Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Why can't we get top specs in a normal Size???

Quote Originally Posted by canesfan44 View Post
    No need to worry about it Bro. Life is life, and I'm lucky it was just my arm and not my life. Seems like a more than fair trade to me, and you have no need to say that you're sorry... unless you were the drunk, coked-up driver that put me in the coma for 7 weeks and ripped all 5 brachial plexus nerves out of my spinal cord, lol. Anyway, I feel and agree with some the OP's frustration, but that's mostly just me being petty that I can't have exactly what I want, exactly when I want it. At least Android gives us so many options, whereas Apple leaves you no choice.
    Thanks for the posts. Great to hear frank, humorous and reasonable comments. You truly have a unique outlook on life and I Iove it. Made my night.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #552  

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Okay. Then let's ask everyone who sees this post. Or maybe AC could do a survey on this topic. How many people who are reading this would rather buy a 4in sgs3 vs a 4.8in sgs3?

That would be a great idea. The same specs need to be emphasized

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

We should start a new thread though so it opens it up to everyone.

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Convert2 View Post
    Samsung stated from it's research "there's a lot of demand for a 4-inch device in Europe." They created the GS III Mini to meet that demand. It is indisputable that there exists a demand for mid-sized devices. What is disputable is whether the manufacturers can build such devices with high end specs at a price point that can make a profit.

There do exist some top quality mid-sized phones out there e.g. iPhone (non-Android however), Razr M, HTC One S, but not enough across all carriers to meet demand. And it seems that most newer mid-sized offerings are being released in European and Asian markets.
    But those aren't high end top specs.

Think gs3 but shrunken down.

That is a high end phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Okay. Then let's ask everyone who sees this post. Or maybe AC could do a survey on this topic. How many people who are reading this would rather buy a 4in sgs3 vs a 4.8in sgs3?

Brad remember what I said about these communities and the percentage of actual smartphone users they represent roughly 2 to 3% AT most

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #556  

It would still make a good AC poll. Whos got phil's email? lol

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post

Agreed as long as your not using those numbers to prove or disprove a large market have you emailed oems voicing your concerns rican

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #558  

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Agreed as long as your not using those numbers to prove or disprove a large market have you emailed oems voicing your concerns rican

That post sounded like your scared of the possible results lmao... Just playin dude. But no, i haven't written OEMs. Too time consuming...

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 10-27-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

That post sounded like your scared of the possible results lmao... Just playin dude. But no, i haven't written OEMs. Too time consuming...

Na the results are fine but im saying ac is a very small percentage compared to overall smartphone users and most are not the average user leading to skewed results

i'd like to point out again that its not so much screen size that makes makes the difference as it is the width of the phone. if OEMs could get a 4.5"+ screen on a phone no wider than 2.5" i think most people looking for a smaller form factor solution would be ecstatic. the size that i look for for best one-handed use and pocket-ability is a handset under 5" tall and at the most, 2.5" wide. if those specs are met, the screen could be 4.8" for all care...
    Last edited by mcantu; 10-27-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Thanked by:

Just dropping by, figured I'd add my opinion.

I have a Gnex (GSM) with an extended battery. My biggest beef is the plastic housing is slippery. My second beef is the width. I've got slightly larger then average hands (long fingers) and I have almost dropped it many times. Partly due to the slick plastic (combined with my hand's tendancy to sweat) and also due to the width. Interestingly enough when I throw my Otterbox Commuter on there, it's easier to hang on to even though its thicker and wider -- probably due to the textured plastic shell.

Anyway, the Gnex has a 4.6 inch screen. While I like it, I don't "need" that large a screen.

Take the best parts of the HTC OneX and the SGS3, but make it with a 4 - 4.3 inch screen. Much more pocketable (and hopefully a less slippery housing) would make me a happy guy.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #562  

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    i'd like to point out again that its not so much screen size that makes makes the difference as it is the width of the phone. if OEMs could get a 4.5"+ screen on a phone no wider than 2.5" i think most people looking for a smaller form factor solution would be ecstatic. the size that i look for for best one-handed use and pocket-ability is a handset under 5" tall and at the most, 2.5" wide. if those specs are met, the screen could be 4.8" for all care...
    Then you'd have what the iphone is. A tall narrow device. And arguably, it wasn't as popular and was clearly a trade off to keep the 16.9 apect ratio. Not many people wish for long and narrow.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #563  

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post

I have a Gnex (GSM) with an extended battery. My biggest beef is the plastic housing is slippery. My second beef is the width. I've got slightly larger then average hands (long fingers) and I have almost dropped it many times. Partly due to the slick plastic (combined with my hand's tendancy to sweat) and also due to the width. Interestingly enough when I throw my Otterbox Commuter on there, it's easier to hang on to even though its thicker and wider -- probably due to the textured plastic shell.

