anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
HTC M7 rumored to replace One X in February with 4.7-inch, 468ppi screen and Sense 5 | The Verge

"Rumors began appearing earlier this month that HTC was developing a new flagship smartphone codenamed the M7, and the always-prolific @evleaks has followed-up with its own details. As reported on Unwired View, the M7 is said to improve upon HTC's current flagship Android phone, the One X, nearly across the board: with a 4.7-inch HD display at 468ppi (reportedly called a SoLux display), a 1.7GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and LTE and HSDPA radios. The M7 will also reportedly carry an improved camera with a 13-megapixel sensor and an f/2.0 lens. Evleaks says that the M7 should be headed to Verizon and Sprint, and that there's a possibility it could be the first smartphone since the HTC Touch Pro 2 to be offered on the four largest US carriers. We'll find out soon enough ? that is, if the phone is revealed at Mobile World Congress as rumored."​

I was disappointed the One X never came to all 4 carriers because with right marketing back with all that carrier exposure would made the One X hit in the US Market. Hopefully for 2013 HTC they can right their wrongs of 2012 with M7.

Ok, now you seriously have my interest piqued.

The mobile world is making things very complicated recently. Lots of good phones coming out in a short period of time. The next one I get has to be a two year commitment (the wife is tired of my phone switching) so this, the s4 and whatever else is release or announced by may will make life interesting

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now you seriously have my interest piqued.

The mobile world is making things very complicated recently. Lots of good phones coming out in a short period of time. The next one I get has to be a two year commitment (the wife is tired of my phone switching) so this, the s4 and whatever else is release or announced by may will make life interesting

I am done with two year contracts so I will be paying full price for my next phone. I prefer HTC smartphones so I am extremely excited for the HTC M7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sort of worried about phones being future proof. Aside from the increased Rom the specs in this aren't too much better than the dna/butterfly but then again maybe smartphone tech will plateau pretty soon. After all the specs of some of these phones are almost as good as the specs of computers that cost more and do less...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think in a lot of ways we are seeing it plateau now. How much more of the main components do we need beside storage space, gpu and battery? The other components may get more efficient but not so much as far as powerful goes

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm sort of worried about phones being future proof. Aside from the increased Rom the specs in this aren't too much better than the dna/butterfly but then again maybe smartphone tech will plateau pretty soon. After all the specs of some of these phones are almost as good as the specs of computers that cost more and do less...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I think in a lot of ways we are seeing it plateau now. How much more of the main components do we need beside storage space, gpu and battery? The other components may get more efficient but not so much as far as powerful goes

When Windows got to thre point where the OS and hardware met the general publics need is when we saw PC's plateau. Trying to compare computers to smartphones is not that simple. With computers we had a battle between Windows and Mac. The masses chose Windows as general standard for networking and then the general public determine scope functionality for PCs. The public setting limits and functions of PC help PC reach an point it could plateau.

With mobile technology we have yet to determine a standard within the vast array of mobile OS to build a coherent network across all platforms like with PCs. Then smartphones are also not at a point where hardware and software meet are general needs. These needs have no define line between smartphones primary purpose a phone or PC. It's seem we pushing for functionality to be as intricate as PC. If this true it's really unclear when mobile technology in general will plateau.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
HTC M7 rumored to replace One X in February with 4.7-inch, 468ppi screen and Sense 5 | The Verge

"Rumors began appearing earlier this month that HTC was developing a new flagship smartphone codenamed the M7, and the always-prolific @evleaks has followed-up with its own details. As reported on Unwired View, the M7 is said to improve upon HTC's current flagship Android phone, the One X, nearly across the board: with a 4.7-inch HD display at 468ppi (reportedly called a SoLux display), a 1.7GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and LTE and HSDPA radios. The M7 will also reportedly carry an improved camera with a 13-megapixel sensor and an f/2.0 lens. Evleaks says that the M7 should be headed to Verizon and Sprint, and that there's a possibility it could be the first smartphone since the HTC Touch Pro 2 to be offered on the four largest US carriers. We'll find out soon enough ? that is, if the phone is revealed at Mobile World Congress as rumored."​

This is the rumor I've read at two different sites, and if this phone has a removable battery, it could easily be my next phone instead of the S4.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
This is the rumor I've read at two different sites, and if this phone has a removable battery, it could easily be my next phone instead of the S4.

At this point the chances of having a removable battery are as good as seeing BigFoot riding a Unicorn. (Of course now i'll get pics of Chewbacca on Pegasus.) :D

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think by the end of next year 7 out of 10 will be nonremovable vs the other way around like it is now

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Or oem support. I said it earlier I cannot look sideways anywhere without seeing an sgs3. I could probably count the one X commercials I have seen on three hands

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Or oem support. I said it earlier I cannot look sideways anywhere without seeing an sgs3. I could probably count the one X commercials I have seen on three hands

I believed AT&T was in charge of marketing for the One X due having exclusive rights to sell them and in the US. HTC isn't the blame IMO.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Been seeing some buzz on the next HTC flagship device. Apparently called the M7 and will feature a 5" 1080p display, Qualcom APQ8064 Snapdragon S4Pro and a 13 megapixel camera.

I'm wondering if this phone is the reason some people thought the DNA was going to have a 2500mah battery.

http://htcsource.com/2012/12/htc-m7...snapdragon-s4-pro-and-uni-body-aluminum-case/

60% of the time it works every time!
*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

It is going to be a 4.7 inch one not a 5

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Hope it makes it to VZW. Just got the DNA, it's awesome, but I'd love a slightly smaller screen and more on-board storage. I've got 5 upgrades coming up in 2013, gonna be a good year for me!

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I just hope HTC finally is able to launch the same device on all the major carriers so that we get access to it. I waited all year for the One X to come somewhere other than AT&T. But it wasn't meant to be. If this happens again next year I'm just going to bring my own device to the network and hopefully it will be this one. I am over being burned by carrier exclusives. I actually kept and stayed with the same device for over a year because i was thinking the One X would make its way to T mobile. Next year I am going to be more proactive.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just hope HTC finally is able to launch the same device on all the major carriers so that we get access to it. I waited all year for the One X to come somewhere other than AT&T. But it wasn't meant to be. If this happens again next year I'm just going to bring my own device to the network and hopefully it will be this one. I am over being burned by carrier exclusives. I actually kept and stayed with the same device for over a year because i was thinking the One X would make its way to T mobile. Next year I am going to be more proactive.

I was disappointed too with the One X/X+ didn't come to t-mobile. Then I was pissed that HTC Deluxe was cancelled. I missed out on DNA and the Butterfly because they don't work on T-mobile. I defiantly tired of waiting to replace my HTC Thunderbolt.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought the DNA was sim unlocked for gsm? So it should work with AT&T and TMO. Or did I read that wrong?

The DNA works technically on T-mobile but only on 2G. The DNA is missing the 1700 band that T-mobile uses for 3G.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
With VZW just getting the DNA - is it safe to say that the M7 will only be going to AT&T and/or T-Mo??