Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

ROM
    Viper

Default Re: HTC M7

Quote Originally Posted by Kolli63 View Post

From the video posted by HTC, this looks like the real deal. I still say that the screen portion on this pic is fake photoshop, but the overal device design looks to be true. I just really hope the bezel is kept down and it is not quite as tall as it looks.

Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Default Re: HTC M7 aka "HTC One"

I am pretty excited about this phone. I love my One X however, I had to install Viper XL in order to get jelly bean because AT&T and, or HTC is dragging their feet. That's my biggest reservation about this new handset. It will release with jelly bean, possibly version 4.2 but who knows? I bet before this phone even hits store shelves Google will release key lime pie and it will be a year or so before this new handset gets that upgrade. Especially with AT&T. Very frustrating.

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I can't stand the power button on the side of the phone on my husband's note 2. I have no issue what so ever with the power button on the top of my DNA.I don't have to stretch to reach it and its easily pressable with my otterbox. As for this new htc device, I am beyond pleased with the DNA and believe that it will suit me for the two years until my upgrade. Battery and storage are irrelevant to me since I'm a stay at home mom and have access to WiFi for the cloud and plug ins for a charger any hour of the day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Was just watching the Real Madrid vs Manchester United game and noticed all the advertising boards we're showing "htc one". Good to see HTC are getting the ads in early.
    Ry and Rizz1-2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barca009 View Post
    Was just watching the Real Madrid vs Manchester United game and noticed all the advertising boards we're showing "htc one". Good to see HTC are getting the ads in early.
    Ye noticed that in the Celtic - Juventus game on tuesday. Not sure about the name, it has a point but having one x already out kinda ruins the awesomeness in it.

Such a stupid, stupid name. HTCs board room "what do we call it?", "hell I got nothing, let's just keep the same name as last year "," Brilliant!"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Looks like March 22nd is the rumoured launch date for all the US carriers except verizon in 32gb $199 and 64gb $299 versions. I'm sure Verizon will want to make tweaks like only 16gb version to force customers to use the cloud and give more time for the DNA to sell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Looks like March 22nd is the rumoured launch date for all the US carriers except verizon in 32gb $199 and 64gb $299 versions. I'm sure Verizon will want to make tweaks like only 16gb version to force customers to use the cloud and give more time for the DNA to sell.

If it comes to Verizon at 199, with 32g and no other big changes it will be mine. O yes, yes it will

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    If it comes to Verizon at 199, with 32g and no other big changes it will be mine. O yes, yes it will

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    We can only hope!

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I might get this phone. I been looking at trying out an HTC especially if sprint gets the 64gb version.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed 1.3, stock

To me, the big fail with the DNA was only 16Gb of storage. I need space for multiple nandroids and a few hundred MP3s for when I'm on a plane or in an area with poor 3g/4g or if I'm going to be out and about all day and want to conserve battery by not streaming. No SD card doesn't bother me if I can get 64Gb on board. I would still like a removable battery, but I can get past that. I'm still curious to see more details on the Galaxy S4 for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post

without question the 64gb will replace my one x +

I just read the at&t HOX doesn't have jelly bean yet, they better work to fix that situation if they hope to sell more phones. That's just ridiculous imo

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    I just read the at&t HOX doesn't have jelly bean yet, they better work to fix that situation if they hope to sell more phones. That's just ridiculous imo

Well when the manufacturers get it done can be fixed, but carriers there is no fix unless they completely forgo the carrier tech support and such and swing a deal like apple. Won't happen any time soon.

Right now they have no control when or if att pushes it out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post

Do you truly believe that upgrades are a big sales driver?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

They are for me. That's why I'm rocking a nexus 4 now, sick of the bs. I haven't even rooted this thing probably never will.

General Public probably not but still shows lack of commitment. From my experience HTC does not stand behind their products at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Do you truly believe that upgrades are a big sales driver?
    I don't think upgrades would drive sales to the "mainstream." Having said that, though, I know of cases where the lack of upgrades has driven people away. Specifically, when Motorola failed to support their devices after promising they would, so many people were pissed. Motorola lost some loyalty and brand respect.

I think that HTC would be wise to offer support on their devices, but understand that device support isn't going to win them any *new* customers. They have to make devices that appeal to the broader market.

HTC really needs a marketing campaign to illustrate that their phones have the best and sharpest displays. Every review I read said the HOX had a better display than the S3. I think HTC ought better capitalize on that.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Yeah they probably don't, I need to keep my personal feelings out of it. It just seems sad that for people who owned htc stuff from 2011 like me, to think "HTC has changed, they're really doing great with the one series" only a year later to see same old crap. And why did they even bother with the one x plus? They give this whole spiel about how they are only going to release one major phone a year, and then make a filler phone! People who bought the one X then feel like they got screwed, and people who buy the plus end up feeling screwed 6 months later. Really on AT&T, the one X plus is the Vivid of 2012. The Vivid was a filler to fill the gap between the Inspire 4G and the HOX and now the HOX+ fills the gap between the original and the new m7. Samsung releases a 100 garbage phones, but they haven't made any phone that slightly one ups the gs3 or Note 2 to tide people over.

Looks legit to me. I really don't like how the speakers are on top of the device, when you play on the phone I think your hands will cover the speakers.

ROM
    Viper

Official Specs:

DISPLAY: 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI
    CPU SPEED: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz
    PLATFORM ANDROID: Android™ with HTC Sense™, HTC BlinkFeed™
    Total storage : 32GB/64GB, available capacity varies1
    RAM : 2 GB DDR2
    GPS: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS, Digital compass
    SENSORS: Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
    CONNECTIVITY: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack,NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link

SOUND ENHANCEMENT
    HTC BoomSound™
    Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
    Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™
    HDR Microphone
    Sense Voice

CAMERA:

HTC UltraPixel Camera
    BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3'
    Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2
    F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
    Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)

Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
    Front Camera: 2.1 MP, 880 wide angle lens with HDR capability
    1080p Full HD video recording for both front and back cameras

SIZE: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm
    WEIGHT: 143g
    Ry likes this.

ROM
    Viper

A hands on, and o the software is sexy... Looks like they have cherry picked some windows phone style tiles for the "blink" software. I am perfictly ok with that just because it runs so smooth. I might hold out for this thing on verizon.

jroc likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Sense still has the hideous green battery bar and obnoxious wifi logo! Lighter my ***!

Oh and they forgot a button.

Last edited by cormaster628; 02-19-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234