Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    A month or so after the announcement, yes, but no other device got it before it--thus, ICS was "launched" with the GN. Semantics, perhaps, but an apt point nonetheless.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...nt-future.html
    New thread I created focus on concept of the Nexus not the device but the meaning.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The new OS has always been the differentiator when Google and whoever their hardware partner is launches the lead device.

I expect the next Nexus phone to launch with the "K" version of Android which will probably be a small update (4.3?).
    That said, Google seems to be shifting what the Nexus brand means so it wouldn't shick me if the next Nexus phone shipped with Jelly Bean.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...nt-future.html

I felt the same for the longest but starting question the concept of nexus and found it never changed by Google just the people add things to the concept. By people I mean even me I took some Tim to looks over the concept of nexus and have made a new thread.

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: A Nexus vs Multiple Nexuses

A Nexus vs Multiple Nexuses-uploadfromtaptalk1350837841293.jpg

Nexus 10
    Nexus 7 3G HSPA+
    Nexus 7 32GB
    Nexus 7 16GB
    Nexus 4
    This is great stand Google will be making on the 29th I can't help but have little content for Google. Will they follow up on all theses devices next year?
    Solve
    Answer
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350837841293.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	42364

Nexus 10
    Nexus 7 3G HSPA+
    Nexus 7 32GB
    Nexus 7 16GB
    Nexus 4
    This is great stand Google will be making on the 29th I can't help but have little content for Google. Will they follow up on all theses devices next year?
    So it looks like several tablets and one phone.....yawn
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    So it looks like several tablets and one phone.....yawn
    Compare to the five smartphone nexus being launched with the obscured idea of the "Nexus Certification" yes this practical approach the Nexus lawn one could scoff at. However lets break this down and compare this line products to there competitors,

Apple
    10in Tablets
    New iPad ($500-829)
    iPad 2 ($400-529)
    FYI starting prices for the Ipads are Wifi only models with 16 or 32 GB storages.
    7in Tablet
    Ipad Mini ($329 starting 16GB WIFI Only)
    This not official from Apple but do you really expect anything less.
    Phone
    Iphone 5($200)

Amazon
    10inch Tablets(8.9 close enough)
    Kindle Fire HD ($300-$600)
    Same Dual-Core with bigger screen but a $100 dollar mark up
    7in Tablets
    Kindle Fire HD ($200-$250)
    Dual-Core no 3G or 4G model yet
    Phone
    What phone?

Google
    10inch Tablet
    Nexus 10 ($300-400)
    Wife Only Model 16GB
    Nexus 7 ($200-$400)
    This price range covers 16GB,32GB and 3G HSPA+ Model
    Nexus 4($200-$450)
    This price range covers Unlocked/Carrier 8GB + 16GB Models

Most above is not official but what should be clear from what is official Google has position themselves like this: Google Nexus 10 and 7 tablets will have step above specs then their Amazon Competitor and be marginal increase in cost. Now compared to Apple which will have more industrial polish but compared specs with Google will be same or not significantly better however with Apple you will pay the highest for there products. Google will have be $100 to almost $300 cheaper then Apple in same product categories.

Google will be placing themselves nicely in between Apple and Amazon showing the masses there new option and that Google will offer what those companies have at better value.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12