Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223
Like Tree113Likes

Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlegal View Post
    I think it's a resource issue. The more powerful processors and high-pixel screens draw more power, and that requires a larger battery. So they make the phone larger to hold the battery.
    That is true. IOS is a totally different animal. It utilizes it's resources much better and is more simplified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Well, the S4 mini. Why does it need more powerful specs? To do exactly what better? I wonder, is it slow? More laggy than it's big sister? If it had the same processor and amount of RAM as it's big sister it would have much shorter battery life. Many would be very very unhappy with that. What is the solution?

Sent from 1 f IV 🔘
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Well, the S4 mini. Why does it need more powerful specs? To do exactly what better? I wonder, is it slow? More laggy than it's big sister? If it had the same processor and amount of RAM as it's big sister it would have much shorter battery life. Many would be very very unhappy with that. What is the solution?

Sent from 1 f IV 🔘
    Good question. I'm not exactly sure. I have both a Moto X and an iphone 5S and both are equally snappy after 6 months if use.

In fact, I find the Moto X screen to be clearer with greater color saturation than the retina display. Iphone has always run dual core. Not exactly the elite of processors. But in Apple's world, that doesn't matter.

Personally, I think it may be a design issue. Geeks do worry about specs, even if they're wrong. But average joes want eye candy, and the iphone gives them that. I think that's prob what makes the difference when it comes to minis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223