Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Default HTC M7

Been seeing some buzz on the next HTC flagship device. Apparently called the M7 and will feature a 5" 1080p display, Qualcom APQ8064 Snapdragon S4Pro and a 13 megapixel camera.

I'm wondering if this phone is the reason some people thought the DNA was going to have a 2500mah battery.

60% of the time it works every time!
    *Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: HTC M7

I doubt it but it sounds like a great little phone

What's the difference between this and the Droid DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by artakartel View Post
    It's too early to tell based on what I've read.

The hope is the new phone will have more memory, a bigger battery and an even better camera. In a perfect world it will turn out to be the rumored Nexus 5 that dropped off the radar screen a couple of months ago.

It's odd that AC hasn't had a story about the M7 yet....
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

whats so perfect about it being a Nexus? I think the M7 is too much of a rumor to have it show on AC yet, especially since the DNA needs some time in the spotlight. When the show comes closer, then you will see some rumors published...

I really don't think we will see anymore Nexus devices until next November...unfortunately. I just don't see manufacturers releasing a stock device to the public. I mean, carriers would flip lol

Quote Originally Posted by artakartel View Post
    Looks we might see a metal case in addition to the beefier camera.

see this...
    technoholik.com/news/mobile/smartphone/htc-m7-could-be-the-companys-2013-flagship-will-sport-a-5inch-hd-display/4417

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    whats so perfect about it being a Nexus?
    I'd prefer a Nexus device for the following reasons:

-- Faster updates
    -- No blocked programs (e.g. Google Wallet)
    -- No carrier bloatware
    -- No carrier branding
    -- More accessory options due to widespread sales volume

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    quikric likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I am not going to reopen the debate between a Nexus and other flavors of Android, it is pointless. Especially since this hopefully won't be one

ROM
    Stock

I dont think this needs to be a Nexus at all. A fresh version of Sense, however...?

How nice would it be to see a new version of sense and a universal phone strategy (like Samsung and Apple) to get HTC going again? Their hardware is already top-notch.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Sense needs to trim down a bit (from what I have seen from custom rom makers) but I can agree with what you are saying. HTC hardware is nice...

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If looks as good as HTC One X and HTC Butterfly and works on t-mobile then I am down to get one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Should be out in jan

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That would be great and actually not surprising because HTC has in the past launch international devices at CES.

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    That would be great and actually not surprising because HTC has in the past launch international devices at CES.

I check CES website and HTC is not on press event schedule.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

MWC on website shows HTC will be there.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This article talks HTC rumored cancel I presume 5in 1080p screen smartphone and I assuming rumors HTC M7 will be running only android.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

That's what they said today. Sounds sweet. Hope it's an EVO or that it at least makes it to sprint. I don't want to buy a crappy Samsung phone when I upgrade

blessedred likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

"Rumors began appearing earlier this month that HTC was developing a new flagship smartphone codenamed the M7, and the always-prolific @evleaks has followed-up with its own details. As reported on Unwired View, the M7 is said to improve upon HTC's current flagship Android phone, the One X, nearly across the board: with a 4.7-inch HD display at 468ppi (reportedly called a SoLux display), a 1.7GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and LTE and HSDPA radios. The M7 will also reportedly carry an improved camera with a 13-megapixel sensor and an f/2.0 lens. Evleaks says that the M7 should be headed to Verizon and Sprint, and that there's a possibility it could be the first smartphone since the HTC Touch Pro 2 to be offered on the four largest US carriers. We'll find out soon enough that is, if the phone is revealed at Mobile World Congress as rumored."

I was disappointed the One X never came to all 4 carriers because with right marketing back with all that carrier exposure would made the One X hit in the US Market. Hopefully for 2013 HTC they can right their wrongs of 2012 with M7.
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 12-17-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post

That's what they said today. Sounds sweet. Hope it's an EVO or that it at least makes it to sprint. I don't want to buy a crappy Samsung phone when I upgrade

I will defiantly will pick up this phone even if half specs are true as long as it works on T-Mobile. LTE or HSPA+ doesn't mattered to me for M7 just as long as I have 3G.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post

"Rumors began appearing earlier this month that HTC was developing a new flagship smartphone codenamed the M7, and the always-prolific @evleaks has followed-up with its own details. As reported on Unwired View, the M7 is said to improve upon HTC's current flagship Android phone, the One X, nearly across the board: with a 4.7-inch HD display at 468ppi (reportedly called a SoLux display), a 1.7GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and LTE and HSDPA radios. The M7 will also reportedly carry an improved camera with a 13-megapixel sensor and an f/2.0 lens. Evleaks says that the M7 should be headed to Verizon and Sprint, and that there's a possibility it could be the first smartphone since the HTC Touch Pro 2 to be offered on the four largest US carriers. We'll find out soon enough that is, if the phone is revealed at Mobile World Congress as rumored."

I was disappointed the One X never came to all 4 carriers because with right marketing back with all that carrier exposure would made the One X hit in the US Market. Hopefully for 2013 HTC they can right their wrongs of 2012 with M7.
    Ok, now you seriously have my interest piqued.

The mobile world is making things very complicated recently. Lots of good phones coming out in a short period of time. The next one I get has to be a two year commitment (the wife is tired of my phone switching) so this, the s4 and whatever else is release or announced by may will make life interesting

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ok, now you seriously have my interest piqued.

The mobile world is making things very complicated recently. Lots of good phones coming out in a short period of time. The next one I get has to be a two year commitment (the wife is tired of my phone switching) so this, the s4 and whatever else is release or announced by may will make life interesting

I am done with two year contracts so I will be paying full price for my next phone. I prefer HTC smartphones so I am extremely excited for the HTC M7.

Solve
    Answer
    ______
    coronaboy10 likes this.

I'm sort of worried about phones being future proof. Aside from the increased Rom the specs in this aren't too much better than the dna/butterfly but then again maybe smartphone tech will plateau pretty soon. After all the specs of some of these phones are almost as good as the specs of computers that cost more and do less...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I think in a lot of ways we are seeing it plateau now. How much more of the main components do we need beside storage space, gpu and battery? The other components may get more efficient but not so much as far as powerful goes

Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    I'm sort of worried about phones being future proof. Aside from the increased Rom the specs in this aren't too much better than the dna/butterfly but then again maybe smartphone tech will plateau pretty soon. After all the specs of some of these phones are almost as good as the specs of computers that cost more and do less...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I think in a lot of ways we are seeing it plateau now. How much more of the main components do we need beside storage space, gpu and battery? The other components may get more efficient but not so much as far as powerful goes

When Windows got to thre point where the OS and hardware met the general publics need is when we saw PC's plateau. Trying to compare computers to smartphones is not that simple. With computers we had a battle between Windows and Mac. The masses chose Windows as general standard for networking and then the general public determine scope functionality for PCs. The public setting limits and functions of PC help PC reach an point it could plateau.

With mobile technology we have yet to determine a standard within the vast array of mobile OS to build a coherent network across all platforms like with PCs. Then smartphones are also not at a point where hardware and software meet are general needs. These needs have no define line between smartphones primary purpose a phone or PC. It's seem we pushing for functionality to be as intricate as PC. If this true it's really unclear when mobile technology in general will plateau.

Solve
    Answer
    ______
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast