Samsung Galaxy S 4 Thread of Rumors, Speculations, Facts & More

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Many are waking up this morning to reading the report on the AC blog page and various other resources about the rumored SG4! Yes, I know you just got your hands on the SG3 and now were talking about another new member coming to the Galaxy S family somewhere are spring time in 2013!!

Samsung Galaxy S4 rumored to show at Mobile World Congress in February by Phil Nickinson

We will do our best to keep all the threads, posts, etc combined into this thread so its a one stop shop for you.

Enjoy and lets keep the debates and discussion under control folks.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

murphious

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S IV!!!!

Oh wow...
Oooo OLED screen.

Maybe I might upgrade my Nexus, though my Nexus almost literally trumps the iPhone 5 at the moment!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't see a s4 till May again... Maybe they will show a prototype... But then again u never no but I can't see March maybe April that would be 11 months... Iphone 4s to iphone 5 was 11 months

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy sIV?

If they can crank out a 5" display in the same form factor that the S3 currently has (i.e. don't make the actual phone any bigger), then i'd be ok with it.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

All depends, if they can make up for the space by reducing the border around the screen then they can pull off a larger screen while still having the same physical dimensions. Might be hard though as the screen is already really close to the edge on the S3.

Rev.

The_colombian

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I think if they do away of the physical buttons that its very possible to do 5" with the current dimensions.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

yeah true but youre right, they could only really make the screen longer to keeg the phone same size and that would ruin the widescreen dimensions

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Its unveiling and release would be may like s3.

the only thing i dont like about it is it is rumored to have 5'' screen

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Think of it this way we got what 6 or 7 months to grind things out of the rumor mill on this baby :)

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Im really very happy with my S3 and will likely not be able to upgrade if an S4 comes out in Febuary, but Id like to see a couple of things improved.

One, a brighter screen; the S3 screen's colors are really very nice and vibrant however its performance outdoors and in the car could use a boost in brightness.

Secondly I would love to see somone match or surpass Apple with the materials used. Honestly thats the only gap that exists between Android handsets and what Apple makes. Give us some high quality metals and glass; maybe aluminum or magnesium like Microsoft is using in thier tablet. Id even pay alittle more to have somthing that feels that high end.

Last edited:

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
At this rate, Samsung will be able to release the S5 about the same time Apple releases the 5S.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
seems a bit daft to leak the sIV when the sIII is still hot... wont it put off people who were tryin to choose between ip5 and s3 and people like that tend to want the latest thing so theyr not gona choose an s3 thats gona be "out dated" early next year.
i think 4.8" is the sweet spot anyway unless they make it a bit thicker and make the front be just display from edge to edge... that would be VERY nice

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
http://m.bgr.com/2012/09/17/samsung-galaxy-s-iv-release-date-rumor/

If people read the conjectured specs.for the S4, they might very well decide to stick with their S3 versions. I wouldn't mind a five-inch screen, and would be interested in a flexible display, though, because I carry my phone in a pocket of my cargo pants, so the size would not be too bulky for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante