What's the next big phone to hit Verizon?

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at the HTC Incredible dlx, might be called DNA, 5" with Jelly Bean and 1080p res screen. Coming out in about 3 weeks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Why haven't we heard more about this HTC DLX? I can't find any forums on it and no solid internet news. I'm really interested in this phone since my DInc 2 clearly isn't getting ICS

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
We need a new hypebeast... What's next in line?? Hmm... 1080p phones with quad-core processors. But who will be making the next monster? I would love a Samsung phone with an A15 processor inside :)

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Why haven't we heard more about this HTC DLX? I can't find any forums on it and no solid internet news. I'm really interested in this phone since my DInc 2 clearly isn't getting ICS

I've said the exact same thing. When the Thunderbolt came out there were rumors, leaked images, forums, etc like crazy. And there is just nothing new about this phone. Every day I check to see if there's any new talk about this phone and every day I find crickets chirping. Is this phone just being totally overlooked because of the GS3 and Note 2???

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for either the HTC DLX (DNA) or the Note 2. It will be a tough decision. I'm not event thinking about the N4...the big draw for this is the price apparently .... who knows how good the camera is since the price is considerably lower.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I heard rumors a few weeks ago the VZW would be getting a LG Optimus G variety called "Blaze", with pre-orders the end of October, and being released mid-November. Now, I can't find any new information. The Sprint version went up for pre-order today.

Assuming that VZW get some variant of the LG, and since VZW won't (apparently) get the Nexus 4, I'm hoping that a LG Optimus G would be close enough to the Nexus 4 that it would get decent developer support. Plus, it looks like a beast of a phone, 2gb memory w/ the 13 megapixel camera, and a micro SD card slot. The rumors even said that this phone would be the first LTE+ capable phone. Of course, I got the the HTC Thunderbolt, pretty much the first LTE phone on VZW and there were definitely some growing pains with that phone.

For me, I'm looking either for the LG Optimus G or Samsung Note 2 on VZW.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

The HTC DNA (formerly DLX) is rumored to be released after Thanksgiving. There is very little if any Buzz about this phone.
It may be because there's nothing really hot, new, or innovative.
5" screen, S4 quad core Snapdragon running at 1.5 Ghz, 2500 mAh sealed non-removable battery.
Nothing stands out.
If you wanted the One X or love HTC Sense then you now get it on Verizon with the new HTC flagship.
For everyone else, ehhh.
It's nothing special.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Note 2 and the DNA which is basically a One X with vzw branding but I kinda like it, No news about anything from LG whether it's the optimus G or the nexus 4 guess we'll just wait and see...Verizon has been slow with getting new phones lately

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The HTC DNA (formerly DLX) is rumored to be released after Thanksgiving. There is very little if any Buzz about this phone.
It may be because there's nothing really hot, new, or innovative.
5" screen, S4 quad core Snapdragon running at 1.5 Ghz, 2500 mAh sealed non-removable battery.
Nothing stands out.
If you wanted the One X or love HTC Sense then you now get it on Verizon with the new HTC flagship.
For everyone else, ehhh.
It's nothing special.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

1080p doesn't stand out to you? Plus the processor is better than any other phone out on Verizon. I'm definitely looking at it since it seems like the LG may not be coming out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I heard rumors a few weeks ago the VZW would be getting a LG Optimus G variety called "Blaze", with pre-orders the end of October, and being released mid-November. Now, I can't find any new information. The Sprint version went up for pre-order today.

Assuming that VZW get some variant of the LG, and since VZW won't (apparently) get the Nexus 4, I'm hoping that a LG Optimus G would be close enough to the Nexus 4 that it would get decent developer support. Plus, it looks like a beast of a phone, 2gb memory w/ the 13 megapixel camera, and a micro SD card slot. The rumors even said that this phone would be the first LTE+ capable phone. Of course, I got the the HTC Thunderbolt, pretty much the first LTE phone on VZW and there were definitely some growing pains with that phone.

For me, I'm looking either for the LG Optimus G or Samsung Note 2 on VZW.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the LG Optimus G will not get much developer support at all. 1. It's LG. 2. Locked bootloader. 3. Not the Nexus. 4. Poor support. Because it's not a Nexus, it will have physical buttons. Since these will not sell like the Nexus and the crowded market will have better options, there won't be a ton of people owning one, which will probably stunt the development community for this phone. Of course, that's just my 2 cents.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Right now, the Droid DNA and Galaxy Note 2 are the only really high devices coming to Verizon this year. If you can, I'd waiti it out till January for CES. I'm sure we'll see at least 2 or 3 powerful Verizon-bound phones shown off.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Right now, the Droid DNA and Galaxy Note 2 are the only really high devices coming to Verizon this year. If you can, I'd waiti it out till January for CES. I'm sure we'll see at least 2 or 3 powerful Verizon-bound phones shown off.

Yeah but who knows how long it'll be before they actually come out. Remember the Bionic? It's usually months before phones shown at CES come out.

tbro4033

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So...rumors of "multiple nexus devices" seems to have become multiple tablets with a single phone exclusive to tmobile. I really have been holding out for a new nexus device on vzw, but I feel like without any new rumors/leaks/announcements, there definitely won't be one on vzw before 2013. Anybody hear of any nexus coming to vzw before 2013? I can't imagine google would make the only new nexus exclusive to a smaller carrier and not release one for vzw OR att. Just doesn't make economic sense for google to not release anything for them...

Schwermzilla

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I think that the DNA will be their big holiday push, the way Verizon fumbled the galaxy nexus I wouldn't expect Google to cater to vzw much any more. I'm hoping we see a nexus 4 but I don't think it will be till 2013 if at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

spooky981

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Currently have a Galaxy Nexus. Would have liked a Nexus 4 but that's out of the question. Besides the S4, what else can we expect from Verizon?

You can expect prices that are about 80% higher than other similar options, draconian controls over your device, and the slowest updates in the industry.

Anyone still with one of the top three carriers is voluntarily paying far too much for phone service. Switch to Straight Talk, or if unlimited data is still important to you then T-Mobile's Unlimited value. But please stop burning money every month - LTE isn't worth it.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You can expect prices that are about 80% higher than other similar options, draconian controls over your device, and the slowest updates in the industry.

Anyone still with one of the top three carriers is voluntarily paying far too much for phone service. Switch to Straight Talk, or if unlimited data is still important to you then T-Mobile's Unlimited value. But please stop burning money every month - LTE isn't worth it.

I have been trying to make this decision the last couple of days. I have the nexus now and love stock , but the HTC DNA looks nice. Verizon might charge more and delay their phones more than any other carrier but their customer service is great. Usually if have a problem with your phone they switch out for even if not in warranty. I was able to get this gnexus because of my thunderbolt problems. I don't know if you will have that option if I go prepaid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

You mean it's not worth it to you. I only pay like an extra 40 a month compared to if I switched my phones to straight talk. Close to half of that is spent on insurance which you wouldn't have on prepaid (an trust me, my wife needs insurance) so an extra 25 a month to have unlimited data on 2 lines doesn't seem like much to me, especially since I tether. Not to mention I'd have to pay to break the contracts on 3 lines. Also Verizon is going to have it's entire 3g network covered by 4G by mid 2013. Then we'll be able to get phones that do voLTE and the battery life will increase because 2 radios won't be running. I don't see any benefits to leaving. I would rather pay a little bit more and have the best all around coverage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci