Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    "First, Google is putting a lot of faith and trust into its partners. As Wimberly states, there are very strict standards that will shape the making of the devices themselves. But naming and branding? It seems Google has learned little from the Galaxy Nexus snafu. I had hoped the Nexus 7 and Nexus Q were a tell-tale that Google was putting its foot down and focusing on branding.
    Unfortunately, it seems Google is giving its partners entirely too much freedom with branding. LG Optimus Nexus G makes me shudder. It's painful. As will be the Galaxy Nexus II and most other names, I'm sure. [/B]For starters, this is going to convolute the Nexus brand, make it confusing for consumers. And Nexus may go down the same dark path EVO and DROID have gone down over the years – Nexus may eventually become just a technical term, not a symbol for a "pure Google experience" or superior products.[B]
    And that gets me to my next point. Nexus, for all intents and purposes, is a brand for pure Android products, the purest of pure mobile Google experience. Yet Google is going to allow custom skins, even if only as an option? How is that any more acceptable than the carrier bloatware on the Galaxy Nexus for Verizon?
    It appears as if Google is pushing Nexus towards the mainstream, towards consumers who may not be quite as tech savvy as those modders and hackers out there, which is fine. I commend Google for their efforts. But it seems it may be placing too many liberties in the hands of partners, who may ultimately try to send the Nexus brand under in favor of their own brands. (I'm still not convinced the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus weren't Samsung's way of telling Google they will never put as much effort and finesse into a Google device as its own Galaxy brand.)"

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums


    Great article to read at phone dog that brings up a lot questions. What stands out most from the article is what I put in bold up above which mentions nexus straying from its roots. Which I have to agree this is not way I wanted Google to go releasing multiple Nexus devices. I do feel article assess Google relationship with its OEM partners very. Google I feel Google by mistake allow Nexus line be drag down by OEM while OEM's name gain recognition. October 29th can't come any sooner.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  2. #27  
    Nexuslover27's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Jellybean

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    First, I think there's an extra criteria that would classify a device as a 'Nexus' - it is a device which Google also sells directly. That's something which other devices do not have, even if they may run pure, unadulterated Android.

    Second, I agree with the fact that allowing Sense or Touchwiz on a Nexus phone is not ideal, but if the choice lies in the hands of the consumer, I'm all for it. Android is all about choice!

    And finally, if Google is looking to take the Nexus mainstream, it makes sense. I ran into an iPhone user the other day who thought Nexus devices run Windows Phone. Can you believe that?! There are others who don't recognize the device by looking at it. This is supposed to be Google's 'flagship' device (sorry, I know the AC guys don't like the term)!! If more devices means more visibility, then so be it. But they have to get it right. Choice is important, but so is consistency. If they have multiple Nexii, there should be no difference in features,update timelines etc.

    Great post. I love discussions like these!
  3. #28  
    tony bag o donuts's Avatar
    Resident Ringtone Maker

    Posts
    3,902 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    With the nexus line, personally I feel that updates should be pushed out to all devices just how apple handles it.
    Too many flavors of android floating around and they need to have one flagship device available to all carriers all updated the same time.

    OT why is the rezound 199.99 and the razr 99.99 but the nexus is 49.99 at verizon?
  4. #29  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    With the nexus line, personally I feel that updates should be pushed out to all devices just how apple handles it.
    Too many flavors of android floating around and they need to have one flagship device available to all carriers all updated the same time.

    OT why is the rezound 199.99 and the razr 99.99 but the nexus is 49.99 at verizon?
    To be honest, they probably just want to get rid of the inventory.

    As far as the Rezound, I don't think I've ever actually seen one in the wild. But that being said, I've only seen a few Nexii in the wild too.
  5. #30  
    Nev
    Nev is offline
    Nev's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1, Stock 4.0.4

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    When it comes down to it, I believe we all have our own idea of what a Nexus device should be. I'm a Verizon customer (don't judge) and I waited and waited for a Nexus device. I finally got my hands on one after 3 other very nice devices. I will continue using it and enjoying it. I know that some folks think that the Nexus release on Verizon was a tragedy...maybe their right, maybe not...but I adore my device. Sure the updates take a little longer to get pushed out, but my overall experience with it has been nothing short of great. I hacked all of my other devices so I could have pure Android...now I don't have to. I've watched this OS mature and change over the last 4 years and I love the work they're doing...at Google and on the developer side. Great minds making great things. It's how it should be!

