Nexus MP3/MP4 Device

Trax22

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
This is not exactly a rumored device, but it SHOULD BE!

I completely understand that the Nexus line is not supposed to sell, instead be a guideline.
But come on Google, you have a following. Take us under your wings.

There should be a flagship MP4 Nexus device to act as a guideline as well, which I personally dubbed Nexus "Play".

There are Android MP3/MP4 players out there but not one sporting the Nexus brand.

This ends my rant on the Nexus "Play". :p

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i have an ipod mini (previous generation that clips on clothing) for the gym and absolutely despise the thing. Google really should make an mp3 player so I don't have to support apple

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea, but it would require some serious work with the media apps to make them more visually appealing and functional to be truly successful as a media player. If they just want to make a small tablet however(like I pod touch), that they can do with no changes...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it would happen. They want you to embrace the cloud (which is impossible with these data caps and whatnot) so why would they make a media player that would need a lot of storage for music and video? Doesn't make much sense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trax22

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
With enough support, Google will make it happen. If we make ourselves heard or gather enough momentum to get some recognition it will become a reality.

If consumers demand, the vendor will supply.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I know I don't really want this. Most people probably don't want another device to carry around. I bet the only reason apple still sells I pods is because they have for so long and are essentially the mp3/mp4 market. Why would Google enter a dying market that's already basically a monopoly?

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I know I don't really want this. Most people probably don't want another device to carry around. I bet the only reason apple still sells I pods is because they have for so long and are essentially the mp3/mp4 market. Why would Google enter a dying market that's already basically a monopoly?

Actually the iPod sells very well. I have the 5gen touch that just came out and absolutely love the thing. A lot of people I know personally don't like to fill their phone up with music so they have a dedicated player for that. Usually the player also has a better audio chip inside of it as well so music will generally sound better from an iPod than our phone (most of the time, unless you have an iphone, HTC one series, Sony phone, or a gs3)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i have an ipod mini (previous generation that clips on clothing) for the gym and absolutely despise the thing. Google really should make an mp3 player so I don't have to support apple

Uh there are other, non-Apple music players out there that have built-in clips.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually the iPod sells very well. I have the 5gen touch that just came out and absolutely love the thing. A lot of people I know personally don't like to fill their phone up with music so they have a dedicated player for that. Usually the player also has a better audio chip inside of it as well so music will generally sound better from an iPod than our phone (most of the time, unless you have an iphone, HTC one series, Sony phone, or a gs3)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

While it probably has healthy numbers, all signs point to the iPod being on the decline.

The iPod is on life support | ZDNet

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The iPod may be on it's way out, but there's definitely one thing that would be great: a small screen android / Bluetooth MP3 player for working out. I hate taking my phone with me so I use a Sansa Clip+, but I still have to have wires dangling. With a small android-based BT 4.0 you could clip it to the shorts and have wireless headphone; great to have in a gym. And if you carried your phone with you if you got a call you could switch from the player to the phone and still keep the headphones on. But BT 4.0 stuff is just getting out, akaict.....

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Nexus MP3/MP4 Device

Well main reason why iPod touch was made is because back in the day iPhone was not so accessable, only in few coutries and lack of unlocked model, so they made similar device to increase iPhone OS userbase.... atleast thats what they siad in keynote

Only android device like that i know is samsung galaxy player, but unlike iPod touch hardware is being more downgraded then phone cousins and im not sure how it sells

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Why go back to carrying multiple devices? Through the cloud or through the internal storage the sgs3 handles music pretty well. Is size the issue? I am partial to the armband case or whatever you call it.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Tascar

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Honestly given the price of the Nexus 4 in relation to the iPod Touch, I could see myself getting one to use for that purpose, if only the Nexus 4 were available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith