What happened to rumors of multiple Nexus phones?

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and don't intend to switch just to get Nexus 4.
Also, Nexus 4 speed on T-mobile network may be comparable to Verizon LTE network but Nexus 4 in the current form is not gonna be fast on Verizon (I guess not even possible).

Is there a chance that we will see more Nexus phones by year end? I need to replace my almost 3 year old Droid X ASAP because the battery is bloated and the screen started to leak).
My last resort would be Galaxy S3 with CM10 ROM but I would love to have a true Nexus brother to my Nexus 7.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to point out-

Nexus 7 - ASUS gets early access to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Nexus 4 - LG gets early access to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Nexus 10 - Samsung gets early access to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Only one smartphone there, but there's three companies that got early access to Android in 2012.

:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to point out-

Nexus 7 - ASUS gets early access to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Nexus 4 - LG gets early access to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Nexus 10 - Samsung gets early access to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Only one smartphone there, but there's three companies that got early access to Android in 2012.

:)

So because Samsung made the nexus 10 they will push 4.2 before other OEMS????

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Interesting... I asked about rumored Nexus phones and got 3 completely off topic random responses.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I think their point is, there were rumors of multiple nexus devices. Which we ended up getting. Probably only going to be the one nexus phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... I asked about rumored Nexus phones and got 3 completely off topic random responses.

The rumor was supposedly "up to five OEMs getting early access to new versions of Android". You inferred that it would only involve smartphones.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I see now.
I guess that's it then. I could have sworn there were rumors of multiple PHONES though.

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. But it ended up being multiple Nexus devices. The Nexus 4, The refreshed Nexus 7, and the Nexus 10.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4g using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There was a rumor of 5nexus devices. Every one thought for sure it was 5 phones but its not. Nexus 4, nexus Q, nexus 7, and nexus 10. It looks like only 4 devices with one currently being retooled aka the nexus Q. The fifth device who knows
Ok, I see now.
I guess that's it then. I could have sworn there were rumors of multiple PHONES though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Kind of off topic but I had no idea the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 were made by different companies. Is there any physical difference in design between them??

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So we get multiple tablets but not multiple phones ..... so stupid. I guess I think this way because I'm just not really into the whole tab thing. I use my phone for the tab type tasks and a laptop for the other. I remember a few people trying to use a tab or ipad instead of a laptop in pharmacy school and they quickly found out it just doesn't work. I just don't see why people like the tabs so much....unless if you travel a lot for movies and web surfing...i dunno. I just feel if there is a market for multiple tabs then surely there is a market for multiple nexus phones.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The orginal rumors on multiple nexus devices switch from being multiple nexus devices and multiple nexus smartphones. So you already have your answer the multiple nexus devices was true not the smartphones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Feipang

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There has been some new about a nexus 3 made by samsung, but there is very limited information on it. The "proof" you can find is a picture said to be taken by a nexus 3 device. If you google "nexus 3" you should be able to find some information