1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Default ASUS Padfone 2

Sorry if this is the wrong section; I wasn't sure because the device is confirmed but the features/specs aren't.

So ASUS has sent out invitations to an event on October 16 where they will be announcing a successor to their Padfone that came out in February.

The original Padfone was an innovative device. As far as specs, it was a 4.3" phone with an S4 CPU and Android 4.0. But that isn't the innovative part. The phone also came with a Padfone Station, which could act as a 10.1" tablet when the phone was put inside it. There was a dock with a keyboard and trackpad, similar to that of the Transformer, that could connect to the Station, and there was a stylus that also acted as a Bluetooth handset. Here's a video from AndroidCentral about it:

There was one rumored image of the Padfone 2's specs. However, it seems fake because of the mismatched SuperAMOLED icon on the bottom left.
    ASUS Padfone 2-padfone2-specs.jpg

Here we can speculate about the features and specs of the device. All I'd like to see as an improvement over the original is a larger screen (4.5 to 4.8"), Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and the Station should dual-boot to Windows. As far as specs, the rumored specs do seem pretty realistic and they are good enough for me. Any thoughts? Other rumors? Say whatever you think relates to the Padfone 2 here.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: ASUS Padfone 2

Itd be cool if Google made a 10 inch tablet that used the pogo pins for the nexus to dock that way we could buy this and use the nexus of our choice to dock it. I'd buy that in a new york minute
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by SStudly View Post
    Itd be cool if Google made a 10 inch tablet that used the pogo pins for the nexus to dock that way we could buy this and use the nexus of our choice to dock it. I'd buy that in a new york minute
    Yeah. But even if it wasn't a Nexus, I would still buy the Padfone 2. Asus' OS overlay isn't that bad unlike TouchWiz *shudder*

2 weeks to go and we will know the specs of the padfone 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by darkvice View Post
    2 weeks to go and we will know the specs of the padfone 2
    Yep.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Probably nothing but padfone 2 has been pretty sparse on details. This could be a nexus.... Really just guessing though. Only issue is it doesn't have much in hw innovation.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Android Central Forums