NEXUS [poll]

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Motorola as long as the bootloader isn't unlockable(oops sorry meant is unlockable).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Motorola as long as the boot loader isn't unlockable.

Why do you say that?

And i would love one from Motorola. But i wouldnt mind one from Asus, Sony, or HTC. Is it just me or has no one said Kyocera? I wonder what kind of phone a Kyocera Nexus would be... lol.

Motorola Photon 4G

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Why do you say that?

And i would love one from Motorola. But i wouldnt mind one from Asus, Sony, or HTC. Is it just me or has no one said Kyocera? I wonder what kind of phone a Kyocera Nexus would be... lol.

Motorola Photon 4G

Sorry auto correct beat me up there, I meant is unlockable. ;)

Feipang

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to say Samsung because of their recent success with the S3 but looking at their sale history from the last 2 years with nexus devices, I would understand why google is switching to someone else

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Motorola for build quality, HTC and Sony for design, Samsung for hardware and that'll be the best smartphone going!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would instantly skip any motorola or HTC nexus..,..they are the worst android manufacturers I could ever imagine!!! In my experience, HTC devices running anything other than an official rom are like crippled one legged zebras in the savanna running from a lion. Motorolas are like a pumpkin pie that baked in the oven for 1/5 the time it was supposed to....half baked, runny sh!t that no with a half a brain would touch if their life depended on it.....but we give them a pat on the back anyway, because we know they were born with a mental defficiency.

If I had to choose any manufacturer at all for a nexus, it would be a Sony. Hell, they may as well have an entire line of nexus devices....that seems to be the general direction they are headed anyway. Try finding another company that offers beta roms, aosp options on some devices, as well as a skinned ui option, official bootloader unlocking, its own open source development community, and full instructions (as well as hands on assistance) building kernels and roms to be completely compatible with all aspects and features for every bit of hardware in the device......and this is all without ever having had a single Nexus device to date. Their actions towards the android community have even gotten them an official honorary aosp supported device, post-release!!! Can any other manufacturers say that?

Last edited:

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I've gone with Samsung for both the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus. I love the design and the curved glass. Both were super dependable. Now if they could get the battery life of a Motorola Droid Razr that would be the perfect combo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If ALL the major manufacturers made a nexus, which brand would you choose? Why?

For me it would be a Motorola nexus. Build quality, radio quality. That's a big deal for me. Also American made.

My opinion on this has changed. I'm not sure if it is the manufacturers themselves, or the standards that Google expects their chosen manufacturer to meet. But, at this moment in time, I am extremely unhappy and dissatisfied with Google.

My Nexus 7 just flat out stopped working yesterday. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, these devices should not stop working with less than six months of normal use. The device is still under warranty, but the hoops that Google expects its customers to jump through to exchange an item are ridiculous. Google could take a lot of lessons from Apple as to how to provide decent customer service in my opinion.

I do quite a bit of ordering online, in fact, all of my Christmas presents this year were purchased online, except for two items that I purchased for my niece and nephew. Amazon especially makes exchanging and returning an item relatively easy and painless.

At this point, given the quality and selection of devices being put out by other manufacturers, devices like the Galaxy Note 2 and etc., I can't see why anyone would want to limit themselves to the garbage customer service that Google provides to their customers.

GopherDroid

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
At this point, given the quality and selection of devices being put out by other manufacturers, devices like the Galaxy Note 2 and etc., I can't see why anyone would want to limit themselves to the garbage customer service that Google provides to their customers.

Because even other manufacturers' good phones get ruined by the garbage bloatware they bog down the phone with. If you want stock Android and fast updates without rooting, custom roms, etc., Nexus is the only way to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt