Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 553
Like Tree113Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I want a larger screen. I am small but I can handle the Note2. Looking forward to it. It is personal preference. That's why we have apple. Android ,windows blackberry. Plenty to choose from. I need a screen that can do more. Looks like o have found the perfect fit! Can't wait

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  2. #27  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I want a larger screen. I am small but I can handle the Note2. Looking forward to it. It is personal preference. That's why we have apple. Android ,windows blackberry. Plenty to choose from. I need a screen that can do more. Looks like o have found the perfect fit! Can't wait

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Exactly!!! People talk about how they love Android because it's about choice but then they open threads about the amount of choice we should have

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    rabernet likes this.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Democrats want one phone size for all, so no one feels left out! Us republicans want the biggest and baddest phone money can buy! So we can tease the not so fortunate!

    Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I think the Note 2 is the size limit any bigger than that then its a tablet.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Maybe I should rephrase what I meant to say. I am just saying that I think that there aren't a lot of smaller phones as in 4.3" or under that have the best specs or top of the line specs. I think that it is great that they are giving people the options, but I also think that manufacturers should give the people a choice of good specced smaller sized phones.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    Democrats want one phone size for all, so no one feels left out! Us republicans want the biggest and baddest phone money can buy! So we can tease the not so fortunate!

    Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    I am a republican by the way. Republicans rule!!!

    Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
  7. #32  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    Maybe I should rephrase what I meant to say. I am just saying that I think that there aren't a lot of smaller phones as in 4.3" or under that have the best specs or top of the line specs. I think that it is great that they are giving people the options, but I also think that manufacturers should give the people a choice of good specced smaller sized phones.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
    They are given powerful devices within size constraints. Of course the smaller devices dont seem high end anymore when you compare them to bigger devices. You can't fit the power of the Note 2 into a 3.5inch phone . Even iphone knew this, you think they went bigger for a bigger screen NOPE! if that was the case they wouldnt have just made the thing longer, bigger screen was just an excuse to fit in a little more power.

    The reason you dont see a 1080P 4" phone is because it is extremely difficult to pull that type of resolution in a tiny screen. So as time goes on and bigger phones get more powerful smaller phones will seem like they are falling behind becoming low end devices when in fact they are just hitting their limits. Until micro electronics become someone even smaller then thy are going to hit a plateu
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    They are given powerful devices within size constraints. Of course the smaller devices dont seem high end anymore when you compare them to bigger devices. You can't fit the power of the Note 2 into a 3.5inch phone . Even iphone knew this, you think they went bigger for a bigger screen NOPE! if that was the case they wouldnt have just made the thing longer, bigger screen was just an excuse to fit in a little more power.

    The reason you dont see a 1080P 4" phone is because it is extremely difficult to pull that type of resolution in a tiny screen. So as time goes on and bigger phones get more powerful smaller phones will seem like they are falling behind becoming low end devices when in fact they are just hitting their limits. Until micro electronics become someone even smaller then thy are going to hit a plateu
    I agree with you 100%. I think that phones are hitting their limits because there at so many new features being added to them and they are running out of room to store the things inside them.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
  9. #34  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Exactly!!! People talk about how they love Android because it's about choice but then they open threads about the amount of choice we should have

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Last time i read it, it was about the lack of a choice. That choice being a high end smart phone with smaller screen...

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  10. #35  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Last time i read it, it was about the lack of a choice. That choice being a high end smart phone with smaller screen...

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    I addressed that a couple posts up

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  11. #36  
    zwj1234's Avatar

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Yes, One size does not fit all. 5-inch-plus phones are no longer strange now.
    Samsung launched its Samsung galaxy note 2 with a 5.5 inch display last year, and since then 5-inch or even bigger phones are starting to become common, such as HTC with the 5 inch Droid DNA, Sony’s new flagship phone -Xperia Z, and the world's biggest smartphone-Ascend Mate unveiled by China’s Huawei Technologies on Monday, features a 6.1-inch display.
    But I don't think bigger is better. 5.5 inch display is my limit.
    johnriii likes this.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    Maybe I should rephrase what I meant to say. I am just saying that I think that there aren't a lot of smaller phones as in 4.3" or under that have the best specs or top of the line specs. I think that it is great that they are giving people the options, but I also think that manufacturers should give the people a choice of good specced smaller sized phones.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
    The Droid Razr M is a good spec phone for a 4.3 inch screen.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  13. #38  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    They'll become too big when it is too clunky to use as a phone plus media center.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
  14. #39  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    The Droid Razr M is a good spec phone for a 4.3 inch screen.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    That's my point Razr M is half the process half the memory but its a great phone . But when people compare it to the note 2 then all of a sudden its a low end phone.

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    That's my point Razr M is half the process half the memory but its a great phone . But when people compare it to the note 2 then all of a sudden its a low end phone.

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    The smaller phones are slowly dieing off. The M was a last attempt at a smaller phone.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    There's GS3 mini ya know

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxySII View Post
    There's GS3 mini ya know

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Yes but what do u get? 1ghz instead of 1.5ghz... 1gb instead of 2gb.. you're proving the point a lot of people are making. For people that want 4-4.5in screens the high end choices are few and no doubt, dwindling. The GS3 mini is a joke that shouldn't even carry the S3 brand; Samsung just slapped it on there to sell more phones and honestly, it's a little misleading. My point is I have an S3.. buy the mini and I'll smoke you performance-wise.

    Sent from my MetroPCS GS3
  18. #43  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by hossman12 View Post
    Yes but what do u get? 1ghz instead of 1.5ghz... 1gb instead of 2gb.. you're proving the point a lot of people are making. For people that want 4-4.5in screens the high end choices are few and no doubt, dwindling. The GS3 mini is a joke that shouldn't even carry the S3 brand; Samsung just slapped it on there to sell more phones and honestly, it's a little misleading. My point is I have an S3.. buy the mini and I'll smoke you performance-wise.

    Sent from my MetroPCS GS3
    That's nice and all but try finding a lot of non phone nerds that would care about that. Seriously most of those people aren't squeezing every drop of power from their phones and can care less about the stat sheet. Even overclocked my phone is crushed by your S3 but that extra power would be wasted because my daily usage wouldn't need that power.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    johnriii likes this.
  19. #44  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Lol people buy phones with way more power than they need normally. The average user goes on fb and plays angry birds they don't need a powerhouse device they buy it because its popular.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #45  
    Nakrohtap's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    They are given powerful devices within size constraints. Of course the smaller devices dont seem high end anymore when you compare them to bigger devices. You can't fit the power of the Note 2 into a 3.5inch phone . Even iphone knew this, you think they went bigger for a bigger screen NOPE! if that was the case they wouldnt have just made the thing longer, bigger screen was just an excuse to fit in a little more power.

    The reason you dont see a 1080P 4" phone is because it is extremely difficult to pull that type of resolution in a tiny screen. So as time goes on and bigger phones get more powerful smaller phones will seem like they are falling behind becoming low end devices when in fact they are just hitting their limits. Until micro electronics become someone even smaller then thy are going to hit a plateu
    I agree with this statement. If they tried to put this technology into a smaller configuration, something would suffer. The battery compartment would not be big enough to house a battery that will give it decent life. If they tried to make it thicker to hold a fatter battery, some people would complain that a 10mm device is not "high end".
    To me, the reason I would love a phone in the 5-5.5" range is because I have no intentions on getting a tablet. I just can't justify having 2 devices that basically do the same thing with the same speed, except for the fact that you can't make phone calls on a tablet.
    I think of this size of phone as more of a crossover all-purpose size...like an crossover vehicle. If you can afford a full size truck and a compact, good for you. For most people, a small SUV or crossover does the trick just fine.
  21. #46  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I like the bigger phones. Works with my hands much more comfortably. As a media consumption device large screens are great.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I understand your point, OP. I suppose the thing to bear in mind is that people use their phones for a variety of different reasons. My boyfriend uses an iPhone 4 and thinks my Note 2 is insane! But then, he likes to have a compact phone that fits easily in his pocket; he is on the move a lot and has a relatively physical job. On the other hand, I work in an office and absolutely love having a bigger screen.

    It's great to have the choice on a variety of sizes, and personally I'm loving the whole phablet thing. ^_^ I adore my Note 2.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    It just depends on how you use your phone and how it fits into your personnel eco system.
    I was just @ CES and was hands one with a bunch of phones and the Lenovo K900, felt the best in my hands.
    I have big hands and it just works in my hands. It would make logging into RDC much easier for me, as well as typing etc..
    I like the Note 2, but my hand were love with the Lenovo phone ..... *sigh*
  24. #49  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    I agree with this statement. If they tried to put this technology into a smaller configuration, something would suffer. The battery compartment would not be big enough to house a battery that will give it decent life. If they tried to make it thicker to hold a fatter battery, some people would complain that a 10mm device is not "high end".
    To me, the reason I would love a phone in the 5-5.5" range is because I have no intentions on getting a tablet. I just can't justify having 2 devices that basically do the same thing with the same speed, except for the fact that you can't make phone calls on a tablet.
    I think of this size of phone as more of a crossover all-purpose size...like an crossover vehicle. If you can afford a full size truck and a compact, good for you. For most people, a small SUV or crossover does the trick just fine.
    No one ever said that I high end smaller devise would be easier or cheaper. It takes more competent engineers and usually more delicate manufacturing processes. Both of these do not come cheap. This is why manufacturers are so prone to push the sizes. With all of them dividing r&d budgets between half a dozen or more devises every year, they would rather shove 5" devises down the pike. Profit margins are greater along with the cookie cutter "mine is bigger than yours" marketing strategy that they can use.

    The only way to change this is to wait on a devise that fits the top tier category and buy the heck out of it. Until that devise comes, most ppl that want one will go for the Iphone or go bigger. I personally don't see it coming, so bigger I will be forced to go next purchase.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  25. #50  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    No one ever said that I high end smaller devise would be easier or cheaper. It takes more competent engineers and usually more delicate manufacturing processes. Both of these do not come cheap. This is why manufacturers are so prone to push the sizes. With all of them dividing r&d budgets between half a dozen or more devises every year, they would rather shove 5" devises down the pike. Profit margins are greater along with the cookie cutter "mine is bigger than yours" marketing strategy that they can use.

    The only way to change this is to wait on a devise that fits the top tier category and buy the heck out of it. Until that devise comes, most ppl that want one will go for the Iphone or go bigger. I personally don't see it coming, so bigger I will be forced to go next purchase.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are phones getting too big?-uploadfromtaptalk1357960859284.jpg  
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phone is too big to use with one hand
    By jz68 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 08:33 PM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
  3. Emails are too big in stock email app
    By robyn25 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
  4. Attention Evo Owners - Is the phone too big?
    By archer7056 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
  5. Android users should not get too attached to their phones UI?
    By FrankTheTank369#AC in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

B