Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

ROM
    Stock Sense 3.6 ICS 4.0.3

Default Re: Sprint Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Time to move on to hoping that the X Phone is available ...
    I wouldn't mind a revamped version of the Galaxy Nexus, maybe a Galaxy Nexus II. I just came from a Evo Design 4G (traded my nexus s 4g for it), and im loving it.

I could see a Galaxy Nexus II with a 4.8 inch screen, metal band like the s4, 8 meg back camera and 2 meg front camera, 2 gig ram and a snapdragon 600 processor(U.S variant). That, IMO, would be a terrific Nexus device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2, because Sprint users must be punished for not having GSM attenas and rapid updates.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by vincentallen2 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a revamped version of the Galaxy Nexus, maybe a Galaxy Nexus II. I just came from a Evo Design 4G (traded my nexus s 4g for it), and im loving it.

I could see a Galaxy Nexus II with a 4.8 inch screen, metal band like the s4, 8 meg back camera and 2 meg front camera, 2 gig ram and a snapdragon 600 processor(U.S variant). That, IMO, would be a terrific Nexus device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2, because Sprint users must be punished for not having GSM attenas and rapid updates.
    What's wrong with the Nexus 4?
    icyrock1 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    Doesn't work on Sprint...
    vincentallen2 likes this.

ROM

Have you seen this thread yet?

Nexus 4 = Total Fail?

Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Nexus 4 = Total Fail?

Yes, I posted on it several times

What's your point? It is sarcasm.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  
    Android Central Europe Editor

Hey guys.

I'd assume this is dead now. We know there were Sprint and AT&T LTE versions in testing late last year, but since January there's been absolutely nothing to suggest they'll see the light of day. Could still happen, but the time has probably passed.

The good news is there's no way Google can get away with not having LTE on this year's Nexus. Maybe. I hope.
    Thanked by:
    djw39 
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Dobie View Post
    Hey guys.

I'd assume this is dead now. We know there were Sprint and AT&T LTE versions in testing late last year, but since January there's been absolutely nothing to suggest they'll see the light of day. Could still happen, but the time has probably passed.

The good news is there's no way Google can get away with not having LTE on this year's Nexus. Maybe. I hope.
    I agree completely. The next big hope (depending on which rumors are true) for me are to see the X Phone and then keep hoping that the next Nexus is CDMA/LTE.

If this Moto "Ghost" thing comes out on Sprint and is smaller, more durable, water resistant (I think most Motorola products are?), and has LTE, I would most likely prefer it to the Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

ROM

Nexus 4 = Total Fail?

Yes, I posted on it several times

What's your point? It is sarcasm.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I had already seen that you posted on the Fail thread, but when you asked what was wrong with the Nexus 4, I couldn't help myself

As for a CDMA Nexus, I think we're out of luck. Google already commented on how the CDMA carriers hold off the updates, and I think Google just got fed up with them. Every new user sees Google's branding on the back, and they automatically blame them for the slow update (Nexus S 4G and Galaxy Nexus).

Motorola X phone, I believe AndroidCentral did an article not too long ago stating that they aren't releasing any phones until Motorola finishes their phones that were already planned before the buyout. I could be wrong, but I think the whole X phone is just hogwash for the next couple of years.

Last edited by vincentallen2; 04-13-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    return_0 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I had already seen that you posted on the Fail thread, but when you asked what was wrong with the Nexus 4, I couldn't help myself
    That's cool. I was just trying to find out what point you were trying to make

As for a CDMA Nexus, I think we're out of luck. Google already commented on how the CDMA carriers hold off the updates, and I think Google just got fed up with them. Every new user sees Google's branding on the back, and they automatically blame them for the slow update (Nexus S 4G and Galaxy Nexus).
    For now, at least. Hopefully in the future either VZW and Sprint will redeem themselves or they'll make the switch to GSM. I use a GSM carrier but I still hope something like this will happen because I want CDMA network users to truly experience the Nexus experience

Motorola X phone, I believe AndroidCentral did an article not too long ago stating that they aren't releasing any phones until Motorola finishes their phones that were already planned before the buyout. I could be wrong, but I think the whole X phone is just hogwash for the next couple of years.

That's possible. But if an X Phone is indeed released later this year, I'm sure it'll be released on all carriers.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Here's hoping for vzw to go volte this year. It might be possible to have a nexus on vzw if its volte because LTE is a gsm technology and the LTE spectrum license makes carriers accept unlocked phones. One can hope at least...

Sent from my cm10.1 SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe?

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post

Maybe?
    If true, I'd likely buy it. The source article that android community is citing links directly to this thread
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 04-19-2013 at 03:19 PM.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post

Maybe?
    If Google does this and gives Verizon and Sprint a second chance, they better not screw this one up. Hopefully the possible Sprint-Dish merger doesn't affect this.
    Darth Spock likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

I have a relative marketer/beta tester for who works at sprint, and when I asked him about the nexus 4's chances for sprint, he said "The Nexus 4 really hasn't sold that well, the GSIII sold a lot more phones. I mentioned the play store hadn't been able to keep up, and he said that it still hadn't been that popular. That said, he never actually answered the question.......So it's still possible?

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    I have a relative marketer/beta tester for who works at sprint, and when I asked him about the nexus 4's chances for sprint, he said "The Nexus 4 really hasn't sold that well, the GSIII sold a lot more phones. I mentioned the play store hadn't been able to keep up, and he said that it still hadn't been that popular. That said, he never actually answered the question.......So it's still possible?
    If Google makes a CDMA version, 0% chance Sprint passes on it. It's done very well converting people to T-Mobile, what carrier wouldn't want to ride on that train?

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    If Google makes a CDMA version, 0% chance Sprint passes on it. It's done very well converting people to T-Mobile, what carrier wouldn't want to ride on that train?
    Than again, we don't know for certain that google is making a cdma one, and it's quite possible google won't let sprint have the N4 unless they comply with certain rules (Instant updates, for example)
    Thanked by:
    vincentallen2 likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123