Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

And personally I find 5+ inch phones to be quite useful and not just a gimmick like say a fingerprint scanner or siri lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)
    Banned

5 inches is perfect for me. Anything below 4.3 has proven impossible to type on. Tried iPhone 5 before. Horrid. I'll stick to 4.3 inches for now.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Central n ohios best View Post
    Thats the point. Appke is losing market share not gaining lol. The proof in the writing. All u gotta do is read the countless posts of people leaving ios. Way more than I see leaving android.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)
    Every report I have read says the iphone 5s is the single best selling phone this quarter. So how does that add up?

Sent from my iPhone using

Ms and u are in two different time reality zones then because I see either the one motox or the gs4 or note on tv and the web. I have saw a lot of commercials clowing the ip5s and c tbough lol.

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    ... If more ppl wanted phablets, Apple would not be in the lead right now based on single OEM competition

I think there's a bit more to it than that. Can you envision a Miley Cyrus, Beyance, or a Kanye West wielding the power of an Android phablet? I cannot, really. Jennifer Lawrence is more the complex Android wielding type, I choose to believe. Sorry, that was a bit irrelevant but my point is that some people need simple...and small...and bling....and the Fruit. Some do not.

CM on OgPro
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I think there's a bit more to it than that. Can you envision a Miley Cyrus, Beyance, or a Kanye West wielding the power of an Android phablet? I cannot, really. Jennifer Lawrence is more the complex Android wielding type, I choose to believe. Sorry, that was a bit irrelevant but my point is that some people need simple...and small.

CM on OgPro
    You just made my point

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

You just made my point

I think if Apple made a phablet Kanye and Fiddy would be all in. Simple and big.

CM on OgPro
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Every report I have read says the iphone 5s is the single best selling phone this quarter. So how does that add up?

Maybe because it just released? I wouldn't expect the S4 to be selling the most, it released at the beginning of the year. Android OEMs as a whole still sells more than Apple

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Android OEMs as a whole still sells more than Apple

And no phablet making OEM can compete on its own merit. More people love smaller quality phones! There's just no way around it. You literally "just" said it! Phabs are an impractical nitch product.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

And no phablet making OEM can compete on its own merit. More people love smaller quality phones! There's just no way around it. You literally "just" said it! Phabs are an impractical nitch product.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    On their own, no. Why? Because people who buy Android phones like choice, hence the many different kinds of Android phones there are. The iPhone by itself does not outsell all of the Android "phablets." If there was one Android OEM, it would sell a lot better than the iPhone (Android has more market share)
    People don't buy iPhones because they're small, they buy them because they're iPhones. If Apple comes out with a 4.7 inch iPhone next year, people will still flock to the stores and they will sell just as well.

tr-1 likes this.

On their own, no. Why? Because people who buy Android phones like choice, hence the many different kinds of Android phones there are. The iPhone by itself does not outsell all of the Android "phablets." If there was one Android OEM, it would sell a lot better than the iPhone (Android has more market share)
    People don't buy iPhones because they're small, they buy them because they're iPhones. If Apple comes out with a 4.7 inch iPhone next year, people will still flock to the stores and they will sell just as well.

Right! But go to 5+ and they'll be a backlash! Universally, 5+ is just not practical! It's funny how everyone who comments keeps supporting my view while fighting it at the same time! U guys just like to argue!

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Right! But go to 5+ and they'll be a backlash! Universally, 5+ is just not practical! It's funny how everyone who comments keeps supporting my view while fighting it at the same time! U guys just like to argue!

Sure, they'll be mad that the phone is 5+ inches, but they'll still buy it. By your logic, smaller sells more. If that were true, people would still be buying the 4S because it's smaller. When it originally came out, the iPhone was considered a good size, and the 4.3 inch Android phones were "big."
    That doesn't change the fact that people buy iPhones because they're iPhones. A lot of Apple fans would buy a bigger iPhone because moving to Android isn't an option.

Sure, they'll be mad that the phone is 5+ inches, but they'll still buy it. By your logic, smaller sells more. If that were true, people would still be buying the 4S because it's smaller. When it originally came out, the iPhone was considered a good size, and the 4.3 inch Android phones were "big."
    That doesn't change the fact that people buy iPhones because they're iPhones. A lot of Apple fans would buy a bigger iPhone because moving to Android isn't an option.
    I never denied that iphone fans want a bigger phone... Or even that the 4" iphone may be a tad bit too small. But even you, defending the phablet, still won't make a point and use 5+inches to make that point. You stopped at 4.7! Why? Because deep down, you too believe that after 4.7, you get into nitch territory!

Just admit it! lol

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

I never denied that iphone fans want a bigger phone... Or even that the 4" iphone may be a tad bit too small. But even you, defending the phablet, still won't make a point and use 5+inches to make that point. You stopped at 4.7! Why? Because deep down, you too believe that after 4.7, you get into nitch territory!

Just admit it! lol

I just used 4.7 as an example. I have an S4 and I'd be willing to go bigger if the phone is smaller (G2 has a 5.2 inch screen in the same footprint)

I just used 4.7 as an example. I have an S4 and I'd be willing to go bigger if the phone is smaller (G2 has a 5.2 inch screen in the same footprint)
    Apple's philosophy is to find the size that satisfies the most amount of customers. The iPhone has gotten to the point that I think we all agree that it has to grow. No one is arguing that. But collectively, the masses don't want 5in+ devices. They want quality high end practical devices, which is why Apple products resonates so much with people aside from the ecosystem.

If Samsung wants to make a special device and call it a Galaxy Note, hey, more power to them and the people that but it! But the S4 should def be smaller. By it also being 5inches, it makes literally no sense in terms of differentiating it's product line.

Same goes for any OEM trying to make a nitch product. Your basic flagship needs to be manageable and popular to the collective audience, and then u make your phablet nitch product! That's just my philosophy! But I know I'm right!

And just like your example above, I too agree that 4.7 (Moto X style) is the sweet spot!

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Apple's philosophy is to find the size that satisfies the most amount of customers. The iPhone has gotten to the point that I think we all agree that it has to grow. No one is arguing that. But collectively, the masses don't want 5in+ devices. They want quality high end practical devices, which is why Apple products resonates so much with people aside from the ecosystem.

If Samsung wants to make a special device and call it a Galaxy Note, hey, more power to them and the people that but it! But the S4 should def be smaller. By it also being 5inches, it makes literally no sense in terms of differentiating it's product line.

Same goes for any OEM trying to make a nitch product. Your basic flagship needs to be manageable and popular to the collective audience, and then u make your phablet nitch product! That's just my philosophy! But I know I'm right!

And just like your example above, I too agree that 4.7 (Moto X style) is the sweet spot!

In my opinion the sweet spot is between 4.7 and 5.2 (Big window) but that's just me. There is still a big difference between the Note line and the S line. Anyone with a Note 3 feels that the S4 is too small and vice versa. I'd personally like a slightly bigger Moto X (4.85/4.9 would be perfect) and because of the small bezels, the phone isn't very big. The S4 is great, but with the bezels (not big but not thin either) it can be hard to reach all four corners. Apple has room for improvement with those thick bezels. They could easily fit a 4.5 inch screen in the same footprint.

tr-1 likes this.

In my opinion the sweet spot is between 4.7 and 5.2 (Big window) but that's just me. There is still a big difference between the Note line and the S line. Anyone with a Note 3 feels that the S4 is too small and vice versa. I'd personally like a slightly bigger Moto X (4.85/4.9 would be perfect) and because of the small bezels, the phone isn't very big. The S4 is great, but with the bezels (not big but not thin either) it can be hard to reach all four corners. Apple has room for improvement with those thick bezels. They could easily fit a 4.5 inch screen in the same footprint.
    We can agree! And that's probably the size Apple needs to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    There getting a little big, but so long as there is choice it doesn't matter. I'd like to see more high end choice in the 4.0 to 4.5 inch realm. It will be interesting to see if smart-watches catch on and to see if someday a smart-watch becomes a stand alone cell phone.
    I guess you missed the . That "someday" is already here. In fact you have been able to get smartphone watches for a while if you looked on eBay, but they weren't much good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    jdbii likes this.

It's never "too big" until no one buys them anymore. What's wrong with having a choice? Phablets are extremely popular in Asia partly because many can't afford a tablet AND a phone and phablets are a great compromise. Phablets are popular here as well and sale numbers prove it.

Anyone who says they are impractical.... it's only YOUR opinion so please don't try to make it a fact. 5-6" is impractical to you and 4" is impractical to those who pick phablets.
    This is one of the most pointless threads I've seen in a while. Can't believe it got 15 pages already.

I guess this kind threat could make sense on an Apple blog since there's only one screen size and no choice but with Android you got any imaginable size (even pure Android phones now)

Default Are phones getting too big?

Quote Originally Posted by tr-1 View Post
    It's never "too big" until no one buys them anymore. What's wrong with having a choice? Phablets are extremely popular in Asia partly because many can't afford a tablet AND a phone and phablets are a great compromise. Phablets are popular here as well and sale numbers prove it.

Anyone who says they are impractical.... it's only YOUR opinion so please don't try to make it a fact. 5-6" is impractical to you and 4" is impractical to those who pick phablets.
    This is one of the most pointless threads I've seen in a while. Can't believe it got 15 pages already.
    Many ppl buy phablets because the highest specs are only available there. If you truly like choice, as you and others advocate, then you would also want to see top notch specs in a manageable size too. Once you see that, like the iphone, I'm pretty sure the market will react and bring it down a notch! Nothing pointless about that idea.

Many ppl buy phablets because the highest specs are only available there. If you truly like choice, as you and others advocate, then you would also want to see top notch specs in a manageable size too. Once you see that, like the iphone, I'm pretty sure the market will react and bring it down a notch! Nothing pointless about that idea.
    I HIGHLY doubt many buy phablets because they have higher specs. Note 3 has an extra gig of memory, so what? Spec shoppers are the minority. I have 2 friends with Notes and both don't even know what's inside.
    In any case, what you said about top notch smaller phone is a completely different subject. I have Moto X (came from GS4) and to me it's a perfect phone in terms of built materials and performance.

Riiiiight.....and it has nothing to do with having a nice big screen. Phablets are the best of both worlds.....great specs and nice big screen. Sweet spot? Well everyone's idea of a sweet spot is different. Thank God you don't make tech.

Quote Originally Posted by tr-1 View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt many buy phablets because they have higher specs. Note 3 has an extra gig of memory, so what? I have 2 friends with Notes and both don't even know what's inside.
    In any case, what you said about top notch smaller phone is a completely different subject. I have Moto X (came from GS4) and to me it's a perfect phone in terms of built materials and performance.
    Specs is everything for this strange market trend. You only have to read the news blogs to get that trend. Moto X got hit hard when it first came out because ppl didn't get the snapdragon 800 or a 1080p screen or 2 gb of ram. Once u make a flagship with specs that tech junkies can gloat over, like the iphone, it'll sell like hotcakes and kill the phablet market.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion78 View Post
    Riiiiight.....and it has nothing to do with having a nice big screen. Phablets are the best of both worlds.....great specs and nice big screen. Sweet spot? Well everyone's idea of a sweet spot is different. Thank God you don't make tech.
    No but Apple does... And they're pretty successful with it too!

Facts are delusional? Lol

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast