Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 678
Like Tree145Likes
  1. #426  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    There's actually a note 3 lite???? Smh!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uhh the original Note 3 is kinda expensive.

    Sent from my Venomous HTC One!
  2. #427  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    You should also walk around with a kitchen sink


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would make a good weapon/bat/table.

    Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
  3. #428  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    It would make a good weapon/bat/table.

    Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    So does a Note 3

    Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
  4. #429  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I wonder how big the Galaxy S5 screen will be, im planning to buy but not if its any bigger then S4/LG G2..

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  5. #430  
    Speedygi's Avatar

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,010 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock on all

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpejohn View Post
    I wonder how big the Galaxy S5 screen will be, im planning to buy but not if its any bigger then S4/LG G2..

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I think they eventually have to stop somewhere and I'm guessing the G2 ' s size is as far as they can go...

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  6. #431  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Yea, NOTE 3 is a big phone but it is sooo thin. I Carry this in pocket just as easily or easier than let's say my small palm pre 5 years ago. That was twice as thick. This phone leaves much less of a bulge in pocket than that phone did.

    THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
  7. #432  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I just heard the last Android Police podcast. There's a 6.2 or 6.9" phone which I think AT&T might be getting (or it might be sold unlocked). Forgot who makes it.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #433  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I just heard the last Android Police podcast. There's a 6.2 or 6.9" phone which I think AT&T might be getting (or it might be sold unlocked). Forgot who makes it.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Mega? They won't be carrying the Z ultra.

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  9. #434  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    So does a Note 3

    Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    Sony Z ultra would be a killer

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  10. #435  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    Galaxy Mega? They won't be carrying the Z ultra.

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    No, not the G Mega. It's something else from a Chinese company, that was at CES.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #436  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Ha, didnt took long time to break 6.8" record.
    Cube Talk 69 with 6.95" screen.
    http://tablet-news.com/2014/01/11/cu...-cpu-and-miui/

    Wonder who next to reach "max" 6.99" and can still call smartohone.

    Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
  12. #437  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Woo1 View Post
    Ha, didnt took long time to break 6.8" record.
    Cube Talk 69 with 6.95" screen.
    http://tablet-news.com/2014/01/11/cu...-cpu-and-miui/

    Wonder who next to reach "max" 6.99" and can still call smartohone.

    Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
    If you didn't feel like being a poo head, now you can!

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  13. #438  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    As long as we have choices, and there are plenty, I don't care how big or small they get. It just gives us more to choose from.
  14. #439  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    As long as we have choices, and there are plenty, I don't care how big or small they get. It just gives us more to choose from.
    We haven't had choices. No flagship in compact form factor is a lack of choices. That's starting to change now, but the argument never was about limiting choices. That's total fubar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. #440  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Ill be going from my HTC ONE to a moto X for this very reason...phones are getting a little big when you cant Bend down to pick something up when you have it in your front pocket lol
  16. #441  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    We haven't had choices. No flagship in compact form factor is a lack of choices. That's starting to change now, but the argument never was about limiting choices. That's total fubar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know what your talking about. There are all sorts of sizes out there. Maybe one manufacturer doesn't make a size that one person might want, but that hardly means we have no choices.

    The OP asked if phones were getting too big. That's like asking if tennis shoes are getting too big because Nike makes a size 18? People with big hands might want big phones, and that's OK as long as they keep making other sizes too.
  17. #442  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I don't know what your talking about. There are all sorts of sizes out there. Maybe one manufacturer doesn't make a size that one person might want, but that hardly means we have no choices.

    The OP asked if phones were getting too big. That's like asking if tennis shoes are getting too big because Nike makes a size 18? People with big hands might want big phones, and that's OK as long as they keep making other sizes too.
    We haven't had a 4.3-4.5 compact size with top of the line specs to be considered a flagship. The Moto X in some respects is a flagship and the new Sony Experia Z1 Compact is also a flagship, but before those 2, all "mini" smart phones were considered "low end" for the emerging market. It is somewhat changing a bit now, but no, there haven't been choices in every size. That's why ppl gravitate toward iphones instead. As Android users that love choice, I'm surprised how those of u that love big phones because of the choices..... don't support having flagship choices in a smaller size for the rest of us. You seem to want the bells and whistles in your Notes and GS4s, but when it comes to 4.3in screen size, you wonder why we don't think the downgraded specs is "good enough!"

    Lets see how Well a Note 4 sells with a dual core processor with 720 res screen at 5.5 inches and a meg of ram. It won't sell at all! So tell me again why this doesn't matter for us, but matters for you phab fans?
  18. #443  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    5 inches works for me. I wouldn't mind a Note 3 though

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  19. #444  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I have the Xperia ZL, which is the smallest phone with a 5 inch screen out there. That being said, I'm looking forward to picking up the Xperia Z1 Compact that's only going to have a 4.3 screen. It's the year of the smaller phone for me.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
  20. #445  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    I have the Xperia ZL, which is the smallest phone with a 5 inch screen out there. That being said, I'm looking forward to picking up the Xperia Z1 Compact that's only going to have a 4.3 screen. It's the year of the smaller phone for me.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    Is that available in the states?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  21. #446  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpejohn View Post
    I wonder how big the Galaxy S5 screen will be, im planning to buy but not if its any bigger then S4/LG G2..

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Probably going to max out at around the size of the G2. I wish they'd just put on-screen keys on their phones, and make the bezels smaller

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #447  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Is that available in the states?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Sony hasn't said yet. Hoping so, otherwise I'll have to go hunting for it.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
  23. #448  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    Sony hasn't said yet. Hoping so, otherwise I'll have to go hunting for it.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    Thanks. I hope so too. It seems as if you can buy a phone from the Sony website but I'm not sure.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #449  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Thanks. I hope so too. It seems as if you can buy a phone from the Sony website but I'm not sure.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, you can. Sony just drags on letting us order the phones the rest of the world get earlier. If I had to guess based on history, we'll probably be able to order from their website by like May or something.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  25. #450  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    Yeah, you can. Sony just drags on letting us order the phones the rest of the world get earlier. If I had to guess based on history, we'll probably be able to order from their website by like May or something.

    Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    Oh, that's good news! Thanks. :thumbup::beer:

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phone is too big to use with one hand
    By jmz768 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2014, 01:01 PM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
  3. Emails are too big in stock email app
    By robyn25 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
  4. Attention Evo Owners - Is the phone too big?
    By archer7056 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
  5. Android users should not get too attached to their phones UI?
    By FrankTheTank369#AC in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions