Motorola Nexus 4.2.2 Key Lime Pie coming soon ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/2...-moto-nexus-and-key-lime-pie-update-schedule/

Complete rumor based, very little facts to base this on. But could be possible ?

I truly think we will see a Nexus made by Motorola, but not now. I think Fall 2013, and it will be the Nexus-M.

But if the rumors are true, any company can release a Nexus any time they want once KLP is out - all they have to do is follow the guidelines and get Google to approve the device. If that's the case, doesn't have to be a full year before Moto puts one out.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
read the article and they are kind of hard to believe. some phone are still scheduled to get ICS next year.
getting JB is fine but KLP?? dont think so.

again if 4.2 is still JB then KLP is 4.2.2??? thats now how the versions system works for Android.
I am 99.9% sure its fake.

RickyThunell

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm skeptical based on the seemingly older phones being scheduled to get KLP before phones like the razor HD. as well as KLP coming out as 4.2.2 instead of 4.3 or 5.0.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm skeptical based on the seemingly older phones being scheduled to get KLP before phones like the razor HD. as well as KLP coming out as 4.2.2 instead of 4.3 or 5.0.

I agree with you. There is no way that the Bionic and Droid 4 are going to be updated to Key Lime Pie. They barely got ICS. The Droid 4 may see Jellybean; but I highly doubt that the Bionic will. And I honestly don't see Key Lime Pie being 5.0. My Reasoning: Android started at version 1.0. Android saw 04 DOT upgrades (1.0, 1.1, 1.5 Cupcake, 1.6 Donut), before reaching version 2.0. At version 2.0, Android saw another 04 DOT upgrades (2.0/2.1 Eclair, 2.2 Froyo, 2.3 Gingerbread), before reaching ICS. I'm not counting Honeycomb (3.0) because it was temporary and closed source. Google then introduced Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). Some thought that ICS would be version 2.4; but that wouldn't have made much sense: Google had already released 3.0 Honeycomb and wanted to unite the Phone and Tablet OS, hence the need for a full number upgrade. Now, we're at Jellybean (4.1/4.2). There are 03 versions of Jellybean right now: 4.1.1, 4.2, 4.2.1. Based on the 02 previous major upgrade cycles, I believe that Google will introduce Key Lime Pie as version 4.3, as you say. I don't see 4.2.2 being KLP, mainly because a DOT DOT update is used for bug fixes and minor new features that don't affect the major system processes of the device. I believe version 4.1 was introduced as Jellybean instead of ICS because it was enough of a change in the way the device operated (Project Butter). I could be wrong, though :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie