Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 553
Like Tree113Likes
  1. #126  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Media kids? I'm a little confused by this statement. So are you saying only adolescents enjoy the web, movies, music, and games? If so I believe you are sadly mistaken.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    jroc likes this.
  2. #127  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Lol@gimmick

    Try the droid RAZR M

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile



    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Media kids? I'm a little confused by this statement. So are you saying only adolescents enjoy the web, movies, music, and games? If so I believe you are sadly mistaken.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm trying to say that if you're a communications first kind of person, then function over form will matter to you. If you want to turn ur device into a playstation portable before anything else, then yes, its geared toward youth.... Or the blind... Either way, Apple hasn't shifted for a reason... And RIM, with all their past mistakes, still followed the "communications first" model which is good to see. Android manufacturers are getting so ridiculous right now, that i refuse to buy these phablets in protest! I give it at least another year or 2 before we see a shift back to normal again. Till then, I'll be forced to leave an os that i love, simply because of the lack of high end options, which is pretty sad for a platform that's supposed to be all about options.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  3. #128  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    I'm trying to say that if you're a communications first kind of person, then function over form will matter to you. If you want to turn ur device into a playstation portable before anything else, then yes, its geared toward youth.... Or the blind... Either way, Apple hasn't shifted for a reason... And RIM, with all their past mistakes, still followed the "communications first" model which is good to see. Android manufacturers are getting so ridiculous right now, that i refuse to buy these phablets in protest! I give it at least another year or 2 before we see a shift back to normal again. Till then, I'll be forced to leave an os that i love, simply because of the lack of high end options, which is pretty sad for a platform that's supposed to be all about options.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    There is no shift. People want bigger devices. The fact that you are posting from your nexus 7 proves that even you want to use a bigger device sometimes. Many people just choose a larger device for day to day communications as they can get more usage out of the one larger phone than having to buy a phone and a tablet.

    We've already argued this topic to death months ago, yet I think that sales of the Note 2 are solidifying the horrible truth that you may be seeing more larger phones not fewer. All these new features demand a bigger screen.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
  4. #129  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    If it is about communication first then I don't get where a phone's stats except maybe the camera would come into play. Power users that push their devices to the brink I can understand but for primarily communication? Sounds like having power just because you can.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
  5. #130  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    I'm trying to say that if you're a communications first kind of person, then function over form will matter to you. If you want to turn ur device into a playstation portable before anything else, then yes, its geared toward youth.... Or the blind... Either way, Apple hasn't shifted for a reason... And RIM, with all their past mistakes, still followed the "communications first" model which is good to see. Android manufacturers are getting so ridiculous right now, that i refuse to buy these phablets in protest! I give it at least another year or 2 before we see a shift back to normal again. Till then, I'll be forced to leave an os that i love, simply because of the lack of high end options, which is pretty sad for a platform that's supposed to be all about options.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    If you are communications first why do you need bleeding edged specs obviously any dual core standard def gingerbread or ICS device would do what you need in twice the speed you need it done. You are making a fool of yourself demanding a smaller high end phone only to use it for texting and phone calls. Angry birds alone has over 200,000 years of gameplay collectively and over 500 million downloads that's a casual game clearly showing that media is becoming important.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    The Hustleman and jroc like this.
  6. #131  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Why get a smartphone if all you care about is communication

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  7. #132  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    If you are communications first why do you need bleeding edged specs obviously any dual core standard def gingerbread or ICS device would do what you need in twice the speed you need it done. You are making a fool of yourself demanding a smaller high end phone only to use it for texting and phone calls. Angry birds alone has over 200,000 years of gameplay collectively and over 500 million downloads that's a casual game clearly showing that media is becoming important.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for making my point. Playstation generation! =)

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Ry and nj1266 like this.
  8. #133  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    Thanks for making my point. Playstation generation! =)

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Uh this isn't 2003. /)_-

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
  9. #134  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Why get a smartphone if all you care about is communication

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Sounds like a Blackberry Curve is all he needs.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  10. #135  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    Thanks for making my point. Playstation generation! =)

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Okay, then what is it that you want to use your phone for that requires it to be top spec? Because it does sound like there are plenty of phones available that do anything you need.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    jroc likes this.
  11. #136  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    Thanks for making my point. Playstation generation! =)

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I'm so confused by your bad logic I don't have angry birds by the way I was using it as a point. Yes these phones are used more and more for media I fail to see why you would need a smartphone if all you're doing is phone calls and texting. Clearly its becoming more important to the majority otherwise it wouldn't sell and since these phones are on a similar price bracket as the iPhone people could jump ship if they felt it was a big deal. Over 40 million s3's have sold with over 5 million note 2's in 2 months sold as well the numbers don't lie people like these phones.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    jroc likes this.
  12. #137  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Why do you guys monopolize this forum when this subject comes up. You add nothing to the discussion when 2 or 3 pro big phone supporters hog up the space and silence everyone else.

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #138  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    Why do you guys monopolize this forum when this subject comes up. You add nothing to the discussion when 2 or 3 pro big phone supporters hog up the space and silence everyone else.

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    I've taken your side on parts of this discussion many times in the past. It doesn't omit the fact that you are not making a valid point for not choosing a number of other phones that will easily do what you are needing them to do.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
  14. #139  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    I'm trying to say that if you're a communications first kind of person, then function over form will matter to you. If you want to turn ur device into a playstation portable before anything else, then yes, its geared toward youth.... Or the blind... Either way, Apple hasn't shifted for a reason... And RIM, with all their past mistakes, still followed the "communications first" model which is good to see. Android manufacturers are getting so ridiculous right now, that i refuse to buy these phablets in protest! I give it at least another year or 2 before we see a shift back to normal again. Till then, I'll be forced to leave an os that i love, simply because of the lack of high end options, which is pretty sad for a platform that's supposed to be all about options.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    There are choices for a smaller phone. Might not be the latest choice...but its a choice. RAZR M is smaller....Incredible LTE is smaller..RAZR, Maxx, RAZR/Maxx HD is still out, GS2 and 3 is still out...

    There are rumors Apple is doing a 4.8" phone. RIM's new Blackberry is bigger than the iPhone 5..the market dictates ppl want bigger phones. Its still the BB ...just bigger. You dont have to buy it . You dont have to buy a new phone too. Honestly....my RAZR was fine. Maxx and Maxx HD had a bigger battery. I could just stick with my RAZR and Maxx HD for the next 5-10 years if I could. I'm a communication first person.....its the reason I'm a Motorola fan. I also think the Droid 1 is too small now. I just dont like the bigger phones like the Notes. I dont knock those that do tho. if thats what they want, fine. I just dont at this time.

    Texting, typing urls, doing word processing type stuff on a phone....is better on a bigger phone. I would rather edit my resume on a GS3 or Maxx HD than my Droid 1.. A bigger phone isnt all about the Playstation generation. Depends on how you use your phone. If you are all about communication first....why care about high end options....If not for the chance for a better screen ...I coulda just got the Maxx. I want an FM Radio.....and I thought about getting the Bionic for a long time...and I still might if I dont see any FM Radios in US phones soon. I got the Rezound and G Nex right after I got my RAZR....and got burned because I'm a communication first person....and got caught up in the specs game. Communication first person....my reception is better on my Maxx HD vs my Droid 1. The bigger phones have more room for improved antennas or better placement. (RAZR M issues aside...lol) The Droid X1 had 2 antennas, I think all Moto phones going forward did. Starting with the Droid X1, multiple mics for better call quality. Communication first person here....
  15. #140  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    Why do you guys monopolize this forum when this subject comes up. You add nothing to the discussion when 2 or 3 pro big phone supporters hog up the space and silence everyone else.

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    If anyone's silenced it's because they lack good counterpoints. You just think you have good ones. It's blatantly apparent that this is a paradigm shift in the way we view this technology. No longer do we need to be attached to a desk we don't need to carry a DVD player with us we have the technology to take this with us as well as be able to communicate all on the same device. You may want to fight that but clearly many have chosen to embrace it. The devices wouldn't sell if the people didn't want them that's how capitalism works. If all you want is to communicate why do you need high specs you aren't gaming, you aren't watching videos, you aren't surfing the web, you are calling, texting, and maybe checking email. The arguments you present are really nothing but speculation and passive aggressive name calling. You never provide facts you only show your opinion and when countered you resort to calling people you don't know children. I'm a grown man who works for very large computer companies and government agencies. I have a career not a job so your insults and insinuations are fairly irritating when repeated.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    badbrad17 likes this.
  16. #141  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    GS3 mini is coming out...

    The Samsung Galaxy S3 mini with NFC packs the same dual-core processor running at 1GHz and a 4-inch Super AMOLED display with WVGA resolution. You also get a 5-megapixel camera that can shoot 720p video and a front-facing cam for video chats. Android 4.1 comes pre-loaded on the device.

    I dont know if thats high end enough for you.....

    HTC M7 rumors...


    One SV LTE


    Other phones in general, there are some recent ones smaller than a Note.





    And I dont have a GS3, I dont plan on getting the upcoming HTC, Sony or LG phones. Because what I value the most....Motorola also comes thru. Communication first here...and if I dont like their upcoming 5" phone...I will keep my Maxx HD as my main phone. There are also many dual core phones that one can use thats not bigger than 5". They might be older....but they are still good. A person thats really a communication first person wont really care about high end specs....because your wants n needs will outweigh the specs chasing game. I fell into the chase game last year....and it wont happen again.
  17. #142  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    Why do you guys monopolize this forum when this subject comes up. You add nothing to the discussion when 2 or 3 pro big phone supporters hog up the space and silence everyone else.

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    Big or small people should get what is best for them if possible. You said yourself that it's about communication first and not about the hardcore PlayStation generation users. In that case there are plenty of choices for smaller phones since you wouldn't need cutting edge power for that. One thing is for sure if Apple can put a great screen and camera in a smaller body so can Android OEMs.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
  18. #143  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    Big or small people should get what is best for them if possible. You said yourself that it's about communication first and not about the hardcore PlayStation generation users. In that case there are plenty of choices for smaller phones since you wouldn't need cutting edge power for that. One thing is for sure if Apple can put a great screen and camera in a smaller body so can Android OEMs.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    They can the issue in question is whether or not they feel its profitable. Which given the lack of these devices the accepted answer would be no. I'm sure it will happen eventually but I think the issue may be more fear of litigation in some form. Don't ask why this one is just personal speculation. We all know OEM's have the capability of putting high resolution screens in smaller form factors. Samsung Sony lg all of them have very strong display departments. So in my eyes its either litigation or poor projected sales holding it back.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #144  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    This notion that if you're not doing media and gaming, that you do not need a powerful device is ridiculous... Sorry but it is! With all the things a smart phone can do and all the apps that are brought to the table, you honestly believe that only media/gaming is the rational behind the specs???

    Also... If specs don't matter for smaller device users like myself, i wonder if how successful the Note and GS3 would be if they had 4in device specs! Apple would Crush them!!! Oh wait! Apple crushes them now! Get the point? Specs matter regardless of size.

    Lastly, when customers don't have options for a high quality device, they just buy what's available, which in this case is big. If you factor what people truly want, "given the opportunity to have quality options on Android," you would see that note/gs3 sales #s cut drastically. Granted, as we see here, there are some that big phones, but regardless, you would see a huge cut, as it is very clear that a large portion of customers want a powerful 4-4.3in device because it is more practical in the mobile space.

    And with that, you "actually" have use for a 7inch tablet! Phablets are cutting into what always was a very nice tablet size, and in my opinion, the perfect size for a tablet. If this tablet market goes under, its going to be at the hand of the ridiculous phablet, that only has success because there's no other option (like a monopoly).

