When, where, and how will Google strike next?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
With leaked device and a plethora of mobile events announced and more future to come before the year is over begs the question when will Google strike?

Let's leave a side what product or software Google would announced but focus on the announcement. Many mobile events have passed so far and Google has not tag along with anyone to make an announcement of their own. Google I/O has gone and passed and any oem manufacture partner are having their own events. This leave me to believe Google will stepping out on there own if they having to announce by the end year. October and November have been the months foe Google announcements for the last couple of years. Since the release os N7 Google I/O does change the small glimpse of pattern of announcements by Google.

If Google does not make any announcements at the end of year. Will it be until next Google I/O before we hear something official from Google?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm going say they continue what they've been doing and announce something in the fall. Though I wouldn't be mad if they made some announcements tomorrow!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm going say they continue what they've been doing and announce something in the fall. Though I wouldn't be mad if they made some announcements tomorrow!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The silence, and as well having no established pattern of announcements from Google leaves one just wildly guessing and speculating what company will do next. I am especially glued to there next announcement because if it is in the fall then it would put my mind at easy that we can expect from Google to do two announcements a year. One announcement will be at Google I/0 in the summer and another in fall. The problem with fall announcement is there no clue this year if or where the announcement will be at.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
With leaked device and a plethora of mobile events announced and more future to come before the year is over begs the question when will Google strike?

Let's leave a side what product or software Google would announced but focus on the announcement. Many mobile events have passed so far and Google has not tag along with anyone to make an announcement of their own. Google I/O has gone and passed and any oem manufacture partner are having their own events. This leave me to believe Google will stepping out on there own if they having to announce by the end year. October and November have been the months foe Google announcements for the last couple of years. Since the release os N7 Google I/O does change the small glimpse of pattern of announcements by Google.

If Google does not make any announcements at the end of year. Will it be until next Google I/O before we hear something official from Google?

I'm waiting for a new Nexus phone announcement. I hope they do this one so amazing that it is a phone people can't resist. The Nexus 7 proved that Google can be smart, innovative a consumer minded. The new Nexus phone with take Android to the next level and win over many more converts from iOS. Apple is not just battling Google it is the constant flow of android devices that are released almost monthly.

Choice is good.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Motorola/Intel have an event next week as well HTC that finish off September for mobile events. Then we have the rumored Apple event in October and have a official event by MobileCON. Alot manufactures have or will very soon have announced all products for holiday season. Google has the last two months of the year to themselves with no other mobile events as now to announce anything. I hope we get some rumors or leaks of what Google is up to because the anticipation is killing me.

Update
Their is also a lg event next week.

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Tomorrow: LG Event
Wed: Motorolla/Intel Event + HTC Event
Next Week: Blackberry Event
October: Rumored iPad Mini Event + Official MobileCon Event

Once the apple event is confirmed and done with in October. I think the whole mobike industry will no longer just be glancing at Google as to say "We notice you in corner and your shy so will tend to everyone else" but once the year is coming to close I think many would say "WTF Google...what hell are you still doing in corner." After October I defiently be looking at Google like WTF mate and let's get this show on road.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have my suspicions that Google is waiting on availability of processors with ARM 15 cores for the next Nexus. We should start to see them shipping out pretty soon. It would make sense that the next Nexus would have an A15 architecture so Google has the opportunity to optimize Android for processors that utilize them, like the OMAP 5. I'm not an expert on processors, but from what I understand, a dual A15 core CPU would demolish the A9 based chip Apple built for the iPhone 5. By miles.

It's weird we have not heard much of anything at this point in the year. By mid-September last year, there had been a lot of credible leaks about the GNex.

AdamOutler

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Lets see here.. 1.5GHZ, ARM 11. What RECENT SoC's are using 1.5GHZ ARM11?

NVidia Tegra T33. You saw it first here... Wait, what site am I on? This isn't xda...

