Samsung Nexus 10.1

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You're missing a word there that makes it hard to see what you're saying.

For the nexus 10, the iPad 4s performance is the same or better. The iPad mini has some performance deficiencies, but is able to keep pace with the N7 in most tasks. (Mainly because the tegra 3 used in the 7 is an older chip using an architecture comparable to the A5s)

Okay then just look at the cost. It's a matter of almost buying 2 N7's for the price of one ipad mini. The N10 is also offering much more for a lot less. It does depend a lot on what you want to do with it. Tablets for me are toys. They have their purpose in some situations but over all it is something you play with.

But some people will want the iPad regardless which is fine if they feel they want to spend the extra for it.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You're missing a word there that makes it hard to see what you're saying.

For the nexus 10, the iPad 4s performance is the same or better. The iPad mini has some performance deficiencies, but is able to keep pace with the N7 in most tasks. (Mainly because the tegra 3 used in the 7 is an older chip using an architecture comparable to the A5s)

I'd give more credit to hardware/software integration than I would the chip. Also, don't forget that the less resolution = less strenuously a bunch of things have to operate.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd give more credit to hardware/software integration than I would the chip. Also, don't forget that the less resolution = less strenuously a bunch of things have to operate.

Well yeah, but the mini also has a significantly more powerful GPU too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital