Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: HTC M7

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post

"Rumors began appearing earlier this month that HTC was developing a new flagship smartphone codenamed the M7, and the always-prolific @evleaks has followed-up with its own details. As reported on Unwired View, the M7 is said to improve upon HTC's current flagship Android phone, the One X, nearly across the board: with a 4.7-inch HD display at 468ppi (reportedly called a SoLux display), a 1.7GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and LTE and HSDPA radios. The M7 will also reportedly carry an improved camera with a 13-megapixel sensor and an f/2.0 lens. Evleaks says that the M7 should be headed to Verizon and Sprint, and that there's a possibility it could be the first smartphone since the HTC Touch Pro 2 to be offered on the four largest US carriers. We'll find out soon enough that is, if the phone is revealed at Mobile World Congress as rumored."
    This is the rumor I've read at two different sites, and if this phone has a removable battery, it could easily be my next phone instead of the S4.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    This is the rumor I've read at two different sites, and if this phone has a removable battery, it could easily be my next phone instead of the S4.

At this point the chances of having a removable battery are as good as seeing BigFoot riding a Unicorn. (Of course now i'll get pics of Chewbacca on Pegasus.)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah I think by the end of next year 7 out of 10 will be nonremovable vs the other way around like it is now

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Yeah I think by the end of next year 7 out of 10 will be nonremovable vs the other way around like it is now

Plus wireless charging.

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

It seems HTCs answer to the Galaxy S4 has come early.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hossman12 View Post
    It seems HTCs answer to the Galaxy S4 has come early.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3
    The One X was the answer for the S3 as well but did not get the carrier support it needed.

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Or oem support. I said it earlier I cannot look sideways anywhere without seeing an sgs3. I could probably count the one X commercials I have seen on three hands

Darth Spock and crowrb29 like this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Or oem support. I said it earlier I cannot look sideways anywhere without seeing an sgs3. I could probably count the one X commercials I have seen on three hands

I believed AT&T was in charge of marketing for the One X due having exclusive rights to sell them and in the US. HTC isn't the blame IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Solve
    Answer
    ______
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
    Been seeing some buzz on the next HTC flagship device. Apparently called the M7 and will feature a 5" 1080p display, Qualcom APQ8064 Snapdragon S4Pro and a 13 megapixel camera.

I'm wondering if this phone is the reason some people thought the DNA was going to have a 2500mah battery.

60% of the time it works every time!
    *Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*
    It is going to be a 4.7 inch one not a 5

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Hope it makes it to VZW. Just got the DNA, it's awesome, but I'd love a slightly smaller screen and more on-board storage. I've got 5 upgrades coming up in 2013, gonna be a good year for me!
    HTC One (Blue)
    HTC One (Silver)
    HTC Droid DNA Employee Edition 00960
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

The13 megapixel camera attracts me most. All high-end smartphone in the market now generally have a 8 megapixel camera. And the Nokia Lumia 920 is said to own a better camera than iPhone 5.
    Can't wait to see how better can the camera be if the M7 is really going to launch in the future. Hope HTC M7 will help HTC regain its foothold in the mobile space.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

I just hope HTC finally is able to launch the same device on all the major carriers so that we get access to it. I waited all year for the One X to come somewhere other than AT&T. But it wasn't meant to be. If this happens again next year I'm just going to bring my own device to the network and hopefully it will be this one. I am over being burned by carrier exclusives. I actually kept and stayed with the same device for over a year because i was thinking the One X would make its way to T mobile. Next year I am going to be more proactive.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by corona10 View Post
    I just hope HTC finally is able to launch the same device on all the major carriers so that we get access to it. I waited all year for the One X to come somewhere other than AT&T. But it wasn't meant to be. If this happens again next year I'm just going to bring my own device to the network and hopefully it will be this one. I am over being burned by carrier exclusives. I actually kept and stayed with the same device for over a year because i was thinking the One X would make its way to T mobile. Next year I am going to be more proactive.
    I was disappointed too with the One X/X+ didn't come to t-mobile. Then I was pissed that HTC Deluxe was cancelled. I missed out on DNA and the Butterfly because they don't work on T-mobile. I defiantly tired of waiting to replace my HTC Thunderbolt.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

I thought the DNA was sim unlocked for gsm? So it should work with AT&T and TMO. Or did I read that wrong?

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by corona10 View Post
    I thought the DNA was sim unlocked for gsm? So it should work with AT&T and TMO. Or did I read that wrong?
    The DNA works technically on T-mobile but only on 2G. The DNA is missing the 1700 band that T-mobile uses for 3G.

Solve
    Answer
    ______
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

Default HTC M7

With VZW just getting the DNA - is it safe to say that the M7 will only be going to AT&T and/or T-Mo??
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    With VZW just getting the DNA - is it safe to say that the M7 will only be going to AT&T and/or T-Mo??
    I would have thought that as well, but the reports keep saying this phone will be coming to Sprint and Verizon. Of course, the reports could be wrong...

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For now the rumors are two out of the four major carriers will be getting M7 first while the others will get it later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Solve
    Answer
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    I would have thought that as well, but the reports keep saying this phone will be coming to Sprint and Verizon. Of course, the reports could be wrong...
    I remember reading a post on the AC Forums from someone who claimed to have seen Verizon's Roadmap and they indicated the DNA had a very short lifespan. I like the DNA but it seems like the phone is about a 1/2" too tall to fit in the front pocket of most of the pants I wear. A new HTC phone with a 4.7" form factor may be the perfect replacement for my Razr Maxx.

So you think the DNA is this year's Bionic? I can see that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

Default HTC M7

Maybe more like this year's Thunderbolt
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

How so? The Bionic was replaced by the Razr after about 84 days, I believe.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have TB and the DNA is not this years TB.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by djw39 View Post
    So you think the DNA is this year's Bionic? I can see that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    It's funny you mention the Bionic - I was actually going to make that comparison but then I deleted that portion of my post because I didn't feel that would be fair to the people who just bought the DNA. In my opinion the Bionic owners got screwed - they waited months for a phone that was hyped at CES and ended up with a phone that featured modest technology and a crappy screen. To add insult to injury, Motorola launched the Razr within just a few months of the Bionic and rendered the Bionic as being obsolete.

I think the DNA is a much better phone and people who buy one today won't have the same degree of buyer's remorse that the Bionic owners had. That said, I'm happy enough with my Razr Maxx that I think I'll wait to see what's released at CES.

Of all the new devices, rumored or otherwise, I hope the specs on the M7 turn out to be accurate because it intrigues me the most of all of them at this point. I happen to like Sense and HTCs build quality.

I'm going to be buying my next phone retail to keep my unlimited data on Verizon after doing the math on the bundle of dough I'll save over the course of 2 years as opposed to getting shunted into a "tiered plan". I use a lot of data via LTE.

I got to spend a little hands-on time in a Verizon store with the DNA and was really impressed with it but the 16gb storage (yeah I know, a USB OTG cable and thumb-drive solves the storage problem sort of) and the smallish battery (not quite a deal breaker, I learned my lesson with my TBolt and have power supplies in AC, DC and battery pack flavors stashed all over the place) were just enough to put me off dropping $600 on a device that doesn't quite press all my "drool" buttons completely.

Now, if the M7 hits the market at $700+ and the DNA drops below $500 .... hmmmm, that would put me in a quandary all right.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast