Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ep1977
  • 1 Post By Rizz1-2
  • 1 Post By NoYankees44
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Nexus 10 Pricing?

Anyone hear anything about the pricing for the google nexus 10 tablet that is being introduced on Monday?
    opronnie1 likes this.

Default Re: Google Nexus 10 Pricing?

No. not yet!! but I think it would be around $350. Here is my theory

Chromebook which has the same processor,Chipset,2 Gb RAM,16 Gb storage and probably same battery is $250.

I know touch panel and the screen resolution cost more but if you take out all the unwanted components(keyboard and other) from chromebook. removing those could compensate a little on the screen resolution cost.

also 2 nexus 7 cost $400 which is pretty much 14 inch screen, 32 Gb combined, 2 processor,2 battery etc.
    Last edited by still1; 10-26-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    No. not yet!! but I think it would be around $350. Here is my theory

Chromebook which has the same processor,Chipset,RAM,16 Gb storage and probably same battery is $250.

I know touch panel and the screen resolution cost more but if you take out all the unwanted components(keyboard and other) from chromebook.

removing those could compensate a little on the screen resolution cost.

also 2 nexus 7 cost $400 which is pretty much 14 inch screen, 32 Gb combined, 2 processor,2 battery etc.
    If it is $350, Then they will be taking my money. Not really taking my money but more like me throwing it at them at high speed. I agree with your logic lets just hope that it works out that way.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    If it is $350, Then they will be taking my money. Not really taking my money but more like me throwing it at them at high speed. I agree with your logic lets just hope that it works out that way.
    I also would be buying this quickly for $350. I'm thinking that the price will be closer to $500 though

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out at a low price or a high price, although I would guess in the lower end ~$400

I wont be surprised if they come at $300 for 16Gb and $350 for 32 gb.

or price it $329 just to poke fun at ipad mini

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    Especially if they continue the $25 in the app store! Think of this:

iPad Mini: $329 (so-so outdated screen ppi, so-so processor, ok RAM)
    Nexus 10: $350 - $25 in store = $325 (better than retina PPI, amazing processor, great RAM)

I wont be surprised if they come at $300 for 16Gb and $350 for 32 gb.

or price it $329 just to poke fun at ipad mini
    They won't go that low because that would make it too close in price with the new Nexus 7. I'm guessing (hoping) for $350 16GB, but they might go $400 (which I think is a mistake)

Hardware that competes with the new iPad 4. Doubt it will be much under $450.

I'm going to guess $350. Google's not in the business of making money off hardware. They want to put their devices in everyone's hands, so they can consume, consume, consume. The N10 will obviously be less than the iPad 4, and probably less than the mini.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52), Nexus 7 (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52)
    Retired: HTC Eris, Dinc, Thunderbolt, Moto Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Samsung Charge, Epic 4G
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default Google Nexus 10 Pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by dllb View Post
    Hardware that competes with the new iPad 4. Doubt it will be much under $450.
    This. Their price will be competitive but considering the specs, selling it for even 350 would be too much of a steal. I'd say starting point will be at least 400+

ROM
    CM 9.1

Well if they are following the same plan as they did with the Nexus 7 then I can't see it being any more than $400.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    They won't go that low because that would make it too close in price with the new Nexus 7. I'm guessing (hoping) for $350 16GB, but they might go $400 (which I think is a mistake)
    I'm hoping $350 for 16GB, $400 for 32GB. I hate to say it, but they'd be justified in doing $500 for 32GB considering the specs. Pricing it the same as the iPad (ie 16GB for $500) would be a mistake that I doubt they'd make at this point in the game. But based on the N7 strategy (and my hopes), I'm thinking $350-400.

One thing I'm worried about is that leaks for this thing didn't show up until right before it was supposed to be released and people were originally predicting early 2013. Combine that with the desire to keep cost low and announce it with the N4, and I hope they didn't rush/cut too many corners.
    Thanked by 2:

to get 14" of sceen it would take 4 7" screens. Two 7" would be closer to 10".

I do like the notion of a really cheap 10" tablet with these specs. That said, I question Samsung's desire to sell a really cheap tablet. Yes, Google has a desire to sell hardware for no profit, but Samsung doesn't.

ASUS might have been motivated to do the N7 as a loss leader to increase their market presence and name brand. Samsung, on the other hand, is considered the top tier maker of android products right now and will only be hurt by selling a tablet at a really low cost. Why buy a Note 10.1 for $500+ when you can get a faster, higher res, newer tablet from Samsung for $200 or so less? Really think most people want an S pen *that* much?

That said, if they offer a 32GB N10 for $450 or less, my finger will frantically be clicking on the "pre-order" link at top speed.

-Suntan

Damn it Google, now I might have to spend more money!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Hmm... $500 for the 32GB version. I'll have to think about that...

-Suntan

here you go ppl

Motorola Photon 4G

Also:

Motorola Photon 4G

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    here you go ppl

Motorola Photon 4G
    $400 for 16g and 500 for 32g

That actually is not bad pricing. If it had sd slot the 16g would be a great bargain

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.