Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: HTC M7

According to pocketdroid.net somebody got their hands on the rear and middle housing of the m7. If the model is accurate it looks like it will be a lot like the DNA, except it will have a camera button and no ninja led on the back. Also, like the DNA it will have no expandable memory.

ROM
    Viper

Htc is sending out invitations for a Febuary 19th event to launch the m7:

Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

They've added bezel from the One X?

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Kolli63 View Post
    They've added bezel from the One X?
    On that one unconfirmed pic it has. We have no way of knowing if that will be the final design or not, but i sure hope the bezel is smaller on the final. I like the overall design otherwise, but why make a smaller than 5" screen device if you are going to put it in a frame that could house a full 5" screen?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    DWS44 likes this.

I really thought it was going to be called the two-X lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

My only guess as to why the phone is the same size as the DNA, but with a screen the size of the One X is due to the rumoured front facing speakers. I've 'shopped the two leaked images together to get a better understanding of the possible design of the M7.

It seems to fit quite well, my only guess is that the speaker grill at the bottom just doesn't show up very well on the black design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC M7 aka "HTC One"-htcm7.jpg  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

"Verizon is known for doing things a little different, or at their own pace to put it lightly, and this looks to be no different. Reports are claiming T-Mobile, AT&T, and the Now Network will all have the M7 (still just a codename) come mid March. Apparently Verizon either wont offer the M7 at all, or wont be a launch partner for unknown reasons. Possibly because it doesnt have the 'DROID' name attached to it, or they dont want to launch so close to their own flagship"

I hope HTC M7 works on T-Mobile. What would be better if they just came out with on HTC M7 that can work on 4 major carriers like the iPhone 5.

I will be selling my TMW S3 for HTC M7 if the rumors are true.
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post

"Verizon is known for doing things a little different, or at their own pace to put it lightly, and this looks to be no different. Reports are claiming T-Mobile, AT&T, and the Now Network will all have the M7 (still just a codename) come mid March. Apparently Verizon either wont offer the M7 at all, or wont be a launch partner for unknown reasons. Possibly because it doesnt have the 'DROID' name attached to it, or they dont want to launch so close to their own flagship"

I hope HTC M7 works on T-Mobile. What would be better if they just came out with on HTC M7 that can work on 4 major carriers like the iPhone 5.

I will be selling my TMW S3 for HTC M7 if the rumors are true.
    not that this is surprising, but it makes me want to rage quit. I was actually going to go out and get it if the rumors were accurate .

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

What's with the G2? They already made an HTC G2,it's a desire Z without sense!

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    What's with the G2? They already made an HTC G2,it's a desire Z without sense!

HTC G2 is just a code name and has nothing to the HTC or Lg G2.

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    HTC G2 is just a code name and has nothing to the HTC or Lg G2.

So it'll be the Two-X, Two-S, and Two-V?

Lol I'm only joking. I gotta ask what is the point of the G2? I never get why phone manufacturers put out new phones with such dated hardware. The g2 is by all means a 2010 model phone. Why would I buy that when I could get a galaxy s2 for the same price, where the hardware is still somewhat relevant?

From my experience until android phones got dual cores and 1 gig of ram, you were better off with an iphone. I loved my captivate but I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to it, it was laggy out of the box, and laggy with about any custom rom on it. Ran world's better with cm7 and 9, but smooth it was not, and thus why new phones with that kinda hardware shouldn't still be coming out.

Imo they should just just take last year's phones and make them budget phones.

Last edited by cormaster628; 02-02-2013 at 09:09 AM.

So... What are the chances the rumor of the HTC M7 having the Tegra 4 running on it are true? One more thing, I actually hope the keep the name as M7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus all day every day.

So it'll be the Two-X, Two-S, and Two-V?

Lol I'm only joking. I gotta ask what is the point of the G2? I never get why phone manufacturers put out new phones with such dated hardware. The g2 is by all means a 2010 model phone. Why would I buy that when I could get a galaxy s2 for the same price, where the hardware is still somewhat relevant?

From my experience until android phones got dual cores and 1 gig of ram, you were better off with an iphone. I loved my captivate but I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to it, it was laggy out of the box, and laggy with about any custom rom on it. Ran world's better with cm7 and 9, but smooth it was not, and thus why new phones with that kinda hardware shouldn't still be coming out.

Imo they should just just take last year's phones and make them budget phones.

Last year's high end phones are not substantially cheaper to produce. They can maybe sell them at a discount while they're emptying out inventory, but it is not as profitable as a phone designed to be low end.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by achacon77 View Post
    So... What are the chances the rumor of the HTC M7 having the Tegra 4 running on it are true? One more thing, I actually hope the keep the name as M7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Lately so far the rumor went away and got replaced with a SnapDragon S4 Pro processor thats been pumped up to 1.7ghz

Quote Originally Posted by djw39 View Post
    Last year's high end phones are not substantially cheaper to produce. They can maybe sell them at a discount while they're emptying out inventory, but it is not as profitable as a phone designed to be low end.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Still a dual core and a gig of ram isn't too much to ask, as well as a front camera.

S4 pro is quad-core.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

I am aware I was talking about the low end g2,not the mid range m4 or high end m7. And the s4 is well epic, using one now!

So what does the m7 have tegra 4 or s4? Heard both. Honestly I think tegra is overrated after owning a nexus 7.

ROM
    Viper

I am aware I was talking about the low end g2,not the mid range m4 or high end m7. And the s4 is well epic, using one now!

So what does the m7 have tegra 4 or s4? Heard both. Honestly I think tegra is overrated after owning a nexus 7.

Well if it had the tegra 4, it would be completely different ballgame than the tegra 3 in your n7.

What it will actually have? Idk. My guess is the s4 pro at 1.7(I think that was in one of the leaks?). It might be too soon for the tegra 4.

I had similar reservations about the tegra 3 in till I uped the clock to 1.6ghz ;-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

ROM
    Viper

More new stuff...

M7 is showing up on store notices.

Super awesome camera tech.

And Verizon may get a dna refresh instead of m7

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    More new stuff...

M7 is showing up on store notices.

Super awesome camera tech.

And Verizon may get a dna refresh instead of m7

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Sounds more like Verizon is getting the M7 and giving it their own name.
    The specs are the same as the M7 rumors. The sd-card slot is new though.

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by gameworm View Post
    Sounds more like Verizon is getting the M7 and giving it their own name.
    The specs are the same as the M7 rumors. The sd-card slot is new though.
    Yeah that is what it looks like. Does not make alot of sense to do it like this, but it is verizon.

If it is true to the specs, i will be getting one. Storage is the only reason i dont already own a DNA. If this fixes that, i will be pleased. May be they will bump the battery up a bit for some more life as well

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I missed where it said there's an SD card ?

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by chase1963 View Post
    I missed where it said there's an SD card ?
    says so on this one:

ROM
    Stock

Htc decided to not call it the m7,its now going to be called the HTC ONE

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast