facebook phone

Good OL MC

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'm doubtful. Why make a device that would be a loss leader and not do anything that you can't already accomplish with apps or OS integration on iOS or Android? It was either Phil Nickinson or Rene Ritchie who said something along the lines of, "Why would Facebook make its own phone when right now essentially every phone is a Facebook phone?"

I tend to agree with that.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: facebook phone

Personally I'm doubtful. Why make a device that would be a loss leader and not do anything that you can't already accomplish with apps or OS integration on iOS or Android? It was either Phil Nickinson or Rene Ritchie who said something along the lines of, "Why would Facebook make its own phone when right now essentially every phone is a Facebook phone?"

I tend to agree with that.

Pure and simple.... Brand. Casuals dont care that every phone is technicly facebook phone, they want facebook phone with facebook logo on it. Facebook know this ;)

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This wouldn't be a smart move for facebook. While I understand the need to expand I think most of their money should be spent on their applications. While yes they are greatly improved, there is still a large amount of room for improvement performance wise.