Confirmed Specs for the Next Nexus.....[Hint: nothing]

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Here are all of the confirmed specs for the next Nexus....

Ok, now that we have that out of the way. I do believe that there is a very good chance that the phone will be using the S4, as every new high end phone has been using that processor in one for or another. I doubt that we will see the S4 Pro or 2GB of RAM, but I could be wrong. Do you really need it anyway? Nexus phones are not about bleeding edge tech. They are stable hardware platforms for the latest version of Android. It's about the software. I also doubt that Google will change its mind about SD cards. LTE that works on every carrier? Nope, too many bands to fit on one radio. Sprint and VZW Nexus phones would need different radios anyway.

As far as who will make it... There were rumors that there will be five Nexus phones this year. While I do believe that five different companies submitted phones to be considered for the next Nexus, I don't think we will have that much choice. This is all speculation on my part and not backed up by anything, much like this whole thread. No matter who is selected, they will not just give us a Nexus branded copy of their current flagship (sorry Phil). It would not make sense for them to compete against their own phone as any Nexus phone would be bought solely based on the name and what that means. An HTC Nexus will probably not have the ImageSense chip in it, as this will not be installed on every Android phone, nor will it have Beats audio. An LG Nexus would just mean a great IPS screen. A Motorola Nexus would mean great radios and build quality with a bad camera. GN camera sucked anyway, so this would be a wash between the old and new Nexus. Sony has contributed a lot to AOSP and the cameras don't suck, but the Galaxy SII and S3 cameras didn't suck either. They might not put their new camera sensors in the Nexus. Another Samsung Nexus would mean an updated processor and camera with the same screen. Kind of boring if you ask me.

What I do want to see from the software side is pull down power toggles, weather on the lock screen, and customizable shortcuts on the lock screen. I'd like to see LED customization settings and Tasker style phone automation. I'd like to see VZW not screw up another Nexus and allow updates to come out when Google releases them and not block apps because it will have a head start on their own internal project. I'd also like to see a phone that will run all the apps in Google Play. I'm looking at you EA.

I will probably end up getting the RAZR MAXX HD or the Incredible X. A Nexus should be GSM and contract free. I have a Nexus to play with and I know how to use factory images when they come out.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to like the idea of bkorver, who said he could see Google doing a "Nexus certification" program if some sort. Then, any OEM who wants to offer a Nexus may do so, we get more choice, and all manufacturers could get in on the action. Or what about even a "dual boot" option that allows the user to run AOSP or a skin at startup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC