What's the best Android phone for a long time Apple User?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
From everything I've read from people coming from iPhones, the SIII seems to be the way to go.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you are looking for. What in particular is making you move away from Apple? Is there a certain screen size you need, the latest and greatest hardware, more physical buttons, the latest OS version (aka Jelly Bean), etc. You can't just ask a broad question like that without some specifics. Maybe the GSIII might not be for you even though it is one of the current flagship phones available.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You need to start with Carrier and then decide the phone. Who is your carrier?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd start with carrier and then a screen size u are looking for to narrow it down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Heck a Samsung SGS Fascinate would be a better phone for any former eyephone user. :-D

Pp.

Sent from the future using Mayan technology.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The nexus is great and I would not discourage you, but the SGSIII is more feature rich at this point, especially if you put JB on it.

Just one feature alone make the grade for me. I can shoot a video, and snap 10 pictures at the same time.

I know a lot of people do not see that as a real upside, but combine that with the other features out there, it puts the SGSIII ahead of the Nexus.

If you have a month, see what happens with the next Nexus.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the above. Next Nexus puts the GS3 on the back burner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This is just my opinion, last year I tried to change my iPhone 3GS for a Galaxy II but i couldn't stand Touchwiz and a couple other things about samsung phones, so i got the 4S, this year I went for a Razr Maxx and really love the phone I feel like there is so much more I can do now, I use smartactions all the time
Also GS3 seemed a little weird holding it and didnt like the cheap plastic feeling

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I'd go Galaxy S3. I had the original iPhone, 3G, 4, and the 4S briefly. I purchased a GS2 Skyrocket as the GS3 wasn't available at the time but its great. Touchwiz really helped as I do like tinkering with my phone (I used to jailbreak my phones) but with Android there is a bit of a learning curve. Samsung simplified some things to where I was comfortable switching from the always the same iOS software to a new platform.

Now after owning my S2, I rooted it and am running CM9. What I liked about Android is the ability to leave it as a stock device that's great, or as I got more accustomed to it, be able to make the phone work as I wanted with rooting and custom roms. Basically I vote the GS3 :D