Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Re: What's the best Android phone for a long time Apple User?

The fact is that you must first think about your carrier, size of the screen and then capabilities of the phone. It seems to me that there is so many new phones just on the horizon that you may wish to wait to see what comes out next (in just a month there may be 5 or more top phones coming out) then you can shop and either pick up the next greatest thing or bargain hunt to pick up a great phone for pennies. When switching to the android world the good is you have so many choices and the bad is you have so many choices. The pace of change is so much greater in the android world that LTE is already on third and fourth generation devices now. Apple will be overwhelmed with so many innovations that the next iPhone will really have to be a game changer or suffer a considerable decline in popularity.
    badbrad17 likes this.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Do yourself a favor and get with the prepaid and grab a Grab a Galaxy Nexus or GS3. The GS3 is THE phone with an AMAZING set of features. Problem is that it will only have the crown for another few weeks I suppose. The beauty of Android is that a new MUCH better phone drops every 6 months or so. We get 2 phones for every 1 new iPhone. We had the Galaxy Nexus last November and then the GS3 in May.

The cool thing about prepaid is that you just sell your old phone on ebay and then just upgrade to the new one whenever you want, none of this new phone every 2 years. I don't understand how anyone has that type of patience now a days. The cycle was about every 2 years a few years back but the technology jumps are about once a year now.

You keep a new fresh phone and have a $60 a month or less bill and all is good.

Unfortunately for Apple, Google passed them when Ice Cream 4.0 hit and they know it. They are playing catch up and their current closed system just does not allow for the innovation that you get with Google. Samsung will probably be on flexible phones before apple gets NFC. Can you folks imagine if there was a legit 3rd player in the game? We would all be upgrading phones every 6 months!

Personally I don't have a drop of allegiance to any company or carrier. I want the best at the cheapest price, period.
    badbrad17 likes this.

so many people are thing about switching from iphone to android.hey,when you get your new android phone,you can use moborobo to transfer all the data from iphone to android.just visit then you will see!

If you're on Verizon, try MOTO. New RAZRs are legit.

Had Sammy and HTC - Moto is blowing these away. It's a sleeper hit.

Otherwise, get a nexus and go pre-paid!

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I'm another 4S to GS3 convert. Made the switch last week. My biggest worry was my music, I built everything into iTunes on my macbook because that was how everything worked best. I'm right in the middle of using double twist air sync to transfer the library from iTunes to my GS3 and it's so smooth I can't believe it.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Why not just use Google radio for your music and keep itunes for the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by mookster View Post
    I'm another 4S to GS3 convert. Made the switch last week. My biggest worry was my music, I built everything into iTunes on my macbook because that was how everything worked best. I'm right in the middle of using double twist air sync to transfer the library from iTunes to my GS3 and it's so smooth I can't believe it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123