Anyway, the Gnex has a 4.6 inch screen. While I like it, I don't "need" that large a screen.

Take the best parts of the HTC OneX and the SGS3, but make it with a 4 - 4.3 inch screen. Much more pocketable (and hopefully a less slippery housing) would make me a happy guy.
    This is just an opinion as well... But it sort of speaks to quality as wel when u see a small super high end device with a very nice design. I agree, a One X at 4in-4.3 with all the specs would be amazing. And if it was a Nexus, it would be even more amazing.

I remember back when blackberry was still relivent, I had a bb curve 8330 on verizon. I was in awe at how powerful this device was at the time in such a small package. Granted today i would never accept a screen that small, but it just makes the point that compact with quality and high specs still speaks.... advancement.... At least to me anyway.

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 10-27-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    dancing-bass likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I dont know what kind of pants all of you wear but they must be freaking girl pants to not be able to put these phones in them any jeans I get or khakis have plenty big enough pockets I can fit my phone in shirt pockets too and do it frequently

badbrad17 likes this.

Then you'd have what the iphone is. A tall narrow device. And arguably, it wasn't as popular and was clearly a trade off to keep the 16.9 apect ratio. Not many people wish for long and narrow.

oh i think 16:9 is a horrible aspect ratio for device thats used vertically most of the time but thats the way Android makers are pushing things so that they can say that their screens are 'HD'. i would love a return to golden ratio screens like the one of the Nexus S

I wear guys jeans, thanks. I wear tshirts, nothing with pockets though. I just know that I'd sacrifice a bit of screen size for something a bit easier to hold and to stuff in a pocket.

Each to their own. Hey, if you want to carry the Note 2 and then have to shop for pants based on your phone size that's up to you. I just know what I'd like to see. I'll buy what works for me, and you buy what works for you

Sent from my rotary phone
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I wear guys jeans, thanks. I wear tshirts, nothing with pockets though. I just know that I'd sacrifice a bit of screen size for something a bit easier to hold and to stuff in a pocket.

Each to their own. Hey, if you want to carry the Note 2 and then have to shop for pants based on your phone size that's up to you. I just know what I'd like to see. I'll buy what works for me, and you buy what works for you

Sent from my rotary phone
    Lol I dont hunt for pants ive just never found any tiny pocketed jeans ever in normal male sizes I mean is it some kind of fashion thing im unaware of is it a designer thing I just buy jeans from walmart and stuff never have issues with pockets I put my phone 2 or three flash drives my vw switchblade key all in one pocket easy

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #568  

I wear loose fit boot cut jeans but i don't even put my phone in my pocket. I use a holster and 9 times out of 10 i use either otterbox defender or seidio active. Both of which make ur phone that much larger on your side.

Also, i occasionally wear scrub bottoms (I'm a medical case manager) for comfort, and holsters are the best solution. I seen residents with huge phones on their waist and it looks absolutely ridiculous, especially with an otterbox defender on it.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I wear loose fit boot cut jeans but i don't even put my phone in my pocket. I use a holster and 9 times out of 10 i use either otterbox defender or seidio active. Both of which make ur phone that much larger on your side

Issue being? Im just wondering

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I agree. Phiiiiiiillllllllll..... where are you? Someone light the Phil Bat signal.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    RicanMedic78 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

No one needs a bigger TV either but it sure changes the user experience doesn't it?

Android Evangelist
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #572  

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Issue being? Im just wondering

Ummmm.......... Looks too big?

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Ummmm.......... Looks too big?

So its about looking cool what are you 12 hahaha if your an adult it shouldnt matter

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Okay. Here we go. I created a new thread asking what the best size is.

What screen size is best in a high end device?

Android Evangelist

One phone. Ready?

LG Lucid..............Specs comparable to Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx. This is proven on numours sites and from my own first hand experience.
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 LastLast