NEXUS [poll]

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC. they make amazing hardware except they use to make same design but now it seems like it has changed.

I agree. i always wanted the nexus 1 but it ended up not coming to verizon, htc makes nice devices it was always the software that was it's Achilles heel

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd choose whichever manufacturer made the phone with the features that I want, I have no allegiance to any manufacturer. Even though I think LG has made the poorest quality phones recently, it doesn't mean I wouldn't buy an LG Nexus if it was a beast.

DevSteven

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I would want a Samsung Nexus again solely for it's AMOLED screens. Also, I think after building to Nexus phones they can avoid past (minor, and for a select few,major) mistakes.

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Central Forums

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd choose whichever manufacturer made the phone with the features that I want, I have no allegiance to any manufacturer. Even though I think LG has made the poorest quality phones recently, it doesn't mean I wouldn't buy an LG Nexus if it was a beast.

Can you elaborate on that i own a lg nitro and its a great phone built wise.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Eh not really. The nexus line is a developer phone if you about updates root it and you will have the latest right away, no waiting for carriers.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you elaborate on that i own a lg nitro and its a great phone built wise.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I mean they have made the least compelling phones recently (features and spec wise). I'm not the only one who thinks so, Android Authority gives phones a rating based on features, specs, and reviews and the top 20 phones are all made by Samsung, Motorola, or HTC. But my point was that this means nothing going forward, the Optimus looks like it will be awesome.

android010

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I would pick Motorola or HTC , No more Samsung for me.

Enough with the radio problems and low sound of the speakers and cheap hardware

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Let's see if the new HTC One X+ were the new Nexus I would be thrilled. Those 5" HTC pics look like a nice phone too, but really a 1080P screen sounds non-battery friendly to me. I actually like my Galaxy Nexus a lot so if Samsung made it again I'd be fine. The LG one I have to see and mess around with, I have no idea how I like LG phones. Motorola would have to be a Maxx phone and I'd be all over it. Sony would be really good I think too. No matter what I hope they have a decent camera. All these manufactures make phones with decent cameras now, there is no reason the Nexus does not get something decent.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I would pick HTC or Motorola. But only if their batteries were big enough, or they had a HUGE extended battery.....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto Nexus for sure. I'm glad they've come around on the bootloader deal. My Droid X was probably my favorite Android phone. Build quality is top notch, they use better materials than just about everybody else. HTC would be a close second because of the metal uni-body designs as of late and the gorgeous LCD on the One X, but I want a Moto Nexus phone real bad.

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC - best screens.
Samsung second, but I'll still root for underdog HTC
Never Motorola again after the fiascoes with their failure to update or support phones even a couple months old - poor poor support

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
HTC - best screens.
Samsung second, but I'll still root for underdog HTC
Never Motorola again after the fiascoes with their failure to update or support phones even a couple months old - poor poor support

Nexus support is different though. Plus Google would have a little vested interest in making sure a Motorola Nexus was very well supported.

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Motorola for the radios, battery life, and build quality. HTC would be my second choice solely because I loved my N1 so much.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't care as long as the build quality and all my boxes are checked on the specs list. I don't have any brand loyalty but I'd be interested in trying a Motorola phone.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke