Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Where is Moto

I guess your right for a few months there it was the best seller.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Default Odp: Where is Moto

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Why not globally?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Because not all carriers gets its mutant at least here

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am glad that someone pushed the battery envelope for the industry, but it's like if Toyota put a 50 gallon tank in a camry. I would hope it gets pretty far on a tank.

Now if they found a way to get that kind of life out of a 2000ma battery, that would be something to talk about.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Doesn't the Maxx get like 10-12 screen on time with a battery that is not even twice the size of the GNex, which gets 2 hours or so?
    I think their battery life is pretty noteworthy to me.
    Is anyone even getting 5 hours screen on time with that huge 3800 battery on the GNex?
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Starting with the Droid 1, before Moto started using the bigger batteries...Motorola phones have usually been near the top or at the top in overall battery life for Android phones. They still do something besides the bigger batteries to have decent battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDroid01 View Post
    NO ONE was impressed? I hope that's sarcasm because in mid-2012 the Maxx was the top-selling smartphone at the largest carrier in the US, beating out even the iPhone 4s, and has the reputation of having one of the best battery lifes you can buy on Android.

Sent from my rezoundingly amazing Rezound.
    Wow. I need to practice making my sarcasm more obvious.
    Ry likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

No not at all... You did a GREAT job

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    Ry and craZDude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Starting with the Droid 1, before Moto started using the bigger batteries...Motorola phones have usually been near the top or at the top in overall battery life for Android phones. They still do something besides the bigger batteries to have decent battery life.
    As far as I know Moto's have one of the better radios, that gives better cell reception. My current phone's (GSII SkyRocket) battery drains heavily when I have a weak signal (constantly searching for the strongest signal).
    In my opinion, Moto has one of the better build qualities, similar to Blackberry. I still see people walking around with the O.G. Droid.

Moto already has:
    ~ Great cell reception: Alwasy top notch
    ~ Great battery: Maxx
    ~ Build quality: Usually very durable

Now we just need:
    ~ Hardware: Moto usually has good hardware. I want great, to ensure satisfaction through a 2yr commitment.
    ~ Great Software: Moto has been getting better, which leads me to next want. (see below)
    ~ Hack-ability: Moto's security is excellent, too good. Modders want a easily unlocked boot-loader.

For my ideal 'daily driver' phone.
    Quietly Thinking out Loud!
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    jroc likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,741 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChillFactorz View Post
    As far as I know Moto's have one of the better radios, that gives better cell reception. My current phone's (GSII SkyRocket) battery drains heavily when I have a weak signal (constantly searching for the strongest signal).
    In my opinion, Moto has one of the better build qualities, similar to Blackberry. I still see people walking around with the O.G. Droid.

Moto already has:
    ~ Great cell reception: Alwasy top notch
    ~ Great battery: Maxx
    ~ Build quality: Usually very durable

Now we just need:
    ~ Hardware: Moto usually has good hardware. I want great, to ensure satisfaction through a 2yr commitment.
    ~ Great Software: Moto has been getting better, which leads me to next want. (see below)
    ~ Hack-ability: Moto's security is excellent, too good. Modders want a easily unlocked boot-loader.

For my ideal 'daily driver' phone.
    Wait. "we just need"

But "Moto usually has good hardware" - In terms of fit, finish, and materials, I think Motorola's already there. I just hope they source better components (better, higher-quality cameras - maybe even better screens (quality not resolution).

In terms of software, I think Motorola's already there. The ICS/JB MotoBlur is excellent and lightweight. It's not stock, but it's clearly Motorola - and that's what every OEM wants. Clean up some of the icons maybe.

"Hackability" is something that should definitely be low on the priority list. Modders are the 1%.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    jroc likes this.

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Wait. "we just need"

But "Moto usually has good hardware" - In terms of fit, finish, and materials, I think Motorola's already there. I just hope they source better components (better, higher-quality cameras - maybe even better screens (quality not resolution).

In terms of software, I think Motorola's already there. The ICS/JB MotoBlur is excellent and lightweight. It's not stock, but it's clearly Motorola - and that's what every OEM wants. Clean up some of the icons maybe.

"Hackability" is something that should definitely be low on the priority list. Modders are the 1%.
    The hardware thing is more about the "spec" components. Processor, ram, storage, res, ect. They are always good on their flagship, but never great or bleeding edge. Many this does not matter to, but those of us that keep phones for a long time and want that pushing the envelope performance it does.

The soft ware thing I do agree with mostly. The latest MotoBlur is better and on the right track, but still needs refinement. Needs more visual conformity.

"Hackability" is the last big fault moto has. Even if it is not important to you, it is important for the overall success of a devise. It brings devs and devs bring ppl that both take advantage of their talents and don't. It brings tech literate consumers that tell friends and post about it on the Internet. There are all kinds of advantages to it. It is one of the main reasons Samsung has been so successful despite other flaws.

It is actually the reason I just passed on a Maxx hd. No way to unlock on a non development one...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
    ChillFactorz likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,741 Global Posts

The hardware thing is more about the "spec" components. Processor, ram, storage, res, ect. They are always good on their flagship, but never great or bleeding edge. Many this does not matter to, but those of us that keep phones for a long time and want that pushing the envelope performance it does.
    Is this because the RAZR M and HD shipped with an S4 and not an S4 Pro? lol.

"Hackability" is the last big fault moto has. Even if it is not important to you, it is important for the overall success of a devise. It brings devs and devs bring ppl that both take advantage of their talents and don't. It brings tech literate consumers that tell friends and post about it on the Internet. There are all kinds of advantages to it. It is one of the main reasons Samsung has been so successful despite other flaws.

It is actually the reason I just passed on a Maxx hd. No way to unlock on a non development one...
    "Hackability" isn't important to regular buyers. App developers matter and a device doesn't need to be "hackable" for that. ROM developers aren't all that relevant as you make them out to be. The ability to flash a new ROM on a device is insignificant to the 99%.

And no, being "hackable" isn't a main reason for Samsung's current success.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    jroc likes this.

I love the direction this thread is taking.

My comments did have in it "my opinion" reffering to my own needs/wants.

I posted a while back ago that I thought Moto was cleaning out existing inventory. while coming up with new hardware, phones.... I expected there to be a Moto phone drought, before Googlorola realsed their vision of a Smartphone. Time will tell, what the new Moto has to offer. I hope they don't wait as long as RIM did, who lost a lot of market share and loyal customers, waiting for BBX.
    Quietly Thinking out Loud!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12