Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: NEXUS [poll]

I want nothing more than a Nexus device made by Motorola!!!!
    If it's a Nexus then there's no worry about not getting updates from Moto, 'cause Google handles updates. Unless it's a VZW Nexus. Motorola's build quality and cellular radio experience are IMHO the best in the business and the only one that competes and often beats Apple's build quality. I will say that until Motorola started building smartphones, their phones were still great, it was just their UI and OS that they chose on their phones that sucked so bad. Now with the most popular phone OS in the world on their hardware, they are the best in my mind.
    I don't know why anyone would want an HTC Nexus device. I will admit that the hardware on the Nexus one was very good, but HTC always skimps on something. It's either by not paying for the drivers to take complete advantage of all that the processor has the ability to do, or the camera optics, or the speaker quality. I've experienced this on several HTC models and will not give any more of my money to them.
    I understand that you can have a poor experience with any manufacturer, and that everyone has different likes and dislikes. This is nothing more than my experience and opinions.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9

another asus, wish to have something like nexus 7,a 7inch phone. i am using gtab p1000,so i dont want to downgrade to phablet less than 7inch.if only nexus 7 has built in sim slot.
    AzD

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

Nokia.
    fdesa12 likes this.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9 ICS 4.0.4

For me it would have to be HTC. The hardware is incredible and sexy, best screen tech so far with the Super LCD. Something that looks almost exactly like the One X except HTC really has to step it up with their batteries. Why do they always use the smallest batteries in their devices, I just don't get it.

whoever does the following:

* uses Nexus S as the guideline for size
    * squeezes larger, 720p screen into that casing.
    * has a camera that matches or exceeds the iPhone 4S/S3
    * has at least 16GB storage, 32 ideally, mSD optimal, but I know it won't happen
    * be on Sprint
    * built like the one X, or similar
    * One X's Super LCD screen or equivalent.. not a fan of AMOLED (tho, haven't seen the S3)
    * obviously good reception all around

I don't really care who makes it so long as it's a Nexus phone.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Based on a bunch of different brands I've owned I'd chose HTC first, Moto second, Samsung next to last and LG dead last.

Why? I've had hearing problems with most Samsung phones, not with any other brand. Their sound systems seem weak. I can't hear 'em ring and I can't hear the caller.

LG...... I got a new one a year back, couldn't configure my email. VZW said LG blocked my ISP, hard to believe so..... I called LG, the customer disservice person said, "Yes, we block that ISP." Me, "WHY?, nobody else does?" LG, said.... basically, "We just do, so live with it." I took the phone back and I'll never own another LG product. I could have sworn I was talking to AT&T disservice!

PS, I really don't want a Nexus phone.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Well, since you didn't limit it to just the current Android manufacturers, I would put in this order:

1) Nokia
    2) Motorola
    3) Sony
    4) HTC
    5) Samsung

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Definitely Asus. I bet no one has said that before *reads all comments* oh
    Anyways, I'd like to see the Padfone (with the Station, dock, and stylus handset) implemented as a Nexus device. One can only dream, though. Sigh.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

I'd love to see either a Nokia or a Sony...I'm dreaming, I know.

Probably a toss up between HTC or Moto.

ROM
    Stock

Moto hardware, Google software...this has win written all over it.

ps, I love my VZW Nexus.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.
    moosc likes this.

I think most of the commenter's has had all nexus (I had) and I think we need a change from Samsung. I'll go with Asus or moto

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You should change your signature to Nicholas Tesla. Edison was a sourpuss.

HTC with S4 Pro, 2GB of RAM, at least 32GB of storage, 4.5-4.8" HD display, at least 2500mAH battery, and hopefully available from T-Mobile. I'm gonna miss Sense if HTC comes up with this.

Easy! My top 10, in order of most wanted:
    1) Lenovo. Seriously.
    2) Apple (lol)
    3) Nokia (again, lol)
    4) Moto
    5) Sony
    6) HTC
    7) Asus
    8) Samsung (with better materials, less plastic)
    9) Acer
    10) Amazon (one final lol)
    smacsteve and 15israellai like this.

ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

Sony.

I'm one of the few who actually took a good experience from owning an xperia x10. I had mine long enough that I got the bootloader unlocked and got some real good roms. I love sony's UI too....if I have to choose one over the holo UI, sony's would be it!! They are the only company that has a full library of games behind it, as well as over 50 years as a major manufacturer of high end electronics....not to mention the years of experience sony has building audio devices and portable devices. Their cameras are always top notch!! The smile recognition feature they brought forth in GB is just amazing!! Let's not forget that sony had the first panoramic camera app!! All others are based on sony's design. I'm also a big fan of timescape. The things developers can do with it and create add-ons available in the market....that's a great perk!!

Sony was also the first manufacturer to allow end users to OFFICIALLY unlock bootloaders for sim free gsm devices. And let's not forget they open sourced their playstation mobile dev kit!!! What other manufacturer do you know that's actively working side-by-side with the AOSP community without even having a nexus device officially? Hell, google loves them so much, they gave them an honorary pseudo-nexus device by giving it full aosp support!!!

My vote??? Sony, all the way!! I want an Xperia Nexus, please!

ROM
    MiNCO

Moto (if they could) > Sony > HTC > most of the rest > Samsung.

Blazing on my Nexus Prime

I know this might seem odd, but I'd like to see one from oppa. They make some pretty interesting designs, and if nothing else, would provide something different than the more popular android manufacturers.

I wouldn't mind LG. I would buy an Optimus G if it came to Verizon, some of the features that were shown in the videos are really awesome, and priliminary vids of performance seem great. So if an OG Nexus were made I'd buy the hell out of it. I love my G Nex, most of the time, but I'm looking for more stable radios and a better camera.

Moto > Sony > *

Asus. I want the internals of the Padfone.

I want a Motorola Nexus Maxx. Solid reception, amazing battery and a LOUD speaker! My original Droid had a ghetto blaster on the back of it...made the speaker on my GNex that much more disappointing.

I would choose Motorola mostly because its an American company and its quality is amazing. I've had the last two Nexus devices and love the curve screen. For some reason that is just cool and it feels nice in my hand. I'd also like to see HTC have another go at it as they have as good of quality as the Moto does. The ones that don't interest me are LG and Sony. Wouldn't even consider them.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

HTC for me I could care less about it being made in america, the majority of products that are sold in america are made overseas due to big "american" corporations not supporting the united states by outsourcing jobs anyways.

Other than that though HTC has pretty solid radio quality and rock solid build quality in experiences with them. Plus HTC is the only android manufacturer with semi original designs anyways.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

I agree with previous comment Tesla was the first to harness electrical current he just wasn't credited with it because everyone that he was crazy at the time. Oh and never mind that he isn't american.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast