Why can't we get top specs in a normal Size???

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Simple Question: Why is it do hard to fathom a top spec'd device in a 4in to 4.3in screen size??? iphone success doesn't give phone makers a clue???

Motorola "ALMOST" got it right with the new razr maxx HD, right up until I heard that it's going to have a 4.7in FML device!!! Anyone agree???

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Simple Question: Why is it do hard to fathom a top spec'd device in a 4in to 4.3in screen size??? iphone success doesn't give phone makers a clue???

Motorola "ALMOST" got it right with the new razr maxx HD, right up until I heard that it's going to have a 4.7in FML device!!! Anyone agree???

Because they've been too successful selling larger screens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

What's wrong with the DROID RAZR M and DROID Incredible 4G LTE?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They're never going to be world beaters ;).

Not sure why it has to be like that. I think the screen resolution spec is seriously overrated.

There is nothing wrong with 4 and 4.3 inch screens at qHD. They really don't have to be HD.

A Samsung phone with the same specs as the GS3 but instead with a 4 inch qHD screen should be a high-end phone, but because the screen isn't HD, people will write it off.

Same thing with the Rezound vs. DINC4. The DINC4 pretty much has the same specs as the Rezound, save for the S4 (vs. S3) and 4 inch qHD display (vs. 4.3 inch HD display.

The DINC4 should be a high-end phone (and is hands-down better than the Rezound) but because it has a 4 inch display, it's a mid range phone.

:(

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Resolution, output option hdmi, and camera always seem to get hurt whenever they go to a smaller screen! Shouldn't be that way

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Personally, the razr m hd got it right in my view... I just wish the hd maxx was at most 4.3in! That would be my dream device! Till then, i will keep waiting with my dinc 2 in hand

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
As it relates to screen and camera...

So the Rezound, which has the same camera as the DINC4, isn't a high-end phone either?

Screen size and resolution need to go hand-in-hand, IMO.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So the Rezound, which has the same camera as the DINC4, isn't a high-end phone either?

Screen size and resolution need to go hand-in-hand, IMO.

No, the Rezound is not new top spec anymore. Its actually pretty silly to even think that in late September of 2012.

And if screen size and resolution go hand and hand, i guess Apple must not know what it's doin huh? In the end, preferences are preferences. And seeing the huge Apple following for 4in devices, it seens that there are plenty of people who desire it. Personally, i think its not taking off in the Android community because they aren't being outfitted with the same tech that their big brothers are getting.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No, the Rezound is not new top spec anymore. Its actually pretty silly to even think that in late September of 2012.

And if screen size and resolution go hand and hand, i guess Apple must not know what it's doin huh? In the end, preferences are preferences. And seeing the huge Apple following for 4in devices, it seens that there are plenty of people who desire it. Personally, i think its not taking off in the Android community because they aren't being outfitted with the same tech that their big brothers are getting.

Other than the screen size and resolution and the smaller battery (it's a smaller phone), I don't think the DROID RAZR M has any spec different than the DROID RAZR HD.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Other than the screen size and resolution and the smaller battery (it's a smaller phone), I don't think the DROID RAZR M has any spec different than the DROID RAZR HD.

It has a lesser camera front and back, lesser resolution, and no hdmi out like its big brother.....

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It has a lesser camera front and back, lesser resolution, and no hdmi out like its big brother.....

I believe it does have HDMI out via MHL.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Apple only sells one size, so their customers have to take it. I've been hearing people complain for years about wanting a screen that;s larger, but they stick with IOS because they like the system and will deal with the small screen. With tons of variety in the Android world, manufacturers can sell big high end phones easier, and people who want smaller ones can still get pretty powerful devices. You also have to consider that most customers looking at Android will take the bigger screen over the smaller with the same specs, especially as a high end, small phone is going to be more in line with the larger screen phones price-wise. They do their best to cover the market, but realistically, will never please everyone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Curious, which phone wins right now: DINC4 or Rezound?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
We should have a galaxy s III mini with all the same specs as the original just a smaller screen (and bezel to bezel screen!) And you'll have a hit with the small hand and women's jeans wearing crowd!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
We should have a galaxy s III mini with all the same specs as the original just a smaller screen (and bezel to bezel screen!) And you'll have a hit with the small hand and women's jeans wearing crowd!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Metropcs got a sgs3 mini thats kinda got sgs3.specs but is 4.3 in

Sent from my white Epic 4g Touch