Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Actual pictures and hands on of the Nexus 10!!!

Actual pictures and hands on of the Nexus 10!!!-161.jpg

The display is an incredible feat for Samsung. At 2560 x 1600 pixels, it far surpasses the Apple iPad’s “Retina Display” in resolution. We’re told the display measures 10.1-inches. That means we’re looking at approximately 298.9 pixels-per-inch, dwarfing Apple’s 263.92 on the third-generation iPad.
    Actual pictures and hands on of the Nexus 10!!!-111.jpg

This confirms profiles!! Look at the image of the face with "primary", that's where you toggle the user!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Actual pictures and hands on of the Nexus 10!!!

Aaaand it's gone!
    AZBrauMeister likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Profiles would be great.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

The os it's running is confusing. Is the tablet version of android dead?
    15israellai likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    The os it's running is confusing. Is the tablet version of android dead?
    I hope not.

This looks horrible.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Ever since ICS, the word was, they they were unifying the whole UI to one experience....

On another note, the back of that thing is atrocious!! Geeks an nerds will buy, but if they want to eat Apple's an Microsoft's lunch. They'll have to come waaaay sexier than this thing! Hopefully when Motorola gets up an started officially by Google they'll create a sexy piece. Hope it wont be too late by then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

And it's back:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cashiskingnyc View Post
    Ever since ICS, the word was, they they were unifying the whole UI to one experience....

On another note, the back of that thing is atrocious!! Geeks an nerds will buy, but if they want to eat Apple's an Microsoft's lunch. They'll have to come waaaay sexier than this thing! Hopefully when Motorola gets up an started officially by Google they'll create a sexy piece. Hope it wont be too late by then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I agree. Why can't they realize it needs to look good, not just have great specs?

To me, it's so odd. Sort of like a conspiracy! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    And it's back:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Why can't they realize it needs to look good, not just have great specs?
    It's probably a product of the internals. Like the retina iPad, it needs pretty beastly GPU and CPU specs to survive. Also a big battery. Add those things together and you're pretty limited with your external design.

ROM
    Viper

It looks like a samsung tablet I was hoping for better

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    paul-c likes this.

I like the idea of unified UI

See this post from AndroidPolice:

The design looks ugly in photos. It's based on Galaxy Note 10.1 so see here:

It isn't as ugly as it seems

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

I actually think the device looks pretty well made and designed. Sounds like its using higher quality materials than previous generations of Samsung tablets. The front looks well-rounded and the forward-facing speakers are a bonus. The tablet is very distinguishable when put next to the iPad and Windows 8 flagships. I'm willing to reserve judgement until we get actual hands on with the device after launch and reviewers show off the tablet in higher quality images. Like most devices like the Samsung Galaxy S3 or LG Nexus 4, they look uninspiring and bland in leaked photos, but are designs people will actually come to enjoy. I trust Google will offer it's consumers a high quality, proud to own device much like the Nexus 7.

As far as software goes, I completely understand why they made the move to make the tablet interface more so like the the phone interface. The previous versions of Android on tablets were very confusing and contradicted how the phone worked. You had the main interactions scattered across multiple corners of the OS, and you have to mesmerize what corner utilizes what button and in which applications. This 'new' UI is much more straight-forward and matches how the phone interface operates. The user only has to interact with two points: the middle bottom navigation bar, and the top middle (or in the case of landscape, the top right corner) search bar and notifications. Luckily, there's others who feel exactly how I feel and can give a more thorough look in how smart of a move Google made with Android 4.2

So many phones, so little time.
    Thanked by:
    Mac58 
    crxssi, SteveIowa, Mac58 and 1 others like this.

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

If this thing had a wacom digitizer like the Note and the Note 10.1 I'd be in line tomorrow.

I think this is great if there is one thing I hate about my xoom (Well actually there is tons I hate about it) it is the Tablet UI. It is so inconsistent and confusing to use. Finally, if Google does indeed go this way, there won't be the need to touch one of the four corners which on a 10 inch tablet is annoying. On top of that the notification area as of now is full of confusing buttons and just looks bad. The one thing that bothers me also is when I give my tablet to my nephew (3 yrs old) to play a game he always hits the navigation buttons. That sucks because 3 year olds are tough and all you want to do is give him the tablet and let him play to have some peace and quiet. I just think this is the right way to go for google and I commend them for finally starting to get these things together

Can't wait to see what Google says on monday :-)
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMadMan View Post
    I think this is great if there is one thing I hate about my xoom (Well actually there is tons I hate about it) it is the Tablet UI. It is so inconsistent and confusing to use.
    I just love the Xoom. I think the interface is fine... it is pretty much stock Jellybean.