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #145  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Again no data to back it up only speculation. And apple stomps the sales of everything not just big phones and I doubt its screen size since there's rumor of the iPhone math aka the 4.8" iphone. Go ahead Google it. We have had this same argument with you before iPhone sells for tons of reasons the second you can quantify the number that buy it ONLY for its size I will listen. You can't back up anything you say with any facts.

    Edit: what do you do on your phone that demands high end computing power on your phone please enlighten me.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  21. #146  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    I'll save you the trouble with one article



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #147  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Again no data to back it up only speculation. And apple stomps the sales of everything not just big phones and I doubt its screen size since there's rumor of the iPhone math aka the 4.8" iphone. Go ahead Google it. We have had this same argument with you before iPhone sells for tons of reasons the second you can quantify the number that buy it ONLY for its size I will listen. You can't back up anything you say with any facts.

    Edit: what do you do on your phone that demands high end computing power on your phone please enlighten me.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I've learned through the years that facts are only facts when it's convenient. As far as this discussion goes, I call it logical perception (aka a good opinion). No one can ever go into every customer's head to pull out "facts" on either side.

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #148  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    You have no good opinions though since you treat the 1% like the 99%. 99% of people don't know or follow specs they don't care. 99% of people buy what they think is cool or fits their needs which there's models for everyone. If these people really felt the screen was too big they would buy something else end of it. There is no monopoly it's in your head.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    jroc likes this.
  24. #149  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    This notion that if you're not doing media and gaming, that you do not need a powerful device is ridiculous... Sorry but it is! With all the things a smart phone can do and all the apps that are brought to the table, you honestly believe that only media/gaming is the rational behind the specs???

    Also... If specs don't matter for smaller device users like myself, i wonder if how successful the Note and GS3 would be if they had 4in device specs! Apple would Crush them!!! Oh wait! Apple crushes them now! Get the point? Specs matter regardless of size.

    Lastly, when customers don't have options for a high quality device, they just buy what's available, which in this case is big. If you factor what people truly want, "given the opportunity to have quality options on Android," you would see that note/gs3 sales #s cut drastically. Granted, as we see here, there are some that big phones, but regardless, you would see a huge cut, as it is very clear that a large portion of customers want a powerful 4-4.3in device because it is more practical in the mobile space.

    And with that, you "actually" have use for a 7inch tablet! Phablets are cutting into what always was a very nice tablet size, and in my opinion, the perfect size for a tablet. If this tablet market goes under, its going to be at the hand of the ridiculous phablet, that only has success because there's no other option (like a monopoly).

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    Are ppl buying the Note and GS3 because its a bigger phone....or because they like Samsung phones....or they like the features, specs. Samsung already proved how successful they would be if they were smaller.....its called the GS2 line...

    Your point about the 7" tablets.....thats makes more of a case for the phablets then to be popular. Its more mobile, smaller and you still get the tablet experience somewhat. A tablet that can make calls.....how many of them are out there? Now compare that to the Note2 and other phablets/huge phones...and you will start to see why they are getting more n more popular. I still dont like the size...lol. But..if I was gonna get my first tablet...these huge phones might sway my decision towards them instead of a tablet. Maybe you feel this way because you are a tablet owner..?
  25. #150  

    Default Re: Are phones getting too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    You have no good opinions though since you treat the 1% like the 99%. 99% of people don't know or follow specs they don't care. 99% of people buy what they think is cool or fits their needs which there's models for everyone. If these people really felt the screen was too big they would buy something else end of it. There is no monopoly it's in your head.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I guess the expert market research you spoke so eloquently about was wrong and they wasted their time with the spec wars all these years.

    And Wow! 99% is a big #! I bet you couldn't get 99% to agree that the world was round! Pretty interesting "non factual" # you have there lol

    Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phone is too big to use with one hand
    By jz68 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 08:33 PM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
  3. Emails are too big in stock email app
    By robyn25 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
  4. Attention Evo Owners - Is the phone too big?
    By archer7056 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
  5. Android users should not get too attached to their phones UI?
    By FrankTheTank369#AC in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

B