    Just my $.02
    N
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    "Is there a rule for a Nexus device on the Verizon network? I love that I am still rocking Ice Cream sandwich....should I switch to T Mobile? Very tempted!!!!"


    I did. I bought the VZW GNex on day 1. Changed to T-Mo in August.

    Yes, its a weaker network then Verizon, I spend most of my time in Wifi spaces at work or home, I have yet to have any real problem being on a less robust network and its sooooooo much more affordable.

    The GSM version has a less blue-ish cast to the screen then the VZW version and it feels faster. Verizon spoils the Nexus experience forcing people who won't/can't root & rom to wait for the updates like any other phone. After all that too, when JB was released in June Google I/O and a Toro version of JB hit the web a few hours later as a ROM, I loaded it and aside from terrible battery life it worked fine. I tweaked and played around with some kernels and tried some different JB ROMs but very few people will do what I did.

    In any case, a GSM Nexus is great, Google spanks Siri every time, Maps works great & I for one am not looking back.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexuslover27 View Post
    Second, I agree with the fact that allowing Sense or Touchwiz on a Nexus phone is not ideal, but if the choice lies in the hands of the consumer, I'm all for it. Android is all about choice!

    And finally, if Google is looking to take the Nexus mainstream, it makes sense. I ran into an iPhone user the other day who thought Nexus devices run Windows Phone. Can you believe that?! There are others who don't recognize the device by looking at it. This is supposed to be Google's 'flagship' device (sorry, I know the AC guys don't like the term)!! If more devices means more visibility, then so be it. But they have to get it right. Choice is important, but so is consistency. If they have multiple Nexii, there should be no difference in features,update timelines etc.

    Great post. I love discussions like these!
    Thanks, I like discussing about the concept of andoid because I find the discussion or debate interesting.

    I agree with your statement about "choice" but the concept of Nexus is a special case. The Nexus concept is still much an evolving and changing idea that no one can clearly define.

    Yes I can believe people still don't recognise the "nexus" brand because Google has not pushed the Nexus line to gain mainstream reputation. The nexus brand doesn't get enough exposure and I will leave it at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    When it comes down to it, I believe we all have our own idea of what a Nexus device should be. I'm a Verizon customer (don't judge) and I waited and waited for a Nexus device. I finally got my hands on one after 3 other very nice devices. I will continue using it and enjoying it. I know that some folks think that the Nexus release on Verizon was a tragedy...maybe their right, maybe not...but I adore my device. Sure the updates take a little longer to get pushed out, but my overall experience with it has been nothing short of great. I hacked all of my other devices so I could have pure Android...now I don't have to. I've watched this OS mature and change over the last 4 years and I love the work they're doing...at Google and on the developer side. Great minds making great things. It's how it should be!

    Just my $.02
    N
    I agree and admit to myself we all have strong opinion on he nexus concept but honestly we know very little. We look to part history of nexus line to define the he nexus concept which defines very little he nexus concept. The nexus concept can be whatever Google wants it to be. I just want the Nexus brand to be successful and strive. The end idea for Google Nexus line how they get there is up to debate but for now I hope they push forward and gain sucess with each Nexus device they come out with.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  8. #33  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    When it comes down to it, I believe we all have our own idea of what a Nexus device should be. I'm a Verizon customer (don't judge) and I waited and waited for a Nexus device. I finally got my hands on one after 3 other very nice devices. I will continue using it and enjoying it. I know that some folks think that the Nexus release on Verizon was a tragedy...maybe their right, maybe not...but I adore my device. Sure the updates take a little longer to get pushed out, but my overall experience with it has been nothing short of great. I hacked all of my other devices so I could have pure Android...now I don't have to. I've watched this OS mature and change over the last 4 years and I love the work they're doing...at Google and on the developer side. Great minds making great things. It's how it should be!

    Just my $.02
    N
    When it comes down to it, a true Nexus is whatever Google says a Nexus is.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    IF that Phonedog article is true, then it's a sad day for the Nexus line. The software updates become the manufacturer's responsibility. We already have real world experience on the GSM Galaxy Nexus that that model doesn't work. How many of the non TAKJU/YAKJU phones are still on 4.0? And how long did it take them to get to 4.1 (compared to the Google controlled image)? At least the GN phone worked with Google's stock images, so getting your phone onto the Google Play version was possible.

    But if Google does go the route of the Nexus program being a model option a manufacturer could choose to do, but with stricter guidelines on the software, this is not a win IMO. Now, what if Google still controls the software and updates on multiple models/manufacturer phones? Now that would be the best of both worlds....you bulid the phone but we push the software.

    Not a fan of the branding, if true, but that's really a "oh, whatever" type issue.

    So, of course a Nexus is whatever Google says it is. But after 3 generations of Nexus phones that had software support directly from Google, you get spoiled!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future



    New Nexus Program

    Rumor: As previously reported, any manufacturer can produce a Nexus device or a Nexus version of an existing device. They work closely with Google on the hardware and driver details (there is a more efficient solution for this in 5.0), but Google is responsible for the updates (don’t know how the carriers factor in). The phones don’t necessarily have to have “Nexus” as part of their name, it works more like a certificate like “HD Ready”.

    The devices have to fulfill some basic requirements. The phone has to ship with a stock version of Android, it needs to have the hardware power to run all “Nexus Games”, and they have to support Google Wallet, aka have NFC.

    There are two carrots on a stick that probably make the Nexus brand a huge selling point. Google Play gets expanded with a media streaming service component and there will be games that only work on Nexus devices. The streaming service uses the secure memory, making it harder to pirate the content. No word of the type or source of the media, but it seems to be a big deal.

    Speculation: This info is all over the map, but it lines up with previous reports. It sounds like Google is going to encourage manufacturers to join their Nexus program, but it will be optional. If manufacturers meet a list of requirements, then they can become Nexus certified and gain access to new services and features.

    It almost sounds like the list of requirements that Google currently places on OEMs in order for them to gain access to Google services like the Play store. This will now create a second tier certification program that manufactures have the choice of participating in. OEMs can offer a device that meets the basic requirements and gain access to the Google Play store, and if they include additional elements they get access to the Nexus certification.

    New Customization Center

    Rumor: There is a new Customization Center, where you can change ringtones, language packs, background, launchers, and so on. There is nothing too sophisticated (for now). The center is mainly a convenient way to enable the average customer to do some basic customizations. The range of options can be expanded via Google Play of course. However, there are two new features: templates that change the appearance of all (newly introduced) dynamic icons at once, and post filters that change the appearance of the whole UI – think of Instagram.

    The manufacturers may provide their custom UI through the Customization Center, but they don’t have to. When Google upgrades Android and a manufacturer fails to provide a compatible version of their custom UI the device reverts simply to the stock UI (or the user waits with the upgrade until the manufacturer catches up).

    Speculation: This sounds like a dream come true. Google may have finally provided a solution to the manufactures that allows consumers to update the base Android operating system, without having to wait on the OEMs to update their skins.

    ^Above is a piece from the article from AndroidandMe.com^

    What are people's thoughts on the Nexus Certified Progam and the Custimazation Center?

    What strikes odd about these two features how they going market this idea to the mainateam? Specifically how I'll they market stock android with the option to with the OEM ui or vice versa?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post


    New Nexus Program

    Rumor: As previously reported, any manufacturer can produce a Nexus device or a Nexus version of an existing device. They work closely with Google on the hardware and driver details (there is a more efficient solution for this in 5.0), but Google is responsible for the updates (don’t know how the carriers factor in). The phones don’t necessarily have to have “Nexus” as part of their name, it works more like a certificate like “HD Ready”.

    The devices have to fulfill some basic requirements. The phone has to ship with a stock version of Android, it needs to have the hardware power to run all “Nexus Games”, and they have to support Google Wallet, aka have NFC.

    There are two carrots on a stick that probably make the Nexus brand a huge selling point. Google Play gets expanded with a media streaming service component and there will be games that only work on Nexus devices. The streaming service uses the secure memory, making it harder to pirate the content. No word of the type or source of the media, but it seems to be a big deal.

