CES 2013 Excitement?

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What manufacturers are you guys looking forward to / hoping show off new hardware at CES 2013 in January? Feel free to post rumors if you heard any too!

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd LOVE to see Moto put something out. I feel like they can do so much better than the new RAZR HD line. MAYBE (and it's a big maybe, btw), a Moto Nexus? But then, VZW would never allow it on their network unlocked, even if it did have LTE. So...I'm not sure.

Logic would say that Sammy is due a new flagship. The S3 is nearly a year old, and so it may be time to update their line, unless they plan on the Note II being their flagship for a while. But I feel like that's more of a niche phone than a flagship.

I'd LOVE to see HTC put out an upgrade to their One series. I probably wouldn't see if though since the DNA just came out on VZW, but I still would love to see them come back. I eagerly await the day their financials reflect the quality of their products.

LG just took on the world with the Nexus 4 and Optimus G. I just hope they can handle the new demand that's coming their way, and hope the Nexus 4 shipping debacle isn't a recurring thing.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
MWC is Feb.

You won't here anything about a new Note at CES. They only launched the latest in September. It'll likely be IFA 2013 for the Note 3.

Samsung are still only 6 months on from launching the S3 also. And traditionally Sammy big name devices hit Europe first.

Look for the usual suspects at CES. Stuff that'll hit the states first.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know of anything lol.

An s4 would be a private event(and it's too soon unless they want a quick turn around). Maybe an s3+ or something?

Doubtful, but maybe an lte/cdma nexus 4?

I'm sure htc will have something like an update to the one line.

Asus will probably announce its next round of devices.

Sony will have something cool probably.

Sammy I can see announcing a tablet.

Unless Google is putting moto to work on something, I can't see them bring anything interesting to the table. Maybe a razr super maxx hd plus ultra 2 black gold edition?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Unless Google is putting moto to work on something, I can't see them bring anything interesting to the table. Maybe a razr super maxx hd plus ultra 2 black gold edition?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Hahaha, I was thinking the Moto Platinum :p But I agree, I have no idea what they would bring to the table.. Could we be seeing the first round of Google developed devices from Moto yet? Or still too soon do you think?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha, I was thinking the Moto Platinum :p But I agree, I have no idea what they would bring to the table.. Could we be seeing the first round of Google developed devices from Moto yet? Or still too soon do you think?

I predict not till next fall or summer at the earliest, however I do expect a Google branded devise from moto next year.

Google has said that they will not show favoritism to moto, and they haven't so far. We will see if that holds forever or not. The real value in moto was their patents, not their company. So Google may never truly use them to build hardware. The way that Google has been supposedly allowing partners to work with them on Site makes me think that they may just leave moto alone as long as it doesn't go under. Or they may just allow moto to go under if they hit another rough patch and call it a day. It's all speculation at this point...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing where Sony and Motorola are going with their designs in 2013. Looking forward to MWC as well.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've really enjoyed my RAZR Maxx. I skipped the HD because I didn't feel it was worth it. I'm looking forward to the successor of the HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

MANdroidd

Banned
Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
With such great choices now I cant imagine how much better the next generation of phone is going to get. I dont think any of the flagship phones will get bigger than the note though. But who knows. Everyone thought the Note was too big at first.

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So it sounds like we have some exciting new 1080p devices coming out next year, LG with a 2 ghz phone maybe, Sony has a 1080p display for CES I believe, Samsung which we knew was rumored to bring one too. I'm very excited.

I really hope they all have on screen keys though :)

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Samsung has a due flagship. It's not even 8 months since the S3 came out and I don't think we'll see a S4 before May. Apparently Samsung is working on flexible OLEDs so if they go with them, I think there will be some time before we see a Galaxy S4. It could be a one device for everything and the ultimate phone cum tablet.

I just get a feeling that the Note 2 is last iteration in the phablet area for Samsung. Rumors put the S4's display at 5" so that is venturing into phablet territory already. And if there is a Note 3, I think we would see some cannibalization of market shares. Of course my argument is moot if they increase the size of the Note again. And the Note 2 sold 5 million units in 2 months so it is not a niche device anymore.

I agree that LG has burst on the scene with the Optimus G and Nexus 4. The Nexus 7 did wonders for Asus as shown by their quarterly reports so I am happy for LG.

Now that I think about it (referring to Sammy talk), you're right. Its not even 8 months. Compared to the last 2 years of releases, that's an eternity! The S3 does seem to still have a lot of steam and pull in sales. I also agree on the note 2. It seems popular, but its certainly not practical enough to be a flagship phone.

I'm mostly waiting for moto. I really hope (with or without warrant) they put something great out soon. I'd probably be happy with a RAZR HD, but I think they can do so much better. I think I'll wait until at least CES before pulling the trigger on an upgrade.

As for LG, while their optimus g and N4 are amazing phones, I can't shake the feeling that they are part of the reason Google is having such a hard time selling the nexus 4. Maybe they don't have the resources to build so many at a time? I hope they can keep up with the demand they just earned...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC but I looked at the event list and HTC was not listed. The HTC M7 is what I am most interested in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
MWC will be a better event IMO. CES13 will more than likely be centered around Television sets, and Tablets. MWC will of course be about Mobile.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC but I looked at the event list and HTC was not listed. The HTC M7 is what I am most interested in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Oh I agree. I'm a big HTC fan and I love my current phone (evo LTE) but... If the rumors are true about the m7, I'm very excited

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh I agree. I'm a big HTC fan and I love my current phone (evo LTE) but... If the rumors are true about the m7, I'm very excited

I ordered a T-mibile One S to hold me over and if the HTC M7 doesn't come out for T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs