Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 583
Like Tree126Likes
  1. #226  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,997 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,022 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Why? If they are making piles upon piles of cash why bother.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Same reply would apply to people asking for things like more internal storage, or expandable memory, etc.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
  2. #227  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    I just think a gs3 mini should have a quad core exynos, 12mp rear camera and a 720p super amoled 4 inch display like the real deal, or maybe it shouldn't be called a gs3 mini. Samsung makes too much junk anyway, for every galaxy s you have 20 galaxy junks

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    OK that didn't answer the question. Again if they are making ridiculous stacks of cash on the s3 and note 2 why bother both are hits what logical sense does it make to pay to start a manufacturing process to compete with their two top sellers.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #228  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,075 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    OK that didn't answer the question. Again if they are making ridiculous stacks of cash on the s3 and note 2 why bother both are hits what logical sense does it make to pay to start a manufacturing process to compete with their two top sellers.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    The incentive would be to make money on the ppl that would prefer such a device. But until someone makes such a device to compete, no one will know how lucrative that market is. It is a chicken or the egg type of thing.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  4. #229  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    The incentive would be to make money on the ppl that would prefer such a device. But until someone makes such a device to compete, no one will know how lucrative that market is. It is a chicken or the egg type of thing.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    So its clearly not lucrative enough or else they would try.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #230  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,075 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    So its clearly not lucrative enough or else they would try.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    There is nothing to say whether it is lucrative or not. Ever sense the one X came out, every high end device has been larger than before with nothing smaller to directly compare. No one has tried this market sense everything went large.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  6. #231  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    There is nothing to say whether it is lucrative or not. Ever sense the one X came out, every high end device has been larger than before with nothing smaller to directly compare. No one has tried this market sense everything went large.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    OK first off it's since not sense.

    Second if a company thought there was money to be made why would the avoid it like the plague.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #232  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    OK that didn't answer the question. Again if they are making ridiculous stacks of cash on the s3 and note 2 why bother both are hits what logical sense does it make to pay to start a manufacturing process to compete with their two top sellers.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Uh... Because I don't wanna carry a 46 inch plasma tv in my pocket? Because there is still a market for smaller phones? Seriously I must of missed something, apparently iphones don't sell anymore because there is no market for phones that don't give you more picture than your high definition television. Oh wait they still are selling!

    I can respect that people want larger devices but seriously I don't see how problem with multiple sizes. It just like the clothing industry, same shirt, 50 different sizes, whats the issue here?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Ry and RicanMedic78 like this.
  8. #233  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,997 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,022 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    Uh... Because I don't wanna carry a 46 inch plasma tv in my pocket? Because there is still a market for smaller phones? Seriously I must of missed something, apparently iphones don't sell anymore because there is no market for phones that don't give you more picture than your high definition television. Oh wait they still are selling!

    I can respect that people want larger devices but seriously I don't see how problem with multiple sizes. It just like the clothing industry, same shirt, 50 different sizes, whats the issue here?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    It's okay if some people need to compensate.

    Out of principle, my next phone will probably either be the DROID RAZR M or it's "normal"-sized successor.


    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  9. #234  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,075 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    OK first off it's since not sense.

    Second if a company thought there was money to be made why would the avoid it like the plague.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Simple, profit margins. Larger devices are cheaper to make. And when all the competition conforms to neglect a possible market section, no one has to worry about using sales.

    What is it going to take to overcome this? Someone has to take a risk and the market will have to show itself. Who will do this? No idea. Will it even flesh out? No idea. I think it will because of all the ppl I know that express their want for a small high end device, but that does not mean it will or it won't.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  10. #235  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I don't detest the idea of a bigger screen phones, however I wouldn't want anything the size of a Note because I like my phones on the smaller, traditional scale. I think I can trust companies to come out with reasonably sized phones and there will be something out there for everyone.
  11. #236  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I just like one hand usage, that's my issue


    You use a note your using 2 hands.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #237  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    327 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I'm always using my Note one handed if I'm not using the S-Pen.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Thanked by 2:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  13. #238  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    My gut tells me that blackberry is on the right track and will sell bb10 very well. And with ppl looking to apple and maybe even blackberry for high end more balanced devices, this is where i think the market with change. Since android manufacturers are not moving here, a lot of ppl will move else where. I'm willing to predict the end of the phablet by the end of 2014, 2015 the latest.

    And this notion that manufacturers know everything and only put out the right product all the time is ridiculous! Just ask Palm... Ask Motorola if they made any mistakes through the years. Ask RIM if they dropped the ball a few times. Bottom line, companies are not just born knowing everything! And realistically, this smaller / high end device segment could very well be an untapped and lucrative market!

    Android OEMs like Samsung could just have their eye off the ball here and be missing a market segment that could really put them over the top!

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #239  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Thought this was funny and interesting.

    I love that we have the Note 2 I think you may have misinterpreted my post.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  15. #240  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    My gut tells me that blackberry is on the right track and will sell bb10 very well. And with ppl looking to apple and maybe even blackberry for high end more balanced devices, this is where i think the market with change. Since android manufacturers are not moving here, a lot of ppl will move else where. I'm willing to predict the end of the phablet by the end of 2014, 2015 the latest.

    And this notion that manufacturers know everything and only put out the right product all the time is ridiculous! Just ask Palm... Ask Motorola if they made any mistakes through the years. Ask RIM if they dropped the ball a few times. Bottom line, companies are not just born knowing everything! And realistically, this smaller / high end device segment could very well be an untapped and lucrative market!

    Android OEMs like Samsung could just have their eye off the ball here and be missing a market segment that could really put them over the top!

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    I really think that the market is limitless. Size is different for everyone, but I hope we just continue to have good variety in size without compromising features.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  16. #241  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    OK that didn't answer the question. Again if they are making ridiculous stacks of cash on the s3 and note 2 why bother both are hits what logical sense does it make to pay to start a manufacturing process to compete with their two top sellers.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    To make even more money by serving a group of customers who are presently dissatisfied. Is that what you wanted to hear?

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
  17. #242  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Here come the HTC M4 leaks! 4.3", 720p. Unfortunately I predict it will be an exclusive on T mobile or something similarly useless...

    http://m.pocketnow.com/2013/02/01/htc-m4-g2

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  18. #243  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Finally now you guys can quit whining about not having a miniature.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #244  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Finally now you guys can quit whining about not having a miniature.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Your forum tone speaks as if you hate our desire for smaller devices. Trying to see the psychology behind that one, but anyhow.... That's not for this thread anyway. Moving along...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by 4:
    Ry and The Real X Dawg like this.
  20. #245  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    327 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Finally someone puts a good screen and camera in a smaller phone! HTC better learn from Samsung about marketing.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
  21. #246  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Finally now you guys can quit whining about not having a miniature.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    We get it, you like large phones, why do you care what everyone else wants?

    M4 does sound nice, a step in the right direction finally!

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #247  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    327 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Finally now you guys can quit whining about not having a miniature.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    No different than people wanting other features. At least smaller devices makes more sense than complaining about locked boot loaders and stock Android on non Nexus devices.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Ry likes this.
  23. #248  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,997 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,022 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    We get it, you like large phones, why do you care what everyone else wants?

    M4 does sound nice, a step in the right direction finally!

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    The M4 would be a step in the right direction if it met or beat the RAZR M/i bezel.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  24. #249  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Yeah and if it wasn't htc... Ugh after my flyer and Vivid I can safely say HTC isn't for me. If I ever get a carrier phone again, it's going to be a Samsung, hopefully they'll start releasing good phones in reasonable sizes again too.

    But I'm set for the next 2 years anyway lol

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  25. #250  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Personally, i would like to see a smaller size device (4.3in next to no bezel screen) in the Nexus branding. I also wouldn't mind it being Motorola with their "X phone" as well.

    Samsung doesn't impress me with their cheap feather weight plastic.

    HTC is nice, and the droid incredible 2 has served my nicely since its inception. But the lack of updates and the lack of control over carrier's interests worries me.

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phone is too big to use with one hand
    By jmz768 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 08:33 PM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
  3. Emails are too big in stock email app
    By robyn25 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
  4. Attention Evo Owners - Is the phone too big?
    By archer7056 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
  5. Android users should not get too attached to their phones UI?
    By FrankTheTank369#AC in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions