Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 86 of 86
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #76  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    Personally I don't care. If you really need a 10 inch tab get a laptop because portability goes out the window. They are big and bulky and pointless in my opinion. But people like them so they can't be ignored and until the 4.2 rubbish phone mode, they kept tablet ui alive making it possible to be enabled on 7 inch tabs

    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    I disagree. I go to a lot of meetings where I need to show clients my portfolio of work. I used to drag my laptop around and half the time wouldn't even bother to pull it out only because it would be too much of a hassle to pull out and turn on or set up. But my Transformer Prime is wicked. I slide it into my briefcase and can have it out on the desktop in seconds. Super small and hassle free. Especially if I only take the tablet without the keyboard.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  2. #77  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I dunno, I actually love the Nexus 7, particularly the back. The bezel, not so much, but I "get" why it's there.

    This just looks cheap. I do want to hold one before I make a final judgment, but it's not something I can purchase and not think of it completely as a toy and not some sorta pseudo computational tool.
    It could be looking cheap because it is cheap. As in inexpensive. I would trade a cheap case with great specs and great performance for a device that costs twice as much with a beautiful case but lousy performance.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  3. #78  

    Default Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    It could be looking cheap because it is cheap. As in inexpensive. I would trade a cheap case with great specs and great performance for a device that costs twice as much with a beautiful case but lousy performance.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    But the problem for this is that it's competition has both the performance AND the premium materials.
  4. #79  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    But the problem for this is that it's competition has both the performance AND the premium materials.
    Yes, I but still lower specs and for a lot more money. Especially with the N7.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  5. #80  

    Default Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Yes, I but still lower specs and for a lot more money. Especially with the N7.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    You're missing a word there that makes it hard to see what you're saying.

    For the nexus 10, the iPad 4s performance is the same or better. The iPad mini has some performance deficiencies, but is able to keep pace with the N7 in most tasks. (Mainly because the tegra 3 used in the 7 is an older chip using an architecture comparable to the A5s)
  6. #81  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    You're missing a word there that makes it hard to see what you're saying.

    For the nexus 10, the iPad 4s performance is the same or better. The iPad mini has some performance deficiencies, but is able to keep pace with the N7 in most tasks. (Mainly because the tegra 3 used in the 7 is an older chip using an architecture comparable to the A5s)
    Okay then just look at the cost. It's a matter of almost buying 2 N7's for the price of one ipad mini. The N10 is also offering much more for a lot less. It does depend a lot on what you want to do with it. Tablets for me are toys. They have their purpose in some situations but over all it is something you play with.

    But some people will want the iPad regardless which is fine if they feel they want to spend the extra for it.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  7. #82  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    You're missing a word there that makes it hard to see what you're saying.

    For the nexus 10, the iPad 4s performance is the same or better. The iPad mini has some performance deficiencies, but is able to keep pace with the N7 in most tasks. (Mainly because the tegra 3 used in the 7 is an older chip using an architecture comparable to the A5s)
    I'd give more credit to hardware/software integration than I would the chip. Also, don't forget that the less resolution = less strenuously a bunch of things have to operate.
  8. #83  

    Default Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I'd give more credit to hardware/software integration than I would the chip. Also, don't forget that the less resolution = less strenuously a bunch of things have to operate.
    Well yeah, but the mini also has a significantly more powerful GPU too.
  9. #84  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Well yeah, but the mini also has a significantly more powerful GPU too.
    True, but Apple products will always have that based upon the needs, requirements, and operations of the OS.
  10. #85  

    Default Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    True, but Apple products will always have that based upon the needs, requirements, and operations of the OS.
    So basically, it boils down to if you want iOS or android, as usual.
  11. #86  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Samsung Nexus 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    So basically, it boils down to if you want iOS or android, as usual.
    All day erryday.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Nexus S Multimedia Desktop Dock
    By Tyndall in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Accessories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 10:31 AM
  2. Sprint Samsung Nexus S
    By theblizzard2010 in forum Sold / Archived Marketplace Threads
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 06:39 PM
  3. Samsung Nexus S or Samsung Infuse 4g
    By jaycop in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 09:19 AM
  4. Samsung Nexus S Chipset PN544
    By spurwa in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM
  5. Jerry's Samsung Nexus S review
    By Dexter73 in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

B