Anway, the one thing I do NOT like about the Xoom are the rear-facing speakers. Perhaps this Nexus 10 fixes that. But I saw no mention of SD card, which is a bummer. I also saw no mention of GPS- which would be a disaster if it really didn't have one. I think the tablet looks fine; in fact it looks like a Xoom.... although the bezel is larger (which is generally not a good thing). Also concerned about AMOLED- I haven't seen one that can match modern SLCD2/3 in clarity/sharpness/color...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

ROM
    MiNCO

F**k no. Seriously. If I buy a tablet I want a tablet UI. Google, dont copy Apple's bad things. If Android goes that way I might just turn to Windows.
    What has Mr Duarte been doing? The Honeycomb UI was fantastic.
    </rant> I just want Android tablets to be as wonderful as they have been so far.

Transmitted from my Nexus Prime

To me this the is atrocious. I really think this might be one of the ugliest tablets I've ever seen. I hate to say that. The nexus 7 was a great looking little tablet and the nexus 4 looks awesome too. Heck, even my galaxy nexus was a sexy phone when it came out too. Definitely a step back esthetically speaking. Hopefully the great specs and software will make of for the eye sore it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    What I had...
    What I have...
    Ebony/Black/Black Moto X
    Nexus 7 2013
    iPhone 5c

X X X

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by DSaif View Post
    I like the idea of unified UI

See this post from AndroidPolice:

The design looks ugly in photos. It's based on Galaxy Note 10.1 so see here:

It isn't as ugly as it seems
    I understand why they are changing the ui, but it is a solid step backwards. The biggest complaint I hear about the n7 is the phone ui on a tablet. Now they are putting it on a bigger tablet :banghead: I guess that means I am never going to use my tablet in landscape ever again. I don't want to give my self carpal tunnel reaching all the way across just to hit the home button. They do realize ppl actually have and like to use thumbs don't they?

I have also always thought that a launcher bar on a tablet was stupid, but that is a different subject...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

ROM
    Tbolt rooted, GT10.1 TW

When are you guys going to realize that the average consumer does not care... All these comments are great, and they are of interest to me, but as an example, Android Central is my #1 bookmark... My wife doesnt know it exists..And she does not care...lol. She has a SGS3 and does not care if its ICS or JB... To her, it just works... Sadly, that is 98% of the population...

Price this thing at 299, advertise it as better than Retina resolution, and the masses will buy it... Period...

I'm not too thrilled by the body design. That said, it looks like it will be comfortable to hold in the hand. Really though, i dont care what it looks like. I'm going to be using it on the couch, in my home, while sitting in sweats and a shirt that likely has a stain on it. I'm not going to take it to a coffee shop where I will have it on display while I sit there hoping people look at me like I'm Mr. GQ.

Just as I never cared what the case of my PC looked like, I really don't care what my tablet looks like.

On the other topic, I'll be pretty bummed if you can't configure it to use the proper tablet UI. The phone UI on a tablet looks Busch League. Makes it feel like you are using one of those $150 Chinese knockoff tablets running Gingerbread.

-Suntan

I think the updates to the UI are fantastic, and reducing the number of locations of the home screen buttons from 4 down to 2 simplifies things. And at least what I've seen so far, the N10 looks really nice, particularly what is visible (and clearly taken from) from the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 pics above.
    --- NICK ---

Quote Originally Posted by cashiskingnyc View Post

By unifing the ment bringing Honeycomb UI to phones, not to remove tablet layout they just created version before

I think this is step backward and it was plus against iOS that it had home screen that is actully for tablet, how it looks like starched Phone layout on tablet like iPad have. I wonder what hit in there the head, is making screens for each phone and tablet is end up being painful for them?

I think you're wrong, my friend. The average consumer cares. Especially when it comes to esthetics. Your tablet or phone is a body's peripheral to most now in days. Sg3 =sexy. Iphone =sexy... I've noticed that the 98 percenters do care about a OS when see the latest version. They will want it because they see the improvements in performance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by cashiskingnyc; 10-28-2012 at 05:15 PM.

If it has profiles then I may be this over the new windows 8 tablet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast