Why can't we get top specs in a normal Size???

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Sales figures drop furthur in later months but I cant find accurate numbers either way reviews find the phones to be decent and one should make their own decisions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
how many units can they even sell in the US by only having the One line on T-Mobile? talk about limiting your potential market...

ETA: whoops i forgot that the One X is on ATT too

That is very true... Its a bad example and u can't use the one line as an example. Plus, as i keep saying... The one s is literally downgraded in every way verses the one x... And lets not even add the spec difference of the one v to tbis equation

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You couldn't be more wrong in this post. Beyond the assumption that only kids use bigger phones but you may not be aware that a large number of the original Note sales were to the senior community that "need" a bigger screen to see and type in. We all have different needs. Yours are only yours, not all of ours.
You can Google it but there are many sites suggesting the Note phones as well as seniors requesting this phone
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note/442059-verizon-seniors-want-galaxy-note.html

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

That may have some merit... And thats fine. Still doesn't take away that smaller devices that focus more on efficient battery life, better and faster communications, and better mobility suit us 30somethings much better. And i have been seeing iphones dominate the enterprise market faster than androids. Androids are looking more like high end playstation portables. Thats not what i want as an adult with a career. And i believe there are enough folks out there that agree with me. But since we dont have a device like that yet, we move to apple.... Thus, their success! Size does matter to many!

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
And ecosystem is not the only thing that matters. New device activations for apple has grown as well as their already established base stays consistently strong .. And both are very high and very successful...

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
That may have some merit... And thats fine. Still doesn't take away that smaller devices that focus more on efficient battery life, better and faster communications, and better mobility suit us 30somethings much better. And i have been seeing iphones dominate the enterprise market faster than androids. Androids are looking more like high end playstation portables. Thats not what i want as an adult with a career. And i believe there are enough folks out there that agree with me. But since we dont have a device like that yet, we move to apple.... Thus, their success! Size does matter to many!

Ok you created a demographic now prove it I want numbers im tired of your baseless arguments data back up your claims otherwise its oppinion

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The entire One line has not sold well at all and that's why htc is in a bind overall

but this doesn't mean they are not good phones. I know people that have the one x and love it. including many moderators of AC. Regardless, you asked for an example and i gave one.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That is very true... Its a bad example and u can't use the one line as an example. Plus, as i keep saying... The one s is literally downgraded in every way verses the one x... And lets not even add the spec difference of the one v to tbis equation

i live in canada and i think it is being carried on most if not all carriers here so the numbers may be different. plus globally there are other factors. it's not just and bout the usa ;)

But regardless, i think htc is a perfect example. sure the camera way not be as good as the one x, but as a smaller phone this should still pull a lot of weight for the people who must have a smaller device. The sales for this phone should have been pretty good if your logic holds true. not everyone wants the top of the line specs.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I noted that you said "I" a number of times in your post which is really just again your likes and dislikes and isn't based on any real numbers. The transition of so many users to Android and specifically Samsung phones has been pretty obvious. Android sells more phones than Apple and Samsung almost on its own sells as many or more. So again I have to disagree with your post on how we can look at the iphone and think all of these people are buying the device because it's smaller. This is not true. Plus, the battery on the humongous Note 2 is also huge, so battery will be getting to the tablet quality which also shows we can get more space and fit in more battery. Add in more power efficiency in general and we are all winning in bettering battery life.

I understand fully what you are trying to say and what you desire and what you want us to agree with you on, but truthfully if we look only at the current 2 ecosystems of ios and android today Android still offers more choice, more customization and just more for lots of people. But I would be quick to say that based on user experience and polish it really hasn't been until the SGS3, One X, Note 2 and other Jellybean powered devices that we are able to say that Android feels as good as Apple. iOS always dominated in touch screen in my opinion but now that line is blurred. if all Apple has is a smaller screen and a few more apps then I wouldn't think this is even a comparison we can measure anything by. Sales are still running high from the success of the 4S. people buy the iphone5 because they are committed to that system. they rarely say I am staying with ios because the screen is smaller.

the enterprise dominance thing is false. sorry it's changing drastically now. people want bigger.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
And ecosystem is not the only thing that matters. New device activations for apple has grown as well as their already established base stays consistently strong .. And both are very high and very successful...

Android is at 1.3 million a day. Not a bad number.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Also are you saying I dont have a career or am not an adult that all I do is play games and sit on YouTube because I dont think like you

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok you created a demographic now prove it I want numbers im tired of your baseless arguments data back up your claims otherwise its oppinion

Your data looks amazing transparent :rolleyes:

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
but this doesn't mean they are not good phones. I know people that have the one x and love it. including many moderators of AC. Regardless, you asked for an example and i gave one.

How is the one s an example if it has lessor specs in all categories over the one x??? Data plzzzz???? U know.... Since ur so quick to ask for my data and offer non of ur own

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not looking at it from the perspective of the One X. I am looking at it from the perspective of it being a great device that does everything you want it to do and that it does it well.

here's 2 examples:

1. 720p plasma TV vs. 1080p LED TV.
I have both of these tv's and like both, but I am finding that after using my newer LED TV I actually prefer the plasma as it just looked a bit better even though the specs aren't as good and it lacks all the bells and whistles. No different than a smaller phone may work for you even though it may not have the top specs. It's a day to day use thing not just a comparison chart.

2. iPhone 5 vs. 4s
Many people are opting to not bother updating to the i5 as they are happy with the i4. And many people are actually buying the i4 instead of the i5 as it's cheaper yet still serves the purpose they need. The larger screen and increased speed doesn't add anything to their experience.

So if you told me that you have used the One S and feel that it is a sorely lacking device that can't work for you then that is a different situation, but you haven't tried it, so the points you make are moot.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Android is at 1.3 million a day. Not a bad number.

Meanwhile Apple sold 3.1 million iPhones... in three months :p
Compare that to Android's 1.3 million daily and the iPhone is virtually dead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Meanwhile Apple sold 3.1 million iPhones... in three months :p
Compare that to Android's 3.1 million daily and the iPhone is virtually dead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

20 million sgs3 sold in 100days

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well Apple did sell 5 million iphone 5's in 3 days. But that was at launch. Let's all face it that Apple has a great product. It's just not as good as our Android phones... and we know it :)

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

1. RAZR MAXX - Best android battery life, and has big screen. And as for better and faster communications: That depends on the user. I certainly prefer the larger keyboard provided by a bigger phone (and I don't have large hands by anyone's measure) That is simply a subjective measure of your preference.

2. Again your opinion. You keep trying to say that you are part of this big group that want's high powered small phones, but there is no indication outside of your talk, and maybe 3 or 4 others in this thread. People are very vocal about their complaints, but there's not a huge group talking about how they want smaller flagships. A few of you clearly do want them, but where is the volume of talk on this issue that would make manufacturers feel the need to provide that kind of device? You can keep putting your opinion out there which is OK, but your opinion on this doesn't seem to be held by many people, who would be also complaining about this to manufacturers.