS.

Besides, the injunction was for older devices like the original tab 10.1 and some of their handsets. At one point in the one sided trial, apple tried to include the original note and was rejected because the courts said it did not fall into the specifications of the complaint that apple filed. So at least that requesr was thrown out.

Samsung now has to pay out for what the jury feels were damages to apple's income stream due to "copying" of their art (icons) that made the samsung devices in question resemble the iphone/ipad/ipod touch.

This case was just out of spite in my opinion, as a company worth $640 Billion dollars needs one more Billion in the bank. As someone mentioned in another post i read, this was to be Jobs' legacy, to try and kill samsung and android until all that was left was apple as the largest and most powerful company in the tech marketplace.

As for now, i don't believe apple is going to sue again as samsung is now making their products vary from apple's designs. Samsung is also shelving Bada, their other OS (Linux based, if i recall), so maybe they are going to include some of the looks in their new touchwiz and make apple somewhat happy once and for all.

Oh yeah, and apple, hope the hardware you get from everyone else is as good as samsung's, which allowed you to run your aging OS efficiently. Maybe our new Samsung android devices will come to market with more built in memory as apple won't be hogging it all from samsung now.

Sorry, a little rant there at the end, as i am just so totally frustrated at apple's goliath attitude toward other tech companies. Who will be our David and slay this evil creature?

Just remember where apple stood in 1984.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

Because these lawsuits take so long, tons of time has passed in the development of technology. In fact, I'm sure Samsung took this lawsuit into consideration when coming out with the S3 and current phones/tablets. I'm sure the Note 2 will be of this same design language, and therefore too far removed from the lawsuit to have any sort of hiccup related to this.
    mellojoe
    the one, the only
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by mellojoe View Post
    Because these lawsuits take so long, tons of time has passed in the development of technology. In fact, I'm sure Samsung took this lawsuit into consideration when coming out with the S3 and current phones/tablets. I'm sure the Note 2 will be of this same design language, and therefore too far removed from the lawsuit to have any sort of hiccup related to this.
    Hello Mellojoe..

Really?

Read today's headlines....?

Glad I got my Note *1* back in early July..

The Note 2 looks somewhat shaky at this point...

Apple means to bring the House of Samsung down.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Exclamation Re: Apple Wins: Is This The End Of The Note 2 ?

O.M.G..

The Note 2 may not even make it to U.S. shores in its current form if the Long Arm of Apple has it's way and gets their injunction.....

An American Powerhouse Company in American Courts with a Billion Dollar Win already under their belts...... Now also looking to SHUTDOWN our Flagship Phone the S3

Samsung as we know it looks on the verge of falling from grace swifty on U.S. soil..

Wow.

Last edited by RaiderWill; 09-04-2012 at 09:23 PM.

RaiderWill: Negativism is a fail.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbirdhill View Post
    RaiderWill: Negativism is a fail.
    I call a ONE BILLION DOLLAR SETTLEMENT WIN awarded to Apple from the courthouse right down the road from where you do business against a Company located on foreign soil
    quite the coo.....

Fail? Not!

Injunctions on the S3 and G-Note 2 to follow.

Now you know why I was try to explain to you why you better get your G-Note 1 before they dissapear as well...

Apple is about to put their Foot on Samsung's Throat.

Last edited by RaiderWill; 09-04-2012 at 09:23 PM.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    To the OP. Apple will not get the Note 2 pulled off shelves, much less delayed as i am sure samsung is in the lab changing everything that apparently copied apple's outdated iOS.

Besides, the injunction was for older devices like the original tab 10.1 and some of their handsets. At one point in the one sided trial, apple tried to include the original note and was rejected

i read, this was to be Jobs' legacy, to try and kill samsung and android until all that was left was apple as the largest and most powerful company in the tech marketplace.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Oh Jevang... If only your words held true...

Me thinks Mr. Jobs is about to get his wish...

Sad times are ahead for Samsung.. To have to bow down to Apple's bidding..

There will be no Note 2 ( and maybe Note 1 ) without major changes to them..

Wow.

I never imagined Apple had this much power.. I really am stunned.

Last edited by RaiderWill; 09-04-2012 at 09:24 PM.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by sirheck View Post
    This is the new redesigned Note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Excellent Sirheck....

How right you are.. Apple controls the show now..

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

Well, it looks like Apple has added the Note1 to its lawsuit. They have specifically called out the Note1 and the S3. This does not bode well for the American market at all.
    mellojoe
    the one, the only

Well, it looks like Apple has added the Note1 to its lawsuit. They have specifically called out the Note1 and the S3. This does not bode well for the American market at all.
    Think positive for the Note II! And for the USA market!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Your 100% correct MelloJoe.

Apple is going for Samsung's Throat.

If the "Home Button Theft" charge holds Samsung will be forced to redesign the S3 & Note2.
    Unless the Courts allow *Compensation* in the amount of what "A Gazillion" Dollars to Apple for the *Right* to continue to use a design they stole from Apple..

I am sure Samsung could simply Delay the Release of the Note 2 and Re-Design it.. Like Motorola did with the Bionic back in 2011.. Those that still want it, will simply have to wait until early 2013 to buy it..

But what about the S3? 10 MILLION and counting sold.. Samsung will have to pay Apple another small fortune for Patent Infringment on 10 Million Plus phones..

Do you have any idea what resolving these 2 issues alone would do to Samsung should a San Jose Ca. Judge presiding over this Trial in San Jose Ca. Between the Biggest Company in the San Jose Ca Area and a company from a foreign land should Apple Win.. Again?

They would truely have Samsung by the Throat.

And the new IPhone 5 on the streets..
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    Your 100% correct MelloJoe.

Apple is going for Samsung's Throat.

If the "Home Button Theft" charge holds Samsung will be forced to redesign the S3 & Note2.
    Unless the Courts allow *Compensation* in the amount of what "A Gazillion" Dollars to Apple for the *Right* to continue to use a design they stole from Apple..
    I hope you can comprehend that it's more than "home button theft".

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    I am sure Samsung could simply Delay the Release of the Note 2 and Re-Design it.. Like Motorola did with the Bionic back in 2011.. Those that still want it, will simply have to wait until early 2013 to buy it..
    But the Bionic wasn't delayed because of any potential patent infringement. It was more likely a Tegra + LTE issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I hope you can comprehend that it's more than "home button theft".

But the Bionic wasn't delayed because of any potential patent infringement. It was more likely a Tegra + LTE issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Hey Ry.. No you are 100% correct... I just meant that they may have to delay the Note 2's release.. ( For differnt reasons..sorry I was not more specific but I assumed everyone in the know, knew the jist of my analogy ) just like Moto did due major battery drain with Verizon's LTE 4G.