Why can't we get top specs in a normal Size???

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So using rough numbers I'm gonna give y'all an idea how rare we are

Worldwide 1,000,000,000 smartphones are active

Xda being a decent sized site I used it as a rough idea of technically minded users yes I know this won't help anyone but there were 4,690,296 users when I checked registered

4,690,296 / 1,000,000,000 = 0.0046903

Or .46903% of smartphone users

Not even 1%
Yes this isn't a super accurate number but a decent idea of how small we really are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol...you have to factor in devices 4.5in or higher with top specs ONLY! Then compare that # to the iphone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol...you have to factor in devices 4.5in or higher with top specs ONLY! Then compare that # to the iphone

Top specs is a relative term at this point are you talking flagship only are we what are min requirements to be considered and are we going only by one period of time are we going all iPhones period or from the day android hit shelves how we doin this

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Try The LG Viper, it's smaller than 4 inches, and it's got 500mb of ram, and a dual core 1.2 ghz processor

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Top specs is a relative term at this point are you talking flagship only are we what are min requirements to be considered and are we going only by one period of time are we going all iPhones period or from the day android hit shelves how we doin this

To compare properly as it relates to this topic, u have to go by flagships

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
To compare properly as it relates to this topic, u have to go by flagships

So now flagship phones are the only ones with high end specs ok are we going for time periods.

Also I fail to see what we are comparing

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You're better off doing like I do at school or work asking just the average person with smartphones, even though I care far more about Sports Journalism but still counts for grades. I rarely got size or specs as a factor for their choice in phones, it was mainly price and features. Plus the coolness of having an iPhone. Sites like this and XDA are just full of people who care too much about the insides of a phone. When whatever the "K" OS will be for Android is released, people here will be treating Jelly Bean as if it's Froyo or older.

I remember when I went from a Zire 71 to 72 then Treo 650 then 700 and forgot what I had after that. When I got a chance to get an iPhone I got it because it was pretty much the best and coolest. Didn't want to run around campus looking like an old boring suit with a Palm or Blackberry phone.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Personal attacks? Tis tis!

But I'll answer u as i did before when u chose not to listen. Ecosystem is a factor as well (i did say this before). Consumers still choose iphone and accept screen size. How much or how little it is ecosystem verse size and design, no one will ever know unless you know of an accurate poll. Again, all we can say right now is that there "is" a phone with a popular design and a 4in screen that "is" the most popular phone in history.

Instead of trying to pick that apart with a poll that does not exist, maybe you should just accept that at face value and concede that you have absolutely no evidence that the majority of iphone fans want a 4.5in screen or above.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

The problem is, you keep trying to use the iPhone to justify having high end Android phones at that size. You fail to admit, however, that most iPhone users aren't buying them for specs. In the android pool, that same average user would be happy with a One S or Dinc LTE. They would constitute phones that get the job done well. The vast majority of those millions of iPhone users (Along with Android) don't give a damn about clock speed, ram, etc. They just want it to work. iPhone realistically does that better than any other phone on the market. They built a reputation on it, and that rep. is good enough to sell their phones over and over again.

Put another way, do you really think if they had gone to a 4.8 in iPhone, that people would have flocked away in droves? No way, it would have sold as well or better. That's not a specs issue, so stop trying to use it as your only defense in a specs argument. Compare apples to apples (no pun intended) with Android phones, and you can see that there's more evidence for bg phones being more desirable by most people. That's what makes a manufacturer sell phones.

The argument that we never see big specs in small sizes wont hold water, because the overwhelming majority of smartphone users aren't that interested, as long as it works. The fact that you see GS3's and One x's Outsell small phones, and without tons of complaining and returns about unusability due to size, is that people like the size. I know it's not ideal for you, and that stinks, but the market does not support your idea that this is a widely demanded device.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
A later surveymonkey survey around Sept 2012 LTE was the top reason for buying iPhone 5 at 32.5% with larger screen at number 2 at a still staggering 25.3% this is on a survey of 600

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Older from the Samsung vs apple pre iPhone 5 30% in said survey wanted larger screens that percentage be decent

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351139184188.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351139184188.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 7

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
To support you Rican on android authority there was a poll on screen size

1172 surveyed at my time of looking
4.0in and 4.3in is dead even both holding 23% each
4.5in in second at 18%
3.5in 4% lmfao

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Ha ha. I like the tone. You are all ready for some stat tracking. This has been one of the longest threads but truly a beauty

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You think that just because iphone fans wanted a bigger screen than the tiny 3.5 they had, that they are now desiring 4.5+?? Don't you think that's a bit of a leap there??? Just becaus apple needed to go bigger, doesn't mean its as big as u could go! Apple found balance in 4inchs and personally, I think its the right balance... I would even go as far at 4.3 if i had to in a thin frame. But you're using Apple's modest move up to justify your personal view on extreme lol

Well I just finished reading a thread that was pretty much based on all former iphone users who just switched to the Note 2. Quick you better get over there and tell them that they made a mistake. Lol. Kidding.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
He said I didn't put out any real data what do you think brad did I put up some data

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You think that just because iphone fans wanted a bigger screen than the tiny 3.5 they had, that they are now desiring 4.5+?? Don't you think that's a bit of a leap there??? Just becaus apple needed to go bigger, doesn't mean its as big as u could go! Apple found balance in 4inchs and personally, I think its the right balance... I would even go as far at 4.3 if i had to in a thin frame. But you're using Apple's modest move up to justify your personal view on extreme lol

Also... I should add that I went from a HTC Desire 3.5 to a Samsung gs2 4.3 and I will be buying a larger phone when I upgrade. If the sgs3 was available when I got my SGS2 I would have bought that, so just because people are using a small phone it doesn't mean they won't take the leap to a much larger size.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Proof: iphone currently 4in, selling more than any handset in history. Fans can go elsewhere but don't.

Speculation: iphone fans want more than 4in. Since don't have one, we can only go by "what is!" and again, refer to point above.

Again you can just look at the iPhone and say that because it's the best selling handset etc. You have to look at the iPhone vs. All larger phones if you want to use this logic.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Again you can just look at the iPhone and say that because it's the best selling handset etc. You have to look at the iPhone vs. All larger phones if you want to use this logic.

I have...it beats every large phone out there including the gs3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22