    Speculation: This info is all over the map, but it lines up with previous reports. It sounds like Google is going to encourage manufacturers to join their Nexus program, but it will be optional. If manufacturers meet a list of requirements, then they can become Nexus certified and gain access to new services and features.

    It almost sounds like the list of requirements that Google currently places on OEMs in order for them to gain access to Google services like the Play store. This will now create a second tier certification program that manufactures have the choice of participating in. OEMs can offer a device that meets the basic requirements and gain access to the Google Play store, and if they include additional elements they get access to the Nexus certification.

    New Customization Center

    Rumor: There is a new Customization Center, where you can change ringtones, language packs, background, launchers, and so on. There is nothing too sophisticated (for now). The center is mainly a convenient way to enable the average customer to do some basic customizations. The range of options can be expanded via Google Play of course. However, there are two new features: templates that change the appearance of all (newly introduced) dynamic icons at once, and post filters that change the appearance of the whole UI – think of Instagram.

    The manufacturers may provide their custom UI through the Customization Center, but they don’t have to. When Google upgrades Android and a manufacturer fails to provide a compatible version of their custom UI the device reverts simply to the stock UI (or the user waits with the upgrade until the manufacturer catches up).

    Speculation: This sounds like a dream come true. Google may have finally provided a solution to the manufactures that allows consumers to update the base Android operating system, without having to wait on the OEMs to update their skins.

    ^Above is a piece from the article from AndroidandMe.com^

    What are people's thoughts on the Nexus Certified Progam and the Custimazation Center?

    What strikes odd about these two features how they going market this idea to the mainateam? Specifically how I'll they market stock android with the option to with the OEM ui or vice versa?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Update


    I am disappointed that some these features might not see the light of day right now. I am not disappointed if the "Nexus Certified" is a false rumor. The nexus certified was idea I could not fully image the apeal to mainstream nor establish the concept of Nexus. Then even worse seem blur the distinction between what Nexus is by Googles' term. The idea also frustrated me with Google's lack control over nexus program with there OEM partners.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Nexus Smartphones
    HTC Nexus One
    Samsung Nexus S
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    LG Nexus 4

    Who's next or rather who's left?
    We have Asus, Sony, and Motorola has far OEM Google had bout used to make a Nexus Smartphone.

    Will the guessing game come to end?


    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    I think the whole Nexus idea is a work in progress and continually evolving....maybe one day it will be better defined by Google. I would still like to see the Nexus device promoted every year (around the same time) with a Google event. I would like it to be a top spec phone that takes on the current year iphone as well as a trend setter for future Android devices to follow and beat (until the next Nexus comes out). I would like to see it on several carriers and made by different manufacturers to give people who like smaller screens and bigger screens more options. This is my hope with the brand.
    Thanked by:
    bunique4life05 likes this.
  14. #39  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,030 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Google won't ever "define" What the nexus project is/means. They would not limit themselves like that in an industry that changes every month. It will continue to evolve as they see fit without something as trivial as a public definition.

    I too want a couple of devices on all carriers and for it to set the trends with its eye on showcasing its advantages over the iphone of that year

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    For me I am looking to buy nexus smartphone that I will keep for long time because with Google sure next nexus will be what you want.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    I would like it to be a top spec phone that takes on the current year iphone as well as a trend setter for future Android devices to follow and beat (until the next Nexus comes out). I would like to see it on several carriers and made by different manufacturers to give people who like smaller screens and bigger screens more options. This is my hope with the brand.
    I agree completily with this idea and wish the same for Google. The nexus line products need have for set design and future devices should follow same design. We see a glimpse of this with GN and LG Nexus 4 looking some what similar. Unfortunatily they missed the key design Que that made the GN special the curved display. If this LG Nexus 4 comes in white with 16GB storage and feels good in hands I will buy. After buy the N4 I will try to hold on to it as long as I can however what you might like in one nexus this year might not have at all what you like in next nexus. That is why sort of growing tired with Google with the Nexus Concept. I wished they came out with multiple nexus smartphones this year so everyone could have more options rather than waiting next year for their preferred major OEM to make a Nexus.



    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Google dropped the ball on this fast break going with LG as their manufacturer. It seems like the big G is playing duck duck goose in selecting who to properly develop the Nexus. LG IMO wont do it justice. Months ago when the rumors started of LG and Nexus teaming up people werent interested in a LG Nexus. Now the band wagon fans are starting to surface.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S4 ATT

    Galaxy S3 VZW

    Xoom LTE VZW

    Nexus 7 2012

    Nexus 7 2013
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Google won't ever "define" What the nexus project is/means. They would not limit themselves like that in an industry that changes every month. It will continue to evolve as they see fit without something as trivial as a public definition.

    I too want a couple of devices on all carriers and for it to set the trends with its eye on showcasing its advantages over the iphone of that year

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I don't work for Google so I don't want to say what they will and will not ever do but this is just my hope. IMO they can still define the Nexus project without limiting themselves.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 (3G or 32GB or $100) all unveiled on 29th regardless of oem makes one important statement which is "Nexus is here". Google needs push the name out and this seek most realitic way they may doing.

    Nexus 10 (High end tablet between $300-$500)
    Nexus 7 (Powerfully budget tablet ($100-$300)
    Nexus 4 (Good flagship competitor ($200-$300)



    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 (3G or 32GB or $100) all unveiled on 29th regardless of oem makes one important statement which is "Nexus is here". Google needs push the name out and this seek most realitic way they may doing.

    Nexus 10 (High end tablet between $300-$500)
    Nexus 7 (Powerfully budget tablet ($100-$300)
    Nexus 4 (Good flagship competitor ($200-$300)



    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Do those 3 make it the 5 Nexus devices for this year like was originally said or are there still 2 more on top of that?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    Do those 3 make it the 5 Nexus devices for this year like was originally said or are there still 2 more on top of that?
    Who really knows because that five nexus rumor was unclear from he start. The rumor was thought to be 4 to five nexus phones coming in fall them change to just being nexus devices. Right now for fall we could LG N4, N7(32GB and 3G models if thoughs count as the five), and the Nexus 10 makes five. Then the five nexus devices turn into the multiple nexus devices but we still have journalists claiming the multiple nexus phone rumor. Let's just see what happen in next week or so and see what other nexus rumors get leaked.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Futur



    2012
    Nexus 10
    Nexus 7 3G HSPA+
    Nexus 7 32GB
    Nexus 7 16GB
    Nexus 4

    2013
    Nexus 10 TWO
    Nexus 7 3G HSPA+ TWO
    Nexus 7 32GB TWO
    Nexus 7 16GB TWO
    Nexus 5

    Is this future of Nexus Program multiple Nexus tablets for the year as well continuing to make one nexus smartphone a year?

    I extremely hope this what Google will be doing from now on they need a consistent line product types to follow up every year. This will gain the Nexus line the mainstream appeal it needs and turn small group of Nexus followers into massive group. Nexus have stardom that Apple and Samsung have if push for this consistent in there product line.

    If Google does not industrialize and stream there Nexus Program and Concept they will never appeal to masses. The masses appeal to products that have line of improved products that share the same trademark name.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 10-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future

    Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future-uploadfromtaptalk1351556183442.jpg
    Nexus Concept of the Past, Present, and Future-uploadfromtaptalk1351556360342.jpg
    Google has answered what previous rumor of multiple nexus devices which is single nexus smartphone and two nexus tablets in different sizes. This is only way out few Google could have gone with the multiple nexus idea and I do not want to debate on that particular idea. My question is this is president that they have set for now it seems annual nexus smartphones bit what about this years new tablets that have add this year?


    Will we see in 2013 a:
    Nexus 6
    Nexus 7 TWO
    Nexus 10 TWO

    They must build a lineaged with these devices to gain mass appeal. If they decided to skip a year as far tablets go this will only hurt their strive to build nexus name. Even worse if they decide to come out with multiple nexus smartphones next year this undo president they have made this year. Theses inconsistencies will give nexus idea no familiarity which to the masses will have no appeal to product you don't they make another one next year.

    I seriously hope we see sequels to current nexus line and Google does not have to use the same OEM. Google just keep the design cues of Nexus line and trademark name into the development of Nexus generation of products.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

B