Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Default Re: Are the days of high-end smaller-screened phones at an end?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    The bumper on my truck is made of metal, and has absorbed all manner of things that would have destroyed a plastic version.

It also makes me sad that Samsung fanbois are worse than Apple fanbois ever have been. None of the people making these phones love you. You are just a number to them, a filthy meat-sack that carries a wallet.

#hate-them-all.
    Person typing in red here. I have both an old car that has metal bumpers and a new car that has plastic bumpers: I would trust my life more in my plastic bumper car any day.

Trust me I love old cars ( I have 3 of them).
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    The bumper on my truck is made of metal, and has absorbed all manner of things that would have destroyed a plastic version.

It also makes me sad that Samsung fanbois are worse than Apple fanbois ever have been. None of the people making these phones love you. You are just a number to them, a filthy meat-sack that carries a wallet.

#hate-them-all.
    Sad, isn't it? People become the very thing they hate
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
    Ry likes this.

My point exactly. People don't care because it doesn't matter. The device is smooth. If the device was laggy people might care more when picking a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
    Ry and MERCDROID like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzmoney95 View Post
    My point exactly. People don't care because it doesn't matter. The device is smooth. If the device was laggy people might care more when picking a phone.

Indeed. People wouldn't love the iPhone as much as they do if it didn't work well and work smoothly. But it does, and yet it does all that without having amazing specs. I've seen how fast the iPhone 5 can switch between apps or open new ones, and I would never guess that it doesn't have top of the line internal hardware (although it is arguable that it does indeed) if I didn't know better.

Now: what are we arguing about again? ;-)

How the iPhone is the only high end smartphone that is small. I argued that it's internals aren't very high end for an android device besides the screen and the processor (to an extent)

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    People forget because those specs (RAM, processor) don't really matter to most people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    But yet we have a spec race in the big device consumers market. So that doesn't count?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The only real competition that Apple has in small form factor, AFAIK, is from Sony Xperia. And if you are going to pay $800 for the SX SO-05D, you might as well get the iPhone 5 -- Sony Xperia SX SO-05D availability? - xda-developers

I use the Xperia Ray which is smaller than all the iPhones, but have to compromise by only getting 2G on T-Mobile and slower speeds. The Ray is now 2 years old, but can be had for $250 off ebay.

after using the note 2 for 2 weeks, i dont think i would ever want to go to a smaller screen. when i pick up my ipod it seems so tiny in comparison. everything is much easier to see on a big screen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123