Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mcgowan398
  • 2 Post By Nakrohtap
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MOTO X is coming soon

This RUMORED phone will have NON NEXUS software and will be on MULTIPLE CARRIERS....its suppose to sport a 5 inch display..:thumbup::thumbup:

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS
    Erik ejf likes this.

Default Re: MOTO X is coming soon

Like it, excited about something new from Moto. Hope its true.

Hate the size...lol.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I just want to know release dates. Any news on that, Phone Arena said google I/O but they are not exactly right all the time, plus I/O would be more stock, and not a skinned version even if it is lighter on the custom UI.

Default Odp: MOTO X is coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by apcman View Post
    I just want to know release dates. Any news on that, Phone Arena said google I/O but they are not exactly right all the time, plus I/O would be more stock, and not a skinned version even if it is lighter on the custom UI.
    Well in io history they give out htc evo 4g which not only was not stack software device it was not even gsm device. In io only nexus is annouce and i think they most likely will will be GoogleTV nexus since its only missing element in nexus line.

Default Re: Odp: MOTO X is coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by zwj1234 View Post
    According the news from androidauthority, The Motorola X is said to be launched on July 8 after being announced in mid-May at Google I/O, although dont be surprised to see that date change. Moreover, the handset will cost $299 on Verizon with new contracts, while Google will sell the device contract-free from the Google Play Store at a similar off-contract price to Nexus line.

Pricing details for other carriers are not available at this time, although it would make sense to see them charge their subscribers similar fees as Verizon. Whats interesting though is that Big Red will have a special fee for anyone looking to unlock the bootloader of the Motorola X $15/month whereas Google Play buyers will get it unlocked from the get-go.

Can't wait to see.
    That would be pretty cool if they sold it at the Nexus price. I just got a new phone in November, but...but...

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Leave it to Verizon to kill sales of this device before it's even announced by charging people $15/month to unlock the bootloader. If they were so worried about phones with custom ROMs on their precious network, why is it all of the sudden okay now when they want to charge a monthly fee?
    If this rumor is true, I am thoroughly disgusted by their constant money grabs for doing absolutely nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    THARD11 and Erik ejf like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,411 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    Leave it to Verizon to kill sales of this device before it's even announced by charging people $15/month to unlock the bootloader. If they were so worried about phones with custom ROMs on their precious network, why is it all of the sudden okay now when they want to charge a monthly fee?
    If this rumor is true, I am thoroughly disgusted by their constant money grabs for doing absolutely nothing.

There's nothing official about " $15/month to unlock the bootloader".

Quote Originally Posted by apcman View Post
    The phone hasn't been announced. You won't get official release date information before then.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    There's nothing official about " $15/month to unlock the bootloader".
    There is nothing official about anything in this latest article floating around.
    I only stated" if the rumor is true..."
    This is merely a discussion on the latest rumors.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

any suggestions what the moto x will present

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by rksst228 View Post
    any suggestions what the moto x will present
    There are crazy rumors about buttons on the back and strange shapes and modular software an such, but its Moto, so history suggests that it will be an uninspired brick with decent specs but not fantastic specs and possibly a fat battery...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    its Moto, so history suggests that it will be an uninspired brick with decent specs but not fantastic specs and possibly a fat battery...
    I don't think it will be an uninspired brick since Google bought it. It supposed to compete with the likes of the iPhone 5, S3, and 920. So I think design will be a big part of the making of the device. Especially if its competing with the iPhone 5 and Lumia 920 which have, in my opinion spectacular phone designs.