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused about A15. I thought I was supposed to be waiting patiently for OMAP5 phones, but a couple of articles recently have mentioned that A15 was really intended for servers, and is an extremely power-hungry design.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is already supposed to have a exynos processor with an A15 core, so they may be in line for the next nexus again. Their windows phone ATIV design could be a similar design for the next nexus.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, anything's better than those chips Intel has had in development for an epoch. Those thinhs have "battery vampire" written all over them. If an Intel chip ends up in the next Nexus, I'm staying away. I'm not beta testing it.

---------- Post Merged at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:34 AM ----------

I saw that too. Although originally intended for servers, it's been adapted it for mobile. A15 cores were to ship second-half of this year, leading me to think Google is waiting on a processor with them.

The tech industry, for all it's professed secrecy, is a siv for information when it needs to stoke demand. The fact that we have seen absolutely nothing in terms of the next Nexus leads me to believe it's farther off than we would like. I mean, no pics, no rumored specs, no analytics, nothing has shown up. And remember that Verizon burned Google with the Nexus launch last year, barely getting it out before X-Mas.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: When, where, and how will Google strike next

It's weird we have not heard much of anything at this point in the year. By mid-September last year, there had been a lot of credible leaks about the GNex.

Agreed.

The tech industry, for all it's professed secrecy, is a siv for information when it needs to stoke demand. The fact that we have seen absolutely nothing in terms of the next Nexus leads me to believe it's farther off than we would like. I mean, no pics, no rumored specs, no analytics, nothing has shown up. And remember that Verizon burned Google with the Nexus launch last year, barely getting it out before X-Mas.

Sadly I agree but hopefully we are wrong. Regardless in end when I get a Nexus I can happily bow out of the speculation mill on when next nexus is coming out. I am sorry but Google needs to solidify when,what, who and how the nexus line will be distributed as a product. They need to answer these question at end of the year.

How many Nexus will they com out a year?

Will they come out with nexus every year?

Will a new is come put with every nexus?

How many new os will come put in a year?

Will Google I/O be the expect event to announce a new nexus?

Will Google I/O be just for non smartphone nexus devices?

What event will they have in fall or if they will have event in the fall?

Will this fall event be the release of nexus smartphone only?

The list of questions can go on and I know Google is still relative new so the lack of blue print on nexus line is due to being a rough draft. I can't help feel Google likes staying quite simply to build buzz and speculation and mystery around Nexus Line. The mystery is what makes Google fun and intriguing because you don't know what your going to get with them. However there devs and android fans are not kids anymore. We have grown up and more interested in a consist structure to the Nexus Line to be followed.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Agreed.

Sadly I agree but hopefully we are wrong. Regardless in end when I get a Nexus I can happily bow out of the speculation mill on when next nexus is coming out. I am sorry but Google needs to solidify when,what, who and how the nexus line will be distributed as a product. They need to answer these question at end of the year.

The list of questions can go on and I know Google is still relative new so the lack of blue print on nexus line is due to being a rough draft. I can't help feel Google likes staying quite simply to build buzz and speculation and mystery around Nexus Line. The mystery is what makes Google fun and intriguing because you don't know what your going to get with them. However there devs and android fans are not kids anymore. We have grown up and more interested in a consist structure to the Nexus Line to be followed.

I think Google will be much tighter lipped than they were last year. The smooth launch and delivery of the Nexus 7 has proven that they can do a great job in making a great product for a great price and get it to the masses quickly.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I think Google will be much tighter lipped than they were last year. The smooth launch and delivery of the Nexus 7 has proven that they can do a great job in making a great product for a great price and get it to the masses quickly.

They actually weren't that tight lipped about the N7 or at least Asus was throwing us a bone with info. Google's problem is they are to tight lipped Google needs to spill a few beans like bread crums to follow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jwood55812

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

You seriously want Google to detail that? Does Apple do that? Meizu? ANY tech manufacturer at all? Its ridiculous to think that Google will say "On October 1st we'll release the next nexus, followed up with our major OS iteration on July 1st, 2013, finally followed by another Nexus tablet August 1st, and the "next nexuses" successor on Nov 13, 2013", I doubt they themselves know that much. I understand the waiting game is annoying for entusiasts, but companies don't base their decisions around the bleeding edge, and it's not like Google is the only one doing it.

