HTC M7 aka "HTC One"

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC M7

I am aware I was talking about the low end g2,not the mid range m4 or high end m7. And the s4 is well epic, using one now!

So what does the m7 have tegra 4 or s4? Heard both. Honestly I think tegra is overrated after owning a nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I am aware I was talking about the low end g2,not the mid range m4 or high end m7. And the s4 is well epic, using one now!

So what does the m7 have tegra 4 or s4? Heard both. Honestly I think tegra is overrated after owning a nexus 7.

Well if it had the tegra 4, it would be completely different ballgame than the tegra 3 in your n7.

What it will actually have? Idk. My guess is the s4 pro at 1.7(I think that was in one of the leaks?). It might be too soon for the tegra 4.

I had similar reservations about the tegra 3 in till I uped the clock to 1.6ghz ;-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

gameworm

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
More new stuff...

M7 is showing up on store notices.

Super awesome camera tech.

And Verizon may get a dna refresh instead of m7

Verizon's HTC M7 could come to life as a Droid DNA refresh - CNET Mobile

Ultrapixels? Karaoke? Where HTC's 'M7' could go next - CNET Mobile

HTC M7 popping up all over the shop(s) | TechRadar

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Sounds more like Verizon is getting the M7 and giving it their own name.
The specs are the same as the M7 rumors. The sd-card slot is new though.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Sounds more like Verizon is getting the M7 and giving it their own name.
The specs are the same as the M7 rumors. The sd-card slot is new though.

Yeah that is what it looks like. Does not make alot of sense to do it like this, but it is verizon.

If it is true to the specs, i will be getting one. Storage is the only reason i dont already own a DNA. If this fixes that, i will be pleased. May be they will bump the battery up a bit for some more life as well ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Htc decided to not call it the m7,its now going to be called the HTC ONE

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Htc decided to not call it the m7,its now going to be called the HTC ONE

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

I hope it's the only One.

Then M4 = One mini and G2 = Desire (because they can't quite seem to kill that name)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I like the HTC 8X and HTC DNA design but for me nothing will beat the One X.

The HTC One X on design point between the One X and the One is that the X could not be seen as the predecessor. I say this in the perspective of mainstream consumer. Who are not tech savvy. The consumer knows very little of the One X because of it's exclusivity and being over shadowed by the S3. These factors lead to reason why HTC was not concern with continuing the X monarch as the device did not set a president. Without the president set by the One X then name is not yet recognizable so why carry name over to next generation.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

That pic looks incredibley fake. It looks misaligned and just not something that would not be characteristic. The big names are saying it is from a reliable sources though...

Assuming there is some truth to it:
Why so freaking much bezel? Can someone please tell me that. What is the point of having a phone that is thin as a sheet of paper if it is wide as a surfboard. Forget not being able to reach conners with your thumb. At this rate we wont be about to reach across just to the other side. Make it thicker. It will be ok. Just make the bezel go away.

The htc in the middle is odd as well. I wonder what all it does?

Front speakers are cool i guess.

Sense is looking better. More integrated and coherent.

Why SO much bezel? WHY? Taht alone will ruin the device.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Looks too similar to the iPhone. I've had HTC devices since I started using Android, but this might be the first time I seriously look at another brand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Why so freaking much bezel? Can someone please tell me that. What is the point of having a phone that is thin as a sheet of paper if it is wide as a surfboard. Forget not being able to reach conners with your thumb. At this rate we wont be about to reach across just to the other side. Make it thicker. It will be ok. Just make the bezel go away...

Why SO much bezel? WHY?

AMEN, brother!

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

I like the HTC 8X and HTC DNA design but for me nothing will beat the One X.

The HTC One X on design point between the One X and the One is that the X could not be seen as the predecessor. I say this in the perspective of mainstream consumer. Who are not tech savvy. The consumer knows very little of the One X because of it's exclusivity and being over shadowed by the S3. These factors lead to reason why HTC was not concern with continuing the X monarch as the device did not set a president. Without the president set by the One X then name is not yet recognizable so why carry name over to next generation.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

I see your point but honestly I think the best move would be to come up with an all new brand name. One vs one series is going to confuse anyone who hasn't followed Mobile technology and honestly, One is a terrible name because they can't carry it on like "iphone" or "galaxy s". What's next year's phones going to be called? Two? One II?

I know they don't have the pull that Samsung does to have one brand name across all carriers but there's ways around it. Samsung launched 4 different original Galaxy S phones in the us, and they didn't have the pull to do what they are doing now, so what did they do? They kept the Galaxy S branding. My Captivate for instance, had "Galaxy S" imprinted on the battery cover, and had the galaxy s boot animation. It was well known the Captivate was a galaxy S phone, even if it wasn't identical to the GT-i9000.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I see your point but honestly I think the best move would be to come up with an all new brand name. One vs one series is going to confuse anyone who hasn't followed Mobile technology and honestly, One is a terrible name because they can't carry it on like "iphone" or "galaxy s". What's next year's phones going to be called? Two? One II?

I know they don't have the pull that Samsung does to have one brand name across all carriers but there's ways around it. Samsung launched 4 different original Galaxy S phones in the us, and they didn't have the pull to do what they are doing now, so what did they do? They kept the Galaxy S branding. My Captivate for instance, had "Galaxy S" imprinted on the battery cover, and had the galaxy s boot animation. It was well known the Captivate was a galaxy S phone, even if it wasn't identical to the GT-i9000.

HTC is supposedly going to use One.

Samsung is using Galaxy S (I, II, III, and probably IV) and Galaxy Note (1 and 2)
Apple is using iPhone (none, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, and probably 5S)

I would expect HTC to still have a tag after One though. If not, this is going to be messy for them.