Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree22Likes

Default Re: NEXUS [poll]

Samsung, by far. That's my answer for now. If Motorola improves under Google, I might swing that way.
    --- NICK ---

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Motorola as long as the bootloader isn't unlockable(oops sorry meant is unlockable).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Motorola as long as the boot loader isn't unlockable.

Why do you say that?

And i would love one from Motorola. But i wouldnt mind one from Asus, Sony, or HTC. Is it just me or has no one said Kyocera? I wonder what kind of phone a Kyocera Nexus would be... lol.

Motorola Photon 4G

Is there something like Nokia Nexus? Who knows.. it may come out on the future..
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,198 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by packstrap View Post
    Is there something like Nokia Nexus? Who knows.. it may come out on the future..
    That's my dream phone.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Why do you say that?

And i would love one from Motorola. But i wouldnt mind one from Asus, Sony, or HTC. Is it just me or has no one said Kyocera? I wonder what kind of phone a Kyocera Nexus would be... lol.

Motorola Photon 4G
    Sorry auto correct beat me up there, I meant is unlockable.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
    Thanked by:

I vote for Sony to be the next Nexus
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pandu Dyad View Post
    I vote for Sony to be the next Nexus
    I wonder what a Kyocera Nexus would be like... though I am sure it would be one rugged phone.

Motorola Photon 4G
    Thanked by:

I want to say Samsung because of their recent success with the S3 but looking at their sale history from the last 2 years with nexus devices, I would understand why google is switching to someone else

HTC all the way. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFromHouston View Post
    Samsung, by far. That's my answer for now. If Motorola improves under Google, I might swing that way.
    100% in agreement!

Sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests

Motorola one won't be for a few years yet

Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Who knows what's next nexus but I want HTC or Sony.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Motorola for build quality, HTC and Sony for design, Samsung for hardware and that'll be the best smartphone going!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    dobermans rule likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wOrLd13 View Post
    Nokia or Asus
    ^^^ THIS

ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

I would instantly skip any motorola or HTC nexus..,..they are the worst android manufacturers I could ever imagine!!! In my experience, HTC devices running anything other than an official rom are like crippled one legged zebras in the savanna running from a lion. Motorolas are like a pumpkin pie that baked in the oven for 1/5 the time it was supposed to....half baked, runny sh!t that no with a half a brain would touch if their life depended on it.....but we give them a pat on the back anyway, because we know they were born with a mental defficiency.

If I had to choose any manufacturer at all for a nexus, it would be a Sony. Hell, they may as well have an entire line of nexus devices....that seems to be the general direction they are headed anyway. Try finding another company that offers beta roms, aosp options on some devices, as well as a skinned ui option, official bootloader unlocking, its own open source development community, and full instructions (as well as hands on assistance) building kernels and roms to be completely compatible with all aspects and features for every bit of hardware in the device......and this is all without ever having had a single Nexus device to date. Their actions towards the android community have even gotten them an official honorary aosp supported device, post-release!!! Can any other manufacturers say that?
    Thanked by:

I've gone with Samsung for both the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus. I love the design and the curved glass. Both were super dependable. Now if they could get the battery life of a Motorola Droid Razr that would be the perfect combo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by jessesmith8888 View Post
    If ALL the major manufacturers made a nexus, which brand would you choose? Why?

For me it would be a Motorola nexus. Build quality, radio quality. That's a big deal for me. Also American made.
    My opinion on this has changed. I'm not sure if it is the manufacturers themselves, or the standards that Google expects their chosen manufacturer to meet. But, at this moment in time, I am extremely unhappy and dissatisfied with Google.

My Nexus 7 just flat out stopped working yesterday. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, these devices should not stop working with less than six months of normal use. The device is still under warranty, but the hoops that Google expects its customers to jump through to exchange an item are ridiculous. Google could take a lot of lessons from Apple as to how to provide decent customer service in my opinion.

I do quite a bit of ordering online, in fact, all of my Christmas presents this year were purchased online, except for two items that I purchased for my niece and nephew. Amazon especially makes exchanging and returning an item relatively easy and painless.

At this point, given the quality and selection of devices being put out by other manufacturers, devices like the Galaxy Note 2 and etc., I can't see why anyone would want to limit themselves to the garbage customer service that Google provides to their customers.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    At this point, given the quality and selection of devices being put out by other manufacturers, devices like the Galaxy Note 2 and etc., I can't see why anyone would want to limit themselves to the garbage customer service that Google provides to their customers.
    Because even other manufacturers' good phones get ruined by the garbage bloatware they bog down the phone with. If you want stock Android and fast updates without rooting, custom roms, etc., Nexus is the only way to go.
    Thanked by:

Asus or HTC, because Nokia is obviously not gonna be ditching WP8 anytime soon.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345