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You seriously want Google to detail that? Does Apple do that? Meizu? ANY tech manufacturer at all? Its ridiculous to think that Google will say "On October 1st we'll release the next nexus, followed up with our major OS iteration on July 1st, 2013, finally followed by another Nexus tablet August 1st, and the "next nexuses" successor on Nov 13, 2013", I doubt they themselves know that much. I understand the waiting game is annoying for entusiasts, but companies don't base their decisions around the bleeding edge, and it's not like Google is the only one doing it.

Apple, Samsung, and Windows are following pretty similiar months to month patterns. Especially Apple again is my orginal example with there iPhone delivers pretty close every year. Samsung is starting to follow apple with the S3. Then Windows even is starting form a parttern. I don't why Google can't eventually follow other companies and establish a structure with there Nexus Line.

Again I would like to say I wish Google at very least next year has set month to annouce and release a Nexus product. Now I am not expecting to know what type Nexus device coming out ? Or who will make? Or even how many nexus devices will come? I see that just wishful thinking unfortunately at the moment.

If Google wants Nexus line to strive and be the tool to bring customers to the Playstore to buy their content then its in their best interest to keep the masses in the loop. I mean how do they expect the mass to follow nexus line if hardcore fans can't even follow.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They actually weren't that tight lipped about the N7 or at least Asus was throwing us a bone with info. Google's problem is they are to tight lipped Google needs to spill a few beans like bread crums to follow.

We got to hear what they wanted us to hear in order to hype things up.

jwood55812

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Apple, Samsung, and Windows are following pretty similiar months to month patterns. Especially Apple again is my orginal example with there iPhone delivers pretty close every year. Samsung is starting to follow apple with the S3. Then Windows even is starting form a parttern. I don't why Google can't eventually follow other companies and establish a structure with there Nexus Line.

Again I would like to say I wish Google at very least next year has set month to annouce and release a Nexus product. Now I am not expecting to know what type Nexus device coming out ? Or who will make? Or even how many nexus devices will come? I see that just wishful thinking unfortunately at the moment.

If Google wants Nexus line to strive and be the tool to bring customers to the Playstore to buy their content then its in their best interest to keep the masses in the loop. I mean how do they expect the mass to follow nexus line if hardcore fans can't even follow.

I see your point, but like you say, these are only general structures, what if Apple does come out with an iPad mini in October, that will be totally unexpected. NOONE says when they're going to release products, some are just more predicatable than others, and I agree, I wouldn't hold my breath for Google to say "new device in ______". They expect the masses to follow the same way that they follow the iPhone, hear about the press when it actually gets released/announced. Look how wrong people were about the iPhone 4S, even the hardcore fans were totally off base, and noone knew what was actually up until maybe 2 weeks before it got announced.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I see your point, but like you say, these are only general structures, what if Apple does come out with an iPad mini in October, that will be totally unexpected. NOONE says when they're going to release products, some are just more predicatable than others, and I agree, I wouldn't hold my breath for Google to say "new device in ______". They expect the masses to follow the same way that they follow the iPhone, hear about the press when it actually gets released/announced. Look how wrong people were about the iPhone 4S, even the hardcore fans were totally off base, and noone knew what was actually up until maybe 2 weeks before it got announced.

Considering every tech blog is reporting that a Mini will come out I'm not sure if it's unexpected.

Sent with Oliver's Dying Breath

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Apple will only be adding something new to here already established pattern or it very easy to speculate where the paterrn will go. Iphone/Ipad Mini Fall and Ipad End of Winter.

They were wrong about iPhone 4s except for fact new when it was coming right? If not Apple diverging from pattern is way to mix things but quickly go back to there predictible patterns. IPhone followers have good average of non hardcore fans but to he a Google fan to follow the Nexus Line you have to be diehard enthusiast. We are too small of group to get the Nexus line out there even if we can crack the impossible code on how Nexus series work it doesn't little to get the mass